Speculation: Who do you want in Round 1?

Who do you want in Round 1?

• Islanders

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Florida

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Washington

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Detroit

Votes: 19 27.5%

• Total voters

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I wasn’t going to vote but then I seen a bunch of teams on the list that won’t make the playoffs so…..

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Red Wings are probably the easiest, but none of them really worry me. Caps could probably pose the toughest challenge if they really get their act together and are healthy - they are still built more for playoff hockey provided they can find ways to slow the game down. But I don't see them as a proper threat.

Really the Bruins have no business losing in the first round. After that it gets much tougher.

Detroit for certain but I think Panthers if they are able to somehow navigate their cap issues and add say Chychrun will not be an easy out.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Sabres lose again last night and they looked cooked.

The Penguins have found a bit of traction.

Feels like it’s down to the Islanders and Panthers for the 2nd WC.
E1B001CE-5627-4FBB-97C6-9054F7D9663A.jpeg

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Stroking scares me on the Islanders looking at his #s against the Bruins. Yes auto-correct.
By the numbers at the time, Brock Nelson would be the biggest Bruins sleeper agent in that last playoff series between the two.

Nelson suddenly deciding to ignore being completely owned by the Bruins and turning into a scoring machine turned out to be somewhat vexing.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
By the numbers at the time, Brock Nelson would be the biggest Bruins sleeper agent in that last playoff series between the two.

Nelson suddenly deciding to ignore being completely owned by the Bruins and turning into a scoring machine turned out to be somewhat vexing.
I like Nelson lol after watching him at the All - Star competition. He just seemed as if he 'was there' and didn't play into the antics. From what I saw at least.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
12 year old me wanted to play the Giants in the LL playoffs. 12 year old me pitched 3 perfect innings, then played first base. In the 5th inning 12 year old me watched a giant launch a grand slam over the right fielders head (yes, should have been caught). 12 year old me lost 5-4.

53 year old me is too smart to list a team I want, because when you do, nothing good can come of it.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
12 year old me wanted to play the Giants in the LL playoffs. 12 year old me pitched 3 perfect innings, then played first base. In the 5th inning 12 year old me watched a giant launch a grand slam over the right fielders head (yes, should have been caught). 12 year old me lost 5-4.

53 year old me is too smart to list a team I want, because when you do, nothing good can come of it.
I didn’t think you were a fabric of the universe kind of guy Lou. You into crystals too?

• Haha
Reactions: LavioletteScores

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I will abstain from voting here because this is a “be careful what you wish for” situation. Each team would pose different types of problems for Boston. I worry about the Islanders because I think that team is not all that different from the one that beat us 2 years ago. I worry about Pittsburgh because of the star power and a floppy Jarry. I worry about Buffalo and Ottawa because they are playing with house money and have both found ways to beat us this season.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I didn’t think you were a fabric of the universe kind of guy Lou. You into crystals too?
hahahha not at all. I'm a child of the most high, but don't think sports matters much in the grand scheme of things, evidenced by my awful football and baseball teams.

I have no preference who they play, I think they roll to the conference finals in ten games or less, then a tough 6-7 gamer and then destroy the west in the cup.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don't 'hope' for any team because you need to be careful what you wish for...but I do prefer to avoid the Isles since they will be a battle no matter if it goes 4 games or 7.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don't 'hope' for any team because you need to be careful what you wish for...but I do prefer to avoid the Isles since they will be a battle no matter if it goes 4 games or 7.
I do hope for teams because my opinion means nothing whatsoever. I prefer to get the Isles in round 1 because they’re not good at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad