Who is the scariest contender in the West?

Scariest team to face in the West?

• Total voters

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You do realize that every team cant be weak... Thats like saying all teams in the playoffs are below average.

Also, if all of the west (and it sounds like you have a similar opinion about the east) have "grotesque flaws", how would you describe the teams that didnt make the playoffs?
SJ has a weak defense and goalie.
Vegas has a bunch of stiffs in their D corps, masked by the fact that they have three puck movers complementing them.
Nashville has a garbage power play and a downgraded top 6.
Winnipeg has goalie issues and a weakened top 6 since rental Stastny ain't there.
Dallas lacks scoring depth. Blues lack scoring depth.
Colorado is a one line team.
Calgary is green and plays a prissy game that can be and has been shutdown.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I don't think Vegas is a good as the Sharks make them look. They're just one of those teams that have our number entirely --- the lineup extremely well against us specifically. On paper, I think their D is not amazing, but against us it's turning out fine. I think they beat us in round 1, but don't make it to the finals again.

It isn't just the Sharks, lots of teams have trouble with Vegas. If MAF is healthy I like them as a favorite.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
It isn't just the Sharks, lots of teams have trouble with Vegas. If MAF is healthy I like them as a favorite.
Yeahhh IDK. It seemed like they fell apart pretty quick when Fleury's unsustainable 960 sv% or whatever in the first three rounds dried up. I think another team will steamroll them next round.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Vegas...they look strong as hell and have the KHL's leading scorer (Nikita Gusev) waiting for a chance to get into the lineup, as if they needed more scoring punch at this point.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Easily Vegas...no one seems nearly as consistent....they are dailed in like last year but with more talent....incredible for a second year squad!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Vegas and NOT CLOSE. They have everything you need to win in playoffs.
They look really good, and even if they have an off night, MAF can easily steal games.

If the Avs continue their strong play, they should get past Calgary, and a LV/COL series will be amazing.

I won't even be that pissed off if the Avs lose, LV is playing great hockey.

Reactions: Kreator

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Haha. Good read.

Great bump! That list was said prior to the playoffs. So, it’s not crazy to have Calgary up there with how well they did in the season. The Avs are up a game in the series lol, laughable that everyone is already throwing Calgary under the bus. We’re hella inexperienced in the playoffs, so even if we lose this series we’ll learn from it. The series isn’t over, and I expect this one to go 6/7 games regardless. That was already anticipated.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
None of the above. I know this was a pre-playoff poll, but I would’ve said it then too. I just don’t see any juggernauts in the west.

Vegas-STL is my pick for WCF. I would’ve thought Tampa would’ve made fairly easy work of either, but here we are.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Vegas looks amazing so far against a pretty good Sharks team. Playing with a ton of confidence and impossibly deep at forward playing with a lineup that would take them over the cap. I think they make it to the finals and possibly win it all.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
SJ has a weak defense and goalie.
Vegas has a bunch of stiffs in their D corps, masked by the fact that they have three puck movers complementing them.
Nashville has a garbage power play and a downgraded top 6.
Winnipeg has goalie issues and a weakened top 6 since rental Stastny ain't there.
Dallas lacks scoring depth. Blues lack scoring depth.
Colorado is a one line team.
Calgary is green and plays a prissy game that can be and has been shutdown.
Lol ok buddy, yeah they are all brutal. Two norris trophy winners on San Jose's D core and they have a weak defense. Get a clue.

The answer is Vegas they are going to steam roll to the cup final, most complete team hungriest team and highest character team. Mcphee added elite, character players to an already very good team.

You wont see Stone or Pacioretty shooting the shit between whistles with former teamates or countrymen. In Stones afterhours interview after the deal he talked about the first game playing with Pacioretty and watching him celebrate after they scored, he didnt know whether to punch him or hug him. These are true competitors I dont think there are that many guys that truly want to win and actually hate their opposition.

I am glad the hockey world finally gets to see how good Mark Stone is.

Last edited:

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Lol ok buddy, yeah they are all brutal. Two norris trophy winners on San Jose's D core and they have a weak defense. Get a clue.
Strange comment. San Jose’s D has been a sieve and Jones is the worst goaltender in the league. Karlsson has been in the ice for every goal against except for one iirc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Szechwan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad