OT: Who Is Your NFL Team?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
With the NFL Conference Finals set, it would be interesting to hear who Leafs Nation cheers for and jeers against.

Post your favourite team you love and the team you love to hate.

Love - Pittsburgh Steelers
Hate - Dallas Cowboys

Seed was firmly planted in the Staubach vs Bradshaw - Landry vs Knoll days.
First game I ever watched as a kid was Pittsburgh with Joe Gillam (who beat out Bradshaw for the starting QB job), I loved Gillam, was a PIT fan for a long time and remember that Super Bowl against DAL very well. My PIT love faded over the years and I've always rooted for the Bills. Now that CIN took out Buffalo, I will root for them the rest of the way, they were a pretty cool Cinderella story last season, they're on a roll, they stomped the Bills yesterday and it's hard not to like Joe Burrow.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
First game I ever watched as a kid was Pittsburgh with Joe Gillam (who beat out Bradshaw for the starting QB job), I loved Gillam, was a PIT fan for a long time and remember that Super Bowl against DAL very well. My PIT love faded over the years and I've always rooted for the Bills. Now that CIN took out Buffalo, I will root for them the rest of the way, they were a pretty cool Cinderella story last season, they're on a roll, they stomped the Bills yesterday and it's hard not to like Joe Burrow.
As a Chiefs fan, I find it pretty easy actually! :laugh:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Totally agree. Dude is weird as fck and it is awesome.

We have all been waiting around for the next great pocket passer... don't look now, I think he is here. He is made in the mold of the great pocket passers of yesteryear. No gimmicks, not a true runner but can escape when necessary, just a slinger who can stand in there and make plays.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
For years the NFC was the dominant Conference, but loving the strength in the AFC.

The rivalries now are transcending Division rivalries, with the Bengals, Chiefs, Bills, and Ravens leading the way. Pittsburgh and New England were previously up there as well.

The playoffs have been outstanding thus far and I don’t remember a playoff I’ve enjoyed this much that didn’t involve the Steelers….

Reactions: Jojalu

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I’m a raiders fan! But I’m also a fan of players. Justin Jefferson, Josh Allen, Keenan Allen, Hunter Renfrow just to name a few

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
huge Vikings fan, not sure how I came to be a Leafs/vikings fan, but this Combo is horrible, so used to losing now lol, but in General I love Football so I watch every Sunday, no really dislike for any team except that Packers but that comes with being a Vikings fan lol

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
1985 I cheered for New England after winning a bet with a classmate (vs. Dolphins). I went through many painful years soon after: changing the uniform/colours, 1-15 season in 1990, losing to the Packers in 96, etc. Ever since I've been spoiled with Belichick/Brady (6 super bowls). Now comes the pain, but it just can't get any more rewarding than what we witnessed.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Interesting thread. Not a football guy at all. I'd take the Argos over any cause they are Toronto and that means a lot to me. Not that I particularly care about the Argos either.

But. I figured I should at least try to root for an NFL team. So I decided to look into it maybe 10-15 years back. Based on my Toronto/Geographic love, it would be easy to assume Buffalo would be the pick. But I decided I wanted to pick a team that no one else I know likes. It would truly be my lovely, random team.

I ended up going with the Jacksonville Jaguars. That's right. No one else likes them. Their logo is so cool. That's enough for me. Have considered buying a Lawrence t-shirt but idk.

In the grand scheme of things though, I don't care. Nice to see them starting to break out and do well, but on Saturday a Leaf win was more important to me than the Jags winning and I didn't even watch the game.

On another note, I do feel for Bills fans and am glad I'm not one having to deal with the Leafs already. My NFL history is not the greatest and I know these teams' droughts may not go back as far as the Leafs. But as far as I'm concerned, the Bills, Cowboys, Dolphins, Browns and Jets remind me of the Leafs. Just feel sort of doomed every year (can add teams like the Mets and Knicks to that as well).

I like to bet on sports with my friend, he normally does the NFL bets. But yesterday I told him to parlay the Bengals and 49ers and felt fairly confident in that without knowing football, but just knowing what it is like to cheer for a team with a suffering fanbase.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Eagles fan since the Cunningham days. Don’t really hate any team in particular. Hoping for a Philly/Cincy final.
Pulling for Philly myself.
My best friend growing up(RIP) was always an Eagles fan since back in the Ron Jaworski days. I've always had a soft spot for them.
Funny I was explaining to a younger buddy watching the games on Saturday about Harold Charmicheal. He had never heard of him.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Pulling for Philly myself.
My best friend growing up(RIP) was always an Eagles fan since back in the Ron Jaworski days. I've always had a soft spot for them.
Funny I was explaining to a younger buddy watching the games on Saturday about Harold Charmicheal. He had never heard of him.
He was a little before my time, so I never saw him play. Just know he’s a legend in Philly. Brian Dawkins was my favourite Eagle, dude was a beast

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Like: Gambling, fantasy, and players like Mahomes, Lawrence, McClaurin, and Garrett Wilson. (Hoping the AFC wins it all this year)

Hate: Cowboys. Also, teams/coaches who stick to shitty QBs and playcalling which always affect my WR/RB situation in fantasy

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Love: ---
Hate: ---
Sry, American football is not a serious sport in my view.
Have fun with the playoffs ;-)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2