Who is the scariest contender in the West?

Scariest team to face in the West?

• Total voters

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Strange comment. San anise D has been a sieve and Jones is the worst goaltender in the league. Karlsson has been in the ice for every goal against except for one iirc.

I didnt debate the goalie, I dunno if your argument is that now Karlsson is now a bad player? He is injured, making a blanket statement saying they have a bad D core when healthy its easily the best in the league is pretty short sighted. The poster gave no credit to Vegas either, sometimes good players make good plays.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
Great bump! That list was said prior to the playoffs. So, it’s not crazy to have Calgary up there with how well they did in the season. The Avs are up a game in the series lol, laughable that everyone is already throwing Calgary under the bus. We’re hella inexperienced in the playoffs, so even if we lose this series we’ll learn from it. The series isn’t over, and I expect this one to go 6/7 games regardless. That was already anticipated.
I wasn't singling you out just for the Avs/Calgary series. As an Avs fan I am very aware that a win tonight for Calgary ties the series and gives the Flames a ton of momentum. I don't really feel all that great about tonight's game if I'm being honest.

The entire list looks to be upside-down.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
With the Lightning swept, I don't think there's any team in either conference that looks too strong to be dealt with. Low seeds seem to become very scary once underestimated.

The team that appears to be playing the way everyone thought they would -- Vegas. I voted for them because they seem hungry as hell and the talent they loaded up with since last year's run appears to be meeting expectations. If I'm forced to pick a team for the cup, they're it

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think Vegas and Boston are the last 'powerhouses' left. But as we've seen anything can happen in the postseason.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think Vegas and Boston are the last 'powerhouses' left. But as we've seen anything can happen in the postseason.

Boston? I don't know about that, they are not even better than Toronto. Vegas is the only team I feel like Toronto will just clearly lose to if I'm being honest.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Man oh man....what an add....I have to think all those other contenders are kicking themselves for not being more aggressive in getting Stone!

Kinda hilarious looking at those trade deadline threads of people suggesting atrocious low ball offers for Stone. Jets fans were the worst. It's stupid how many people underrated him.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Kinda hilarious looking at those trade deadline threads of people suggesting atrocious low ball offers for Stone. Jets fans were the worst. It's stupid how many people underrated him.
Do you remember what some of those offers were for Stone from Jets fans? I know I saw others from teams that were pathetically low.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Looking at who’s left, I see the Oilers being a threat to all of them if we were in. A few more wins would have got us the wildcard and I think it’s becoming clear we could have ran the table on all of the teams left.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Vegas, no disrespect to the other western teams, but they'll have an easy path to the cup finals again. Martin Jones is sure making the job easy for them. Here hoping that another Metro team crushes their dream again.

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
I think it will come down to Vegas and Nashville. If Rinne plays the way he is capable of playing Nashville can be a tough team to beat, but I agree Vegas looks like they are the team to come out of the West at the moment.

Reactions: Devonator

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Vegas, no disrespect to the other western teams, but they'll have an easy path to the cup finals again. Martin Jones is sure making the job easy for them. Here hoping that another Metro team crushes their dream again.

If Calgary figures things out, I think the Flames can beat them

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Nah Ottawa fans were the worst.

Stone is amazing, said it all along. If he came with a contract Jets fans were willing to pay lots just like Vegas did (in reality we prob don't have the high end prospect to match Brannstrom). Ottawa fans just expected us to give like Roslo, 1st, Vesalainen even if Stone wasn't signed. Most of us had no interest in a deal as a rental and those that did weren't going to offer top prospects and top picks for a rental. That's why Ottawa traded him with a contract agreed upon.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
It's been Vegas all season.
St. Louis being their biggest threat then throw the other teams into a hat and draw from there.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Literally any team other than the sharks and dallas are better than vegas
LOL. But not those MIGHTY Blues who are giving you all kinds of problems.
Dallas has one line and a great goalie.
Nashville is the team that will play the Knights the hardest because they are a lot like them.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Last year Vegas depended on MAF and fluke scoring from Marchessault & Karlson.
Since then they have added Patches, Stastny and Stone without giving up a single important player from their roster. That makes them pretty scary as long as MAF doesn't **** the bed.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
Vegas. They made the Stanley Cup Final last year and then went ahead and bought an entire first line this season.

I'd put Winnipeg at second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad