Who is the most unlikeable owner?

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Inspired by the current events transpiring in Ottawa.

I was just thinking about how much I disliked Eugene Melnyk and this got me thinking about how much I also disliked Daryl Katz (the Edm owner).

Of course Rogers and Bell are also very disgusting but I feel like I only hate them because of the telecom situation, not really because of how they run the Leafs, so I don't really dislike them in this context.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Jeremy Jacobs. This guy the nosferatu of the NHL.

Still boggles my mind he's in the hall of fame. Actually it's disgraceful. Like what has he done for the league?

Wild owner, most canadian team owners except Winnipeg, Jacobs, and Kroenke. Pegula looks incompetant but is likeable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mork

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Inspired by the current events transpiring in Ottawa.

I was just thinking about how much I disliked Eugene Melnyk and this got me thinking about how much I also disliked Daryl Katz (the Edm owner).

Of course Rogers and Bell are also very disgusting but I feel like I only hate them because of the telecom situation, not really because of how they run the Leafs, so I don't really dislike them in this context.

Always thought Katz was a cross between Bono and the Sesame Street bipolar pianist ;)

Bono.jpg
+
=
416x416.jpg

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bill Wirtz when he was alive was one of the worst, I didn't care for the Hawks but what he did to fans that wanted to watch the game on tv in Chicago was moronic. What a tool.

Eugene Melnyk is such a whiner, if he just disappeared and never showed his face, it'd be better for the Sens to have that quiet owner.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Always though Katz was a cross between Bono and the Sesame Street bi-polar pianist ;)

416x416.jpg

When the rumors came up that he was going to buy the team and there was a video of him at a conference or whatever, he had this smug look on his face that I really hated. It was like "I'm gonna move this team one day the second it goes off track"
I loosened up when I found out he was a local guy.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
A better question might be, who are some likeable owners? Katz, Molson, Melnyk all seem like dick heads. Don't follow other teams enough to judge their owners.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A better question might be, who are some likeable owners? Katz, Molson, Melnyk all seem like dick heads. Don't follow other teams enough to judge their owners.

Ilitch was a good guy from what I can remember, always gave back to Detroit in some form, Lemieux/Burkle have done wonders for Pittsburgh in various ways, countless others.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
JACOBS! I may be heavily influenced by a personal experience last year. It put an end to 3 generations of die-hard Bruins support

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Can it be anyone but Melnyk?

Hard to say whether he's a bigger whiner or idiot...there are such great cases for both.

Reactions: TNT87

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
It has to be Melnyk.

The way he runs the organization is awful, and he's super unprofessional whenever he opens his mouth. His constant bashing of Leaf fans and what he says about Penguins players (Crosby being a whiner, the Cooke investigation, stuff after the Crosby slash) are notable examples.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->