Speculation: Who gets traded?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
what do the bruins do with all these left shot wingers?

Marchand
Debrusk
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Cehlarik

That’s a lot of guys! Our defense can’t clear the zone to save its life. Krugs favorite move is the blind soft slapper off the boards. Can we/should we either trade one or 2 of the spare wings to fill larger holes? LHD,3C, 2Rw? Or maybe trade a Krug for a Brodin type? What to do? I have those wings ranked from highest to lowest value (in my eyes)

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Noone.

Cehlarik, Donato, and Heinen are all good on the right side.

Donato and Heinen likely to center the 3rd line next year unless JFK outplays them at camp.

Reactions: Ladyfan

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
That's the youth core. Shouldn't trade anyone there. D should be fine with healthy Carlo, more experienced Gryz, improved Miller, Chucky Cheeks, and kids pushing for spots.

Reactions: Andrew83

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
You forgot Gabrielle and Fitzgerald.

My guess is that Cehlarik will be part of a deal to have the Bruins back in the first round in the June draft.

Reactions: GloveSave1

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You forgot Gabrielle and Fitzgerald.

My guess is that Cehlarik will be part of a deal to have the Bruins back in the first round in the June draft.

I think something very big would have to go with Cehlarik to get the Bruins back into the first. I'd peg his value in the 3rd - 4th round range right now.

I think Cehlarik is gone. Gabrielle has very limited value, and probably has 2 years in Providence ahead of him now. I'm not on the Fitzy bandwagon. I think he can play in the league, but I am not looking for a soft 4th liner. Maybe he could sneak into 3rd line, but I think the Bruins have a binch of much better players there

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think something very big would have to go with Cehlarik to get the Bruins back into the first. I'd peg his value in the 3rd - 4th round range right now.

I think Cehlarik is gone. Gabrielle has very limited value, and probably has 2 years in Providence ahead of him now. I'm not on the Fitzy bandwagon. I think he can play in the league, but I am not looking for a soft 4th liner. Maybe he could sneak into 3rd line, but I think the Bruins have a binch of much better players there

IDK, there was a rumor recently that the Bruins had a number of teams calling on Cehlarik. Might be more interest than one thinks.

To a team that likes Cehlarik, Boston's 2nd round + Cehlarik might be enough to get them back into the bottom 3rd of the 1st round.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
You can’t honestly tell me you would trade Ryan a Donato for Jay Beagle. That’s one of the worst proposals I’ve seen in a while.

Fine. Donato for Cal Clutterbuck.

Apologies. I'm doing my best Brent Hughes impression. Seeing the same 'trade Krug for a Brodin-type' suggestions every summer is worthy of derision though. Especially when you consider that we already have a 6'5, 21 year-old Brodin-type on Krug's pairing for the next X amount of years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You seen him play?

He’s probably basing it on the fact that he got sent back to junior as an “over-ager” after not being able to nail down a spot in PRO.

It’s definitely concerning, but it’s still too early to label him a bust imo. Not all players develop the same way. Someone (Dom?) said he’s a cocky/confident kid and maybe not being able to dominate like he did in the WHL set him back a bit (mentally).

He’s got a some size and nasty, can shoot, and is a good skater. He fits the speed and physicality mold people have been talking about. When I saw him at camp last year, he didn’t look out of place in any way. I would give it some time and see what happens.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He’s probably basing it on the fact that he got sent back to junior as an “over-ager” after not being able to nail down a spot in PRO.

It’s definitely concerning, but it’s still too early to label him a bust imo. Not all players develop the same way. Someone (Dom?) said he’s a cocky/confident kid and maybe not being able to dominate like he did in the WHL set him back a bit (mentally).

He’s got a some size and nasty, can shoot, and is a good skater. He fits the speed and physicality mold people have been talking about. When I saw him at camp last year, he didn’t look out of place in any way. I would give it some time and see what happens.

He played 4th line for providence mostly, right?

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I think you need to look at upgrading the LHD situation. I know it’s going to be hard to move out a big aging contract like I want, but I think the organization needs to identify the next #2 center this offseason. Whether that is in the system, free agent or via trade. I’m not sure who’s on the market right now for top 6 centers.

If you can package one of these wings for a center with equal potential, I do that.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
i think Krug or Gryz will be traded along with Cehlarik.
So they are going to trade their best offensive options on defense, when it’s clear they need to add. How does this work? Then they have to make two trades?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Krug and McQuaid for Miles Wood, Reilly Walsh and 2019 3rd

Krejci, 2019 1st and Cehlarik for Hanifin

Sign JT91

I was talking to Canes fans yesteday and they basically said they had too many Centers. Staal, Aho, Rask, Necas, Lindholm etc. Adding Krejci didn't really make sense. Now we both know GM's and fans often have different ideas of what their team needs, so maybe Canes GM would be interested. I still think a Krejci+ to Canes for one of their lesser but still good D prospects and one of their centers would be a real strong trade that helps both teams.

They did have a lot of interest in Rask. He'd probably be more valuable to the Canes than most other teams in the NHL. But honestly, we have no one to replace Rask.

Reactions: LouJersey

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Krug for Karl Alzner (grit)
Donato for Jay Beagle (size)

Vastly improved grit and size

The entire league is literally moving away from what you're suggesting. Grit and size only matter to old school Bruins fans who still think this is the Big Bad Boston Bruins of days gone by. It's not. It's speed and skill that gets you where you need to go. They've got enough grit with whatever pluggers they want to throw in on the 4th line, and Chara/McQuaid/Miller.

It's time to evolve instead of standing still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad