Who is your favorite current Canucks player?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
2T8IAcD.jpg

I like the mod :D

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm not telling you what food has to be your favourite, I'm pointing out that you've been served 10 years of 5 star meals for free and are now picking hot dogs and french fries as your favourite food. It points to a real lack of appreciation for the quality of meals you've been served and an unrefined palate.

Are you referring to yourself for when you used to crap on Luongo?

I'm interested in what this team will do going forward. I couldn't care less about the past. The team ultimately was a failure. Was it the best team we've had in franchise history? Yes. Did the team dominate the regular season? Yes. But was it an utter failure in the playoffs? Yes.

Just because the Sedins did this and that doesn't mean everyone should list them as our favourite players. And you calling out people for not listing them as their favourite players is very confusing. It's like saying "I like watermelon. Watermelon is great and is the best fruit out there. You are a bad person for preferring apples over watermelon."

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Are you referring to yourself for when you used to crap on Luongo?

I criticized Luongo when he deserved it and praised him when he deserved that. Just like you with the twins :sarcasm:

I'm interested in what this team will do going forward. I couldn't care less about the past. The team ultimately was a failure. Was it the best team we've had in franchise history? Yes. Did the team dominate the regular season? Yes. But was it an utter failure in the playoffs? Yes.

Exactly my point.

Just because the Sedins did this and that doesn't mean everyone should list them as our favourite players. And you calling out people for not listing them as their favourite players is very confusing. It's like saying "I like watermelon. Watermelon is great and is the best fruit out there. You are a bad person for preferring apples over watermelon."

No, it's like if your entire community had been living off of mainly watermelon for the 10 best years of its miserable existence with a record number of healthy, happy people and yet they voted for apple because they were really red this year.

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I criticized Luongo when he deserved it and praised him when he deserved that. Just like you with the twins :sarcasm:

Exactly my point.

No, it's like if your entire community had been living off of mainly watermelon for the 10 best years of its miserable exiatence with a record number of healthy, happy people and yet they voted for apple because they were really red this year.

And what's wrong with that? Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make it embarrassing. Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because the Sedins are your favourite players doesn't mean they will or should be the favourites of others. Again, what's embarrassing is that you think people should see it this way.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
There are other players that are more talented, less French, and are currently younger and have more upside, but the player I have the most good-will towards for what he has done in the past when the chips were down and this team desperately needed a goal, is Alex Burrows. He proved it time and time again, that he would be the one to step up and provide what was needed when no other Canuck could dig deep enough.

I just love watching him succeed, and he's such a nice guy, on top of it. One of my fave players of all time.

Kinda weird that he's gotten this rep around the league as a 'no good' low class goon, but it is what it is I guess. One guy stuffs his finger in your mouth in a scuffle -- which you bite (as if to say, 'don't put your gross fingers in my mouth') JUST ONCE, and apparently that trumps everything else in a career. *shrugs*

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
There are other players that are more talented, less French, and are currently younger and have more upside, but the player I have the most good-will towards for what he has done in the past when the chips were down and this team desperately needed a goal, is Alex Burrows. He proved it time and time again, that he would be the one to step up and provide what was needed when no other Canuck could dig deep enough.

I just love watching him succeed, and he's such a nice guy, on top of it. One of my fave players of all time.

Kinda weird that he's gotten this rep around the league as a 'no good' low class goon, but it is what it is I guess. One guy stuffs his finger in your mouth in a scuffle -- which you bite (as if to say, 'don't put your gross fingers in my mouth') JUST ONCE, and apparently that trumps everything else in a career. *shrugs*

It's not like that one incident was the entire source of Burrows reputation. :laugh: But then his agitating qualities and success as a league-wide pest are a big part of what got him to the NHL in the first place. It's part of what makes his story so fascinating for a lot of people. It's the old "scoundrel makes good" trope.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
i guess id say Hank as the Canucks havent given me a reason to care about any of these other guys yet.
I like Tanev and Horvat, but, meh ...need more

B/c the Sedin era couldnt get it done ultimately shouldn't diminish the amazing things they accomplished. And looking back on all that I fault the secondary cast (or lack thereof) more than the Sedins (or Luo, even though i was there, watching him **** the bed in game 6 w all those Massh@les)

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
If there is one thing Jim has done it's acquire some real fan favourites...

1) Jake Virtanen - 8 votes
2) Sbisa - 6 votes (hopefully some are ironic...)
3) Nikita Tryamkin - 5 votes
4) Sven Baertschi - 4 votes (expected him to do better, at least better than pizza!)
5) Erik Gudbranson - 3 votes
6) Derek Dorsett - 1 vote (definitely ironic)
7) Emerson Etem - 1 vote
8) Markus Granlund - 1 vote
9) Loui Eriksson - 0 votes
10) Brandon "Steelcut" Sutter - 0 votes
11) Ryan Miller - 0 votes

The "age gap" targets seem to be particularly unpopular. Our 4th line of Etem, Granlund and Dorsett has 3 votes combined (Peen you just had to vote for Dorsett didn't you?), aren't particularly good at hockey, and only cost us a 3rd, 6th, and Shinkaruk to acquire. Too bad Vey isn't still around, I'd be interested to see how many ironic votes he would get.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
If I hadn't decided to waste my vote, I would have legitimately voted for Virtanen. Guy is hilarious.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
It's pretty interesting that the two biggest acquisitions Benning has made (not counting Eriksson since he hasn't even played one game), worth almost 45M, do not have even a protest vote.

Tells a thing or two how dull and boring these guys are. How much of non-favorites these huge investments are. Not dank enough to even meme about. Now that's pathetic.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
This poll is an abomination. It's an open, festering wound that I keep sticking my finger in everyday hoping somehow it won't turn my stomach this time. What a bunch of ingrates.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
It's pretty interesting that the two biggest acquisitions Benning has made (not counting Eriksson since he hasn't even played one game), worth almost 45M, do not have even a protest vote.

Tells a thing or two how dull and boring these guys are. How much of non-favorites these huge investments are. Not dank enough to even meme about. Now that's pathetic.

yea benning cant make people excited for a combined 20 nhl games from sutter.

guy is a monster

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

Pathetic is hf fans sometimes lol it is laughable how negative they get.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Tie between Hutton and Tryamkin. Still love Hansen too.

Although this team seems to make an effort to trade my favorite players, so Sbisa is the real answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad