Who do you want to face next round?

Who do you want the Canes to face in Round 1?

• Total voters

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Wasn't sure where to post it, but why the heck is our layoff so long between games? Is it a 2020/Covid Playoffs things, or does it just feel ridiculously long because it's the CANES waiting by the pool this time? lol

ETA: Now that the Pens are out, bring on whichever one of Wash/Boston that loses. Essentially we will be playing the most lackadaisical/slow starting of all the round robin teams, and I wonder if they both might even pull back for the final round robin game, so I feel good as I'll ever feel about facing them in round one.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
This from McIndoe of the Athletic, on the subject of how worried fans of particular teams are in terms of their team's place in the world right now:

Carolina Hurricanes
Worry level: Mild

Wait a minute, why aren’t they in the lowest [Worry] tier? They’re the only play-in team that’s booked their spot in the next round. But here’s the thing: They’re in the next round. That means it’s time to stop thinking about the play-in opponent you know you can beat, and start worrying about the next one that’s going to be tougher. Who will it be? Who should you want? Who should you fear? Wait, did they win too fast and now they’ll be rusty for the next round? Oh no, this is only getting worse …

I don't think so. We've already pulled an upset in the play-in series (according to way too many), and we are going into the next series again as the underdog, the position from which Carolina relishes the fight. We've made the playoffs in consecutive years for the first time since I first became a daily fan (and I'm old), and we got a series win in both years (even if it's not technically true this year...yet). Furthermore, *everything* you see coming out of Canesland just oozes confidence; they look relaxed yet focused, loose but intent on the goal.

I ain't worried 'bout nothing. Brown, go down.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
See, the long layoff might worry me in a normal year after the way we beat the Isles and the Bruins beat us last year. But this year? After how we looked after a 4.5 month layoff? Seems silly to worry about. And we'll play a team that has played, but not well and not in high level games.

Doesn't mean we won't have a tough series against a good team. But I'm confident in our team.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Yeah I’m hyped for either series. In an ideal world we wouldn't have to play either of these teams first round but as frequently noted, the East is stacked. Nothing easy here on out.

Would be awesome to see Doogie and the Canes get VENGEANCE against the Bruins or to eliminate the Caps again. I’ll take either one!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Yeah I’m hyped for either series. In an ideal world we wouldn't have to play either of these teams first round but as frequently noted, the East is stacked. Nothing easy here on out.

Would be awesome to see Doogie and the Canes get VENGEANCE against the Bruins or to eliminate the Caps again. I’ll take either one!
Small point of order.

One does not ‘get’ vengeance. Get implies passivity.

ONE TAKES VENGEANCE

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
I personally like tampa. The exhibition match was tight, but I think Canes relentless forecheck and aggression would fare well against tampa more so than vs Washington or Boston. Philly seems pretty scary right now too.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Not gonna lie, YOUR FORM IS ON POINT.
I'm in a vengeful mood. I've lost my job and therefore my health insurance due to this pandemic and the idiots who refused to take it seriously. 160,000+ of my countrymen are dead, too.

The path of vengeance is an easy one for me to walk at the moment.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I'm in a vengeful mood. I've lost my job and therefore my health insurance due to this pandemic and the idiots who refused to take it seriously. 160,000+ of my countrymen are dead, too.

The path of vengeance is an easy one for me to walk at the moment.
Well, then I wish you the strength to TAKE SOME FREAKING VENGEANCE AGAINST THOSE BASTARDS.

Regarding the deaths... They can't be brought be back. But it is crucial that they didn't die in vain and this brutal lesson is learned and prevented in future.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad