Who is the most unlikeable owner?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Oh? Your 'research' has produced different results than literally every other person that has looked into this situation? Nenshi is being obtuse, but the city's position as a whole is very sound. Ownership (Murray being the ring leader) have put untenable positions on the table for every step of the east village proposal negotiations- they've poison pilled the thing. When they couldn't get their way they very visibly tried to shape a local election, and failed. Please present any argument that validates your case outside of snide or shadowy references to knowledge you supposedly have? Otherwise I think it's very fair to claim you're being an idiotic troll, with strong potential that you're actually just a shill.

I am not a troll or shill but it is possible that I have different views or values then other people (you and Angelsmith) have when it comes to this.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Either Jacobs or Melnyk.

Jacobs is worse financially as he's the main reason there were lockouts, but Melnyk is a legit turd.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Prolly the scumiest are MLSE because of how they rip off Canadians. Katz is pretty bad too (bought the most expensive house in LA for 120 mill i think after bending over the city of Edmonton for his arena) and flames owners are pretty shit too.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Edwards (and all the Flames owners) are great.

They are in the right in the arena situation. Not a chance he is one of the worst owners.
lol. How is wanting public money to give charity to billionares a good thing? Murrey is a d bag

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
It's not charity.
Yes it is. I guess your one of those people who supports the rich getting richer. If they want public money than city should get a share of the team or the fans should get cheap tickets. I would rather have the money go to stuff that everyone can use for free like bridges and roads etc.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I don't think Geoff Molson is unlikable, but he is damn awful at his job.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yes it is. I guess your one of those people who supports the rich getting richer. If they want public money than city should get a share of the team or the fans should get cheap tickets. I would rather have the money go to stuff that everyone can use for free like bridges and roads etc.

I am in favor of my favorite hockey team staying in the city that is best for me to go watch them in.

If the rich get richer good for them. Better that they get the money after working hard than giving away to some stupid "art" project or museum.

Also there can be money for both the arena and roads.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Most of these guys are just people. As bad as they are they'll all die eventually. The Flyers are by Comcast, a corporation. It will never die

Between high bills, trash customer service, and their stance on net neutrality Comcast will always be first.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I am in favor of my favorite hockey team staying in the city that is best for me to go watch them in.

Everyone is in favour of that. But in no way does it necessitate the tactics displayed by Flames ownership during the process.

If the city's offer actually made it more profitable to move, then they would say that. They would display those numbers and show why it doesn't make sense for them to do that deal. But you'll notice that they've never made any such claim, and that is probably because, at this point, there is no option to move the team that would allow them to make more money. So instead, what we get is bold-faced lies about the nature of the deals on the table, about the interest from the city in negotiating, and about their level of interest in the city's politics.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Hiring all the old Oilers despite them repeatedly showing that they were incompetent boobs, multiple stories (not just one actress) about him being a creep- where theres smoke there's fire, being proud of the total gong show that piece of crap organization he runs is, being from Edmonton, constantly trotting out his son at the draft, the DVD the team sent out, tier 1 fans, banning signs from the rink that weren't pro-Oilers, Sportsnet Oilers coverage with 3 of the most unprofessional people in any line of work (Quinn, Principe, Remenda), the stupid "welcome to Edmonton" bit with McDavid.

You sound like one bitter little troll.

A lot of teams have one kid that comes up with them to announce the pick, not always the owner's son/daughter but it does happen, watch a draft for once.

Oh and your boy Peter Lombardias aint all hot **** either. and your other boy wonder Roger Millions isnt exactly a professional either. Remember the time he said **** s***er on air for sportsnet. Youtube it, I"m not risking posting the video

Reactions: Flameshomer

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You sound like one bitter little troll.

A lot of teams have one kid that comes up with them to announce the pick, not always the owner's son/daughter but it does happen, watch a draft for once.

Oh and your boy Peter Lombardias aint all hot **** either. and your other boy wonder Roger Millions isnt exactly a professional either. Remember the time he said **** s***er on air for sportsnet. Youtube it, I"m not risking posting the video

My boy Loubardias? I think he is terrible at the NHL level and should stick to junior where his passion is and talent level is more suited.

As funny as the clip is I am not sure how you can blame Millions for being told he wasn't on air.

And yes you are right teams bring up different kids usually for a reason other than being the owners son. But that said even though I think it was silly the 1st time I likely would have forgot or ignored it, it is the ridiculousness of bringing him up every year now, especially with how old he is.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
does Baxterman even live in Calgary?

If I was from Calgary I would be very upset at what the ownership is trying to do.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
does Baxterman even live in Calgary?

If I was from Calgary I would be very upset at what the ownership is trying to do.

I do not live in Calgary right now. I grew up there, have most of my immediate and extended family that lives there and have a decent potential to move back there at some point in the future.

I would prefer they built it all privately and throw in a free house for me as well but that is not realistic. They are doing what any business should do and trying to get the best deal they can, I have no issue with that. Consideirng the scum they are dealing with from the city it makes me even more on their side. If the city would have come with a reasonable approach and not one designed to try and get the team to leave the city this would have been done already. But that doesn't get the mayor the media attention he craves or the street cred with his hipster sycophants.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I do not live in Calgary right now. I grew up there, have most of my immediate and extended family that lives there and have a decent potential to move back there at some point in the future.

I would prefer they built it all privately and throw in a free house for me as well but that is not realistic. They are doing what any business should do and trying to get the best deal they can, I have no issue with that. Consideirng the scum they are dealing with from the city it makes me even more on their side. If the city would have come with a reasonable approach and not one designed to try and get the team to leave the city this would have been done already. But that doesn't get the mayor the media attention he craves or the street cred with his hipster sycophants.

This is all exposition on your part. You literally have said nothing that backs up any of your claims, while others have pointed out where you're wrong with examples. Maybe you should look in the mirror before spouting off about sycophants.

Reactions: Anglesmith

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Melnyk outdoing himself with his comments lmao
Please stay in Ottawa forever Eugene. I'm loving it

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Jacobs. Two lockouts....and definitely the last one was lovingly embraced by him. His son's not going to be any better - he has all the charm of HAL from 2000. ("I don't think I can lower cooncessions prices, Dave.")

Not only that, but the Garden was supposed to host 3 fundraisers per year when they moved to the new facility in 2005 in exchange for winning approval to move the building. This was discovered this past summer...by three teenagers trying to get funding for a local hockey rink.

These teens found out something about TD Garden no one realized for 24 years - The Boston Globe

So, basically, Jacobs skipped out on about 35 fundraisers over the past 12 years he was supposed to host simply because "no one asked him to" - basically the moral equivalent of buying a pack of 99 cent Tic Tacs from a gas station with a $10, and accepting $99.01 in change because the cashier thought you gave a $100 bill.

STHs in Boston get practically nothing compared to some other teams - granted, it's because of the smaller size of the arena, and the fairly rabid base that has a faux "sellout streak" since 12/2009. But, as an example, compare Boston's game-day freebies to Chicago, another big hockey market:

Promotions and Giveaways

2017-18 Game Night Giveaways

STH plans are inflexible - other than selling your tickets on their market, they don't offer any kind of flexiblity. There's no exchange where you can give up 2 tickets to one game and get 2 tickets to a similar or lower-tiered game.

Also, he's ripped up the entire area in front of the Garden to build some kind of monstrosity that supposedly involves bowling, a supermarket, and underground parking that will probably be $60 a pop when it's finished. All I know is I have to walk outside in the freezing cold when I used to have direct access from the T right into North Station. That and the Bobby Orr statue got moved.

There's no problem with him spending to the cap - but that's about the only good thing he's done. IMO he's been a little slow on the trigger when it comes to some executive decisions, but that's a jumbo home-cooked meatball for another day.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think a better question is which owner is actually likeable lol

There are more than a few that are likable.

Lemieux/Burkle are hard to hate, unless you just hate them for the team they own, as people, they're actually very good people.
The Sabres ownership - Also good people, impatient with their hiring, but good people that want to make Buffalo a better place and they're not even from that area really.

Ok, now i'm stuck.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I would believe what Edwards and the Flames say as being the truth over some BS presented by the city as "fact."

My source for Nenshi not wanting a team is watching how he acts and what he says. He would rather throw money away on stupid art projects and fancy bridges than make a fair deal to keep the hockey team in Calgary.
Nenshi is a complete lying moron, he loves his $250m library and his 24 new soccer fields. Under his watch not one new hockey arena has been built!

He could care less for a "Canadian" game called hockey.

Did I mention he's not a big fan of Canadian/American style football either?

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad