Who is the scariest contender in the West?

Scariest team to face in the West?

• Total voters

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
If the Predators play like they played tonight in the 2nd and 3rd periods (albeit against Vancouver), they will be very tough to beat.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nashville, Winnipeg, St. Louis, Calgary, Vegas, or San Jose came out of the West. Can’t wait for the playoffs.

So you’re betting on one of the top 6 in the west to make it to the finals over the two wild card teams. Bold. Very bold.

Reactions: bh53 and Hobble

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think Winnipeg has the best team on paper. They've been sleepwalking a bit but I feel like they can turn it on at any time. There really isn't a team that jumps out though. I could see any one of the non-wild card teams winning the West.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Still think Nashville has the right components in place. They won the West two years ago, and lost in a Game 7 last year against a team who was more-or-less their equal last season (117 points vs. 114; that's the difference of a few shootout results). Have a top-level coach and the best defense corps in the conference. Their biggest bugaboo always seems to be the Sharks; if they avoid them, I think I'd peg them as the favorite against anyone else they face.

Rometiklan

Mar 7, 2009
Blues. Some really good hockey since January, which is a really long stretch of solid hockey. That's much more appealing to me than any team riding a 10 game hot streak heading into the playoffs.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I don't think Vegas is a good as the Sharks make them look. They're just one of those teams that have our number entirely --- the lineup extremely well against us specifically. On paper, I think their D is not amazing, but against us it's turning out fine. I think they beat us in round 1, but don't make it to the finals again.

Reactions: RickyHP

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
As much as I love the confidence from a Flames fan for the Avs, let's remember the Flames are not out of it yet, still a series to be played ;)
true. But this Avs team has all the ingredients (and the best player in the playoffs). They look dynamic. The Flames aren't winning this series. They've never really been in the series. Let's get real here.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
The wretched Capitals look like they at least belong. But yes, the East is also weak.

You do realize that every team cant be weak... Thats like saying all teams in the playoffs are below average.

Also, if all of the west (and it sounds like you have a similar opinion about the east) have "grotesque flaws", how would you describe the teams that didnt make the playoffs?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Going into the playoffs SJ and STL were the two teams that if things clicked I would've been concerned about.

They were two teams that weren't being overly talked about, but if healthy and solid goaltending they could go deep

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
LOL at 125 votes for the Flames.

Its honestly a rock, paper, scissors in the West. Outside of Dallas, I would not be shocked at anyone winning the West. And now with Tampa out, any could realistically win the Cup as well.

Reactions: Guffman

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
LOL at 125 votes for the Flames.

Its honestly a rock, paper, scissors in the West. Outside of Dallas, I would not be shocked at anyone winning the West. And now with Tampa out, any could realistically win the Cup as well.

And DAL is far from done, that series could go the other way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad