Who do you want to face next round?

Who do you want the Canes to face in Round 1?

• Total voters

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Boston.

I want revenge and now that we are basically at full strength I think we are primed do deliver. Plus, they looked like ass against Philly the other night.
In fairness(yep i said it) we looked like poop against Washington in the practice game.

I agree on the pick though. Nothing better to hype up the boys than another revenge tour. And we’ll need a reason to come out strong after resting the longest. It is hard to pick as Philly would be my other choice. Although we don’t have the same motivation with Philly. Washington will be really hyped up to play us and Tampa is Tampa and were flying in their first game.

it isn’t an easy choice either way. I think all 4 of them, Pitts, and us would make runs to the finals in the West. Only one will make it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
At first I was thinking Flyers, why would we want to play the President's Trophy winners who swept us last year?

Then I realized we gotta get past them eventually, and playing them when they've essentially played 3 warmup games might be the best time to catch them.
I mean, we don't have to play them. Toronto could play them and beat them....

tenor.gif

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I mean- I'd really love to see an apocalyptic 7 game struggle with the Caps again and triumph. I feel like it would really cement what should be a hateful rivalry. Think we probably have a better chance against the Flyers tho.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I don't care :) Honestly I didn't think the round robins were going to affect seed. so we can only face 3 or 4

Mathios

May 20, 2017
Boston for me. I think if we can beat them, that gives some great energy so we can have a legit shot at the cup. And if we can't, then the first round matchup doesn't matter (eg. Beat Flyers in R1, lose to Boston/Tampa later). Just get it out of the way sooner, win or lose.
Do NOT want to face Tampa tho, can't forget the regular season game where the refs completely f***ed us against the bolts. Seeing how inconsistent they are this post-season, i don't want to watch every single game already tilted and stressed becaused of the God damn zebras.

Boston>Flyers>Caps>Lightning.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Probably would put Tampa Bay last. We’ll have to be firing at 100% to beat any of the four, but Tampa Bay is the one team in the league possesses Red Wings of 20-30 years ago juggernaut talent, and I would prefer not to be the first team Tampa plays in the playoffs after last year’s sweep.

My vote goes to Philly, if only because they’re the team out of the four with the most question marks around them. The other three are such well defined and consistent beasts, I’d prefer to take our chance with this current and relatively unproven iteration of a Flyers team.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Probably would put Tampa Bay last. We’ll have to be firing at 100% to beat any of the four, but Tampa Bay is the one team in the league possesses Red Wings of 20-30 years ago juggernaut talent, and I would prefer not to be the first team Tampa plays in the playoffs after last year’s sweep.

My vote goes to Philly, if only because they’re the team out of the four with the most question marks around them. The other three are such well defined and consistent beasts, I’d prefer to take our chance with this current and relatively unproven iteration of a Flyers team.

I'd flip-flop these two. Philly is playing great right now and have as much depth of scoring as anyone these days, plus they have some very good checking lines as well. Tampa, while very talented, is playing fine, but not at their peak. Plus, Stammer is nowhere near 100% right now and their best checking line is not nearly as talented as the Flyers. I'd take a Lightning team that is hurting and probably feeling some pressure to get it done now (given their contract issues in the offseason and their recent underachieving history) than a Flyers team clicking and brimming with confidence under their new coach and in front of the 1st goalie in a generation they feel can get it done.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Probably Philly. I’d encourage anyone who is out over their skis about how good the Canes are to just ... temper the expectations. NYR were carried by two players and great goaltending...and weren’t a playoff team.
The encouraging part is, they’re 100% healthy up front and we might see Dougie in the next series.
The “but” part is, they still have Mrazek and Reimer in net (and I LIKE both)...so whoever they play, the other team has the matchup advantage between the pipes.

I do love playoff hockey, tho. This was fun.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Sirius had Boston's pre-game show on today. It had a weird meh vibe to it - i.e. they don't care who they play next week. Sounded like they expect to be in 4th and are planning on resting everyone that they can in their last RR game on Sunday against the Caps.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Sirius had Boston's pre-game show on today. It had a weird meh vibe to it - i.e. they don't care who they play next week. Sounded like they expect to be in 4th and are planning on resting everyone that they can in their last RR game on Sunday against the Caps.
Unless Pitt chokes this away we would get the Caps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad