OT: Who Is Your NFL Team?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
With the NFL Conference Finals set, it would be interesting to hear who Leafs Nation cheers for and jeers against.

Post your favourite team you love and the team you love to hate.

Love - Pittsburgh Steelers
Hate - Dallas Cowboys

Seed was firmly planted in the Staubach vs Bradshaw - Landry vs Knoll days.
Was partying in a bar with a bunch of Steelers many years ago. Even got invited to a private Steeler party. Didn't make it. Me and the friend I was with, were drinking far too much. Bubby Brister (QB at the time) had to help my friend to the washroom so he could puke. What can I say? We were young and ordering doubles for about 3 hours straight.
I was a fan going back to the late 70's but made a point to go to Pitt when I became legal to drink there quite often to catch a game. I met quite a number of them in the early 90's and even ran into Craig Wolfley, a long time Steeler who was then playing for the Vikings.

Wild times

Reactions: LeafSteel and kb

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
#flyeaglesfly

0E510F46-41B2-4B0B-A53D-C18DAA9FF559.gif

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The Kelce Bowl - with each brother already having a SB win - at least makes for an interesting storyline.

Reactions: LeafSteel

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Love the Rams and hate the Patriots.

well hoping for a good superbowl, im just pumped to order pizza lots of snacks and refreshments.
Me too brother.

If you think NHL refs are bad, try watching the NFL. They're just completely incompetent.
The reffing in that Bengals Chiefs AFC Championship game last night made the 3rd period of game 6 last year look immaculate.

It was brutal. Especially in the 4th quarter.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Love the Rams and hate the Patriots.

Me too brother.

The reffing in that Bengals Chiefs AFC Championship game last night made the 3rd period of game 6 last year look immaculate.

It was brutal. Especially in the 4th quarter.
I thought it was fine. Go Chiefs!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Not a huge football fan but luv da Super Bowl parties and ads .. fondness for Pats and Steelers .. was a big Steeler fan as a youngster (Bradshaw, Mean Joe Greene too and all da great LB's from Penn which is linebacker nation) as went to Altoona/State College a lot and then on Sunday to Heinz field for games and then became a Pats fan when I lived there after hockey .. watching Brady play in 10 Super Bowls basically every 2nd year he played a Super Bowl (no one has ever even comes close to that kinda 50% success over a 20 year career in da modern era of pro sports) .. we are all lucky to see that level of GOATNESS for that long a period of time ..

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Started out as a Bill's fan, after the Grey Cup was finished, the only football available was the NFL/AFL and the Bill's were the local CBS broadcast for Buffalo, the NFL was on NBC and so it was normally a Giants game at 1pm. The NFL was 3 downs and a cloud of dust, the AFL was much more pass oriented So the Bill's became it.

Then Bud Grant left Winnipeg, signed with Minnesota and brought his passing game and Joe Kapp with him. The Vikngs became exciting and a great show, you knew the offense was likely going to be 2 to 1 pass to rush.

Then the Cowboys played in that "On the frozen tundra" game and introduced Dandy Don and that great Dallas pro offense, the stoic Tom Landry, and the Star to the world. I've never looked back. Both Romo and Prescott have made it difficult to stay loyal and I might file for divorce if they don't take a QB in the first round, and move Prescott to Tampa.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I've been a Packers for about 20 years when they still had Favre. Got to see then win 1 championship with Rodgers, although he shoulda had at least 2.

I don't really hate any team, but I enjoy when the Cowboys lose, like every non cowboy fan.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
So I guess I can ask this here. Coming from a non NFL fan (I do love Tailgating tho)

In hockey lots of fans become fans of teams due to city they live in.. or passed down from relatives, but generally Canadian hockey fans cheer for Canadian teams... Leafs/Habs biggest due to history...

How does someone who lives in Canada, (Toronto) become as emotionally tied to an American Football team like they do to let's say we are to the leafs?

Always fascinated me and just very curious in a non judgy / negative way! Haha

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Washington for about 50 years , it’s been painful since the idiot bought the team and when the Cowboys were dominant while I was in high school but I did get to enjoy 3 Super Bowl wins .
I became a Washington football fan in 1987. Was actually more of a CFL fan when I was younger. Had a friend who was a Washington fan and I started following them.

1990s NFL for me was always the best.

Reactions: hotpaws

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
So I guess I can ask this here. Coming from a non NFL fan (I do love Tailgating tho)

In hockey lots of fans become fans of teams due to city they live in.. or passed down from relatives, but generally Canadian hockey fans cheer for Canadian teams... Leafs/Habs biggest due to history...

How does someone who lives in Canada, (Toronto) become as emotionally tied to an American Football team like they do to let's say we are to the leafs?

Great question.

For me I was always a Houston Rockets NBA fan too growing up. Loved the Twin Towers. Jays for baseball.

I was always emotionally attached to Leafs and Caps along with the Jays.

Never really had the same emotional attachment to Washington in the NFL and Houston in the NBA.

I pretty much became a Raptors fan and dropped the Rockets once Toronto got an NFL team.:laugh:

Reactions: Metroid

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Had an Uncle that worked in Pittsburg and he brought me a Superbowl toque from their win in 75. Been a fan ever since.
His work took him to Cleveland a few years later. Thank God I was already a Steeler fan. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad