Speculation: Who gets traded?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The entire league is literally moving away from what you're suggesting. Grit and size only matter to old school Bruins fans who still think this is the Big Bad Boston Bruins of days gone by. It's not. It's speed and skill that gets you where you need to go. They've got enough grit with whatever pluggers they want to throw in on the 4th line, and Chara/McQuaid/Miller.

It's time to evolve instead of standing still.

He was being sarcastic with that proposal haha

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Already? Damn haha

What do you consider a bust? If he became a 4th line winger? Or just not an NHLer at all.
He'll be 21 in a month and was sent back to juniors after a poor showing in Providence. Back in juniors,he didn't light that on fire either.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
The entire league is literally moving away from what you're suggesting. Grit and size only matter to old school Bruins fans who still think this is the Big Bad Boston Bruins of days gone by. It's not. It's speed and skill that gets you where you need to go. They've got enough grit with whatever pluggers they want to throw in on the 4th line, and Chara/McQuaid/Miller.

It's time to evolve instead of standing still.

Coburn
Mcdonagh
Hedman
Sergachev
Stralman

All 6-2 or taller. Girardi is 6-1.

Vegas d core all 6-1 or taller

Outside of enstrom all jets defense 6-0 or taller (enstrom 5-11)

Capitals have a couple 5-11.

Size on d has proven to be important this playoff

Reactions: bluetib and Strafer

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I think McQuaid gets traded

Yeah this is the the only guy I see moving via trade on the current roster.

And even then I don’t think he does. While he makes too much for a #7... he’s probably the best #7 out there and they don’t really NEED to make salary space this year. Unless they make a splash

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He'll be 21 in a month and was sent back to juniors after a poor showing in Providence. Back in juniors,he didn't light that on fire either.

It was a tough year for him, no doubt- the disappointment of not adapting well to the pro game, returning to junior to a new team. Jesse will be 21 in a month yes, which is younger than some of the rookies that come out of the NCAA, so it's not like he should be written off based on age. He's under contract, so he'll be in Providence this next season and we'll see where it goes from there. Not every young player takes the same development path or has a steady, even, upward trajectory.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I know a lot of people love Krug, but isn’t he their best trade option to get something back? Especially if packaged with a younger guy with some upside?

Finding Dmen is tough, I get that. But Boston’s left side consists of a 41 year old 1st pairing guy who’s wheels could fall off any minute and two undersized pmd. The latter two of which had trouble in their own end during the playoffs.

I don’t have a clue who could be available. But their LD situation should read more like:

New guy
Chara
Grizz

Again, no idea who new guy could be. But finding someone who can play that role would ease up Chara’s minutes and allow Grizz to continue developing vs lesser competition while being cost controlled for some time still.

Reactions: Strafer and Dc422t

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I know a lot of people love Krug, but isn’t he their best trade option to get something back? Especially if packaged with a younger guy with some upside?

Finding Dmen is tough, I get that. But Boston’s left side consists of a 41 year old 1st pairing guy who’s wheels could fall off any minute and two undersized pmd. The latter two of which had trouble in their own end during the playoffs.

I don’t have a clue who could be available. But their LD situation should read more like:

New guy
Chara
Grizz

Again, no idea who new guy could be. But finding someone who can play that role would ease up Chara’s minutes and allow Grizz to continue developing vs lesser competition while being cost controlled for some time still.

I feel like in the rare case that either of Bouchard or Dobson fall out of the top 10, I would want Sweeney to put a package together for the next pick available. I prefer Bouchard, as I am sure almost everyone does. But I assume he doesn't make it past Detroit/Ottawa.

But I would be ok with Don spending a future 1st and one of our better prospects to snag a guy who could be groomed as a 2 way top pairing guy.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I

But I would be ok with Don spending a future 1st and one of our better prospects to snag a guy who could be groomed as a 2 way top pairing guy.

If we are looking for someone to be groomed as that, we probably have the potential in our own org- Zboril, UV are at least two guys who have been talked about that way. Or are you looking at an established player who has yet to hit their prime? Hanifin or someone like that? Then I think we have to include a roster player along with a pick and prospect.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Noone.

Cehlarik, Donato, and Heinen are all good on the right side.

Donato and Heinen likely to center the 3rd line next year unless JFK outplays them at camp.
Very much doubt any one of those center the third line, simply not ready, not good enough at this time. Both Heinen and Donato are viewed as wingers by the Bruins IMO. Kuraly will likely get the job unless he proves he can’t handle it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Coburn
Mcdonagh
Hedman
Sergachev
Stralman

All 6-2 or taller. Girardi is 6-1.

Vegas d core all 6-1 or taller

Outside of enstrom all jets defense 6-0 or taller (enstrom 5-11)

Capitals have a couple 5-11.

Size on d has proven to be important this playoff

The problem with what you're saying is that you mentioned size like it's the only factor here. It's not. Sure, all of the players you mentioned have size, that's true. But they're also incredibly skilled. And that's what invalidates your argument. Size for size sake alone is useless. If you don't have the skill, the game will pass you by. Otherwise, Adam McQuaid would be an incredible player instead of a marginal dman.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Maybe Cehlarik or Bjork if they want to move up in the draft. I'd definitely do Cehlarik but Bjork would be tough before seeing exactly what they have there.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If we are looking for someone to be groomed as that, we probably have the potential in our own org- Zboril, UV are at least two guys who have been talked about that way. Or are you looking at an established player who has yet to hit their prime? Hanifin or someone like that? Then I think we have to include a roster player along with a pick and prospect.

I am looking at more through the draft. Sweeney already said he's looking to get a 1st back. If he can get into the 10-15 range and one of the aforementioned D-men are still available, I hope he goes that direction. I think with Charas decline, D is the position we should be filling up on. Good young Dman are always in demand, and if a few years down the road we need a forward, we'll have no problem finding a trade partner.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I am looking at more through the draft. Sweeney already said he's looking to get a 1st back. If he can get into the 10-15 range and one of the aforementioned D-men are still available, I hope he goes that direction. I think with Charas decline, D is the position we should be filling up on. Good young Dman are always in demand, and if a few years down the road we need a forward, we'll have no problem finding a trade partner.

I'd like us to fill up the RHD position with prospects- we seem short on those. What would we give up to get that 1st back? I know Sweeney indicated he would explore ways to do that possibly, true. I wonder what it would cost and is there anyone in the draft where we would likely fall that would be worth giving up assets over? I am not really up on my draft and prospects (not enough time in a day to get into much of that!).

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I feel like in the rare case that either of Bouchard or Dobson fall out of the top 10, I would want Sweeney to put a package together for the next pick available. I prefer Bouchard, as I am sure almost everyone does. But I assume he doesn't make it past Detroit/Ottawa.

I think they are both righties though. I know that shouldn't really matter but I think CMac and Carlo are penciled in the top 4, rightside for a decade plus.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad