Speculation: Who do you want in Round 1?

Who do you want in Round 1?

• Islanders

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Florida

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Washington

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Detroit

Votes: 19 27.5%

• Total voters

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I don't care at all who the Bs play in the first round. If any of the teams likely to meet the Bs can take a series to 7 then I'll start to worry. NYI have Sorokin, but no way he can get hot enough to shut down the Bs enough to where the Isles' offense can outscore the Bs over the course of a series. PIT and FLA both have some high-end talent and have been playing well as of late, but I don't think either team has enough to get out of the first round. FLA will enter the playoffs with a subpar coach, so there's that factor as well. Bs are a major matchup problem for any of the possible teams in the first round.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Last year I was like "Give me the Hurricanes!" We all saw how that turned out.

Bottom line for me is no bad teams will be making the playoffs in the East, even the two WC seeds. I don't care what the Bruins did in Oct/Nov/Dec, every match-up come playoff time will be a solid opponent and none to be taken lightly.

Which is a long way of saying I don't care who they play.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
First Caveat: I just want a cup and don't care who we go through to get it

That said, the playoff runs are a little more magical when you go through rivals or other powerful teams. Like 2011 would've been fun regardless of the path but that we knocked out the Habs, Flyers, and Canucks on the way made it a true legendary event. So it just came to me what the ultimate path for the best storyline this year would be:

Round 1 - NYI - Revenge for 2021
Round 2 - Tampa - Revenge for 2020, 2018
ECF - Carolina - Revenge for last year

For the SCF I could go three ways, ranked by my preference

1. Vegas - Beating Bruce would be the ultimate end to a hell of a year
2. Colorado - Knocking off the defending champs is always nice
3. Edmonton - Best team beating the best individual player in the game, also could be revenge for 1988 and 1990

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
One team that could cause a major headache is Canes. If possible, bypass facing them all playoffs.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Had to do a double take that Detroit is even in playoff contention. That is your answer.

I mean, if we are counting long shot playoff teams in this thread, I’ll say Buffalo.

Buffalo has almost no defensive commitment whatsoever on their roster. You don’t win with zero commitment to defense (nevermind bad goaltending) in the playoffs. Ever.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I guess Detroit since people think they are an easy win? I have to be honest, I don't know if it would be good for the Bruins get a softer team to start.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

LOL! Toronto Sports Network at their best…..who ever said we would just smoke everyone in the playoffs??? Nobody. We know anything can happen.

Now if it was TO in frost overall the conversation would be……... ‘Can the Leafs go 16-0 to win the Cup????’

Canadian media hate the Bruins because we keep smoking the Leafs. Fact

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

That said, the playoff runs are a little more magical when you go through rivals or other powerful teams. Like 2011 would've been fun regardless of the path but that we knocked out the Habs, Flyers, and Canucks on the way made it a true legendary event. So it just came to me what the ultimate path for the best storyline this year would be:

3. Edmonton - Best team beating the best individual player in the game, also could be revenge for 1988 and 1990
Only thing you're missing is Seattle coming out of the West. After the two games they played this season, I'd imagine a 7 game series between them to be about eight pounds of crazy in a five pound bag.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I do not think a couple teams on this list are realistic like Sabres .Florida NYI and Shittsburgh are 3 they could face.I pick Shittsburgh they are not as physical as Florida and do not have goaltending NYI has.Add to it, I want to see Crysby face getting eliminated again by Boston.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
It is down to Fla, NYI and Pitt. All three present serious challenges but of the three, I will take the Isles. They have the least talent and are difficult to play against but solvable...Playoffs are much different than the regular season, but the three similar wins against the Isles have given me some confidence.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

You like revenge, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad