Who is the scariest contender in the West?

Scariest team to face in the West?

• Total voters

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
It's already been said, but the Blues haven't played Winnipeg since they were last in the NHL. If you're expecting that team to be the one you play in the playoffs you are sorely mistaken.
Maybe that’s because the Jets helped put them in last place

Reactions: Pongs21

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
None of them can be called scary. Calgary has a decent points lead but I don't even think they win the division if they were in the Central, like look at the bottom of the Western conference, it's 4 pacific teams.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Maybe that’s because the Jets helped put them in last place
LOL no. The Blues were losing to everyone at the beginning of the season. LA, Detroit, Anaheim, etc.

Don’t be too proud of yourself bud. The Blues haven’t been the same team since the start of 2019.

Reactions: Devonator

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
None of them can be called scary. Calgary has a decent points lead but I don't even think they win the division if they were in the Central, like look at the bottom of the Western conference, it's 4 pacific teams.

That's a fair assessment, but Calgary has the same win % against the Central as they do the Pacific (and Atlantic). However they did absolutely feast on the Metro.

Against the central it breaks down as:

Stars 0-2-1
Jets 2-1
Predators: 2-1
Wild: 2-1
Blackhawks: 3-0
Avalanche: 3-0
Blues: 1-2

So aside from the Stars & Blues winning records against everyone else. Not sure we still don't win it.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Vegas relied a ton on MAF in the playoffs last year, and when MAF's game fell off, they were pretty quickly defeated by the Caps. They added an entire scoring line this season, so maybe they won't have to lean on goaltending as much.

St. Louis is playing the best hockey at the moment. And remind me of the Pens in 16. A lot of previous playoff disappointment, star player change of scenery, coaching change and youth movement. Powerful combination there.

SJ earlier this season were impressive. But the Karlsson injury and goaltending issues make them a coin toss at best to go deep this year.

Those would be my top 3 choices.

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
I don't get the flames love. As a Stars fan that's who I wanted in the first round. Vegas is the only team in the west I don't want to play in any round. They seem to just own us. I believe we have a winning record against the other teams except for maybe the Avs.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I thought the same of Winnipeg last year and then the young, inexperience goalie lost it for them. You have that much faith in 31 game Binnington to be the savior?

I have a wait and see attitude with him.
Allen actually has solid playoff numbers. Not really a bad option if it comes to that.

We dont know how Binnington will do till he does it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad