Speculation: Who do you think is traded during the off-season?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'd say Jordan Harris, to make room on the blueline for incoming kids. Also, Dvorak could be of interest for any team looking for a short-term plug at C. Overpaid, but only signed for one more season...
Well, apparently this post was a good luck charm - Dvorak scored 2 and Harris got 3 assists in the hours after I posted this...

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Hes going to be 26 playing in a college rink in a constant rebuild with no NHL arena in sight and a possible relocation. The yotes have at least 3 more years until they are good (maybe) and then his contract is up a year after. He already got paid go try and win with an organization who wants to.

I did just notice he has a no trade. He can be sent anywhere which is a problem.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Hes going to be 26 playing in a college rink in a constant rebuild with no NHL arena in sight and a possible relocation. The yotes have at least 3 more years until they are good (maybe) and then his contract is up a year after. He already got paid go try and win with an organization who wants to.

I did just notice he has a no trade. He can be sent anywhere which is a problem.
So from looking at what you posted, you really don't know what's going on with the Coyotes (or AZ politics). I suspect that Keller does know and likes the management and coaches and believes the Coyotes are turning a corner. The auction for land @Desert Ridge has been approved and are now working out the details to finalize the purchase @ the auction. Meurelo has already agreed to the purchase price for the land, no subsidies expected.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Cody Ceci. Possibly Brett Kulak
I think Kulak is a for sure and Ceci only a maybe. Broberg is ready to be full time next year and I think Kulak is at the very least a net neutral valued player considering contract and term. Wouldn’t shock me to see Kulak sent to the Yotes on draft day for a late round pick.

Ceci would require us getting an upgrade on him that also comes with cap relief. I think that’s a taller order

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
So from looking at what you posted, you really don't know what's going on with the Coyotes (or AZ politics). I suspect that Keller does know and likes the management and coaches and believes the Coyotes are turning a corner. The auction for land @Desert Ridge has been approved and are now working out the details to finalize the purchase @ the auction. Meurelo has already agreed to the purchase price for the land, no subsidies expected.
And how many years until they are playing in this arena?

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

I figure they would be ready for the playoffs in 2028.
Coyote players do love the ice and atmosphere @ Mullet.
Seravelli is clueless and pushing a narrative instead of rational thought.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Chicago is in a rebuild phase, with Championships and the best prospect in the world, while Phoenix has been a mess since forever.
So their success is based on winning lotteries? Trivia: the Coyotes have had the most lottery balls that have not won any of the drawings and it's by a wide margin compare to the other teams that have never won.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
So their success is based on winning lotteries? Trivia: the Coyotes have had the most lottery balls that have not won any of the drawings and it's by a wide margin compare to the other teams that have never won.

You win because you have good players and you get good players by drafting them. Also Chicago did not get lot high pick, year after year.

Coyotes are just cursed.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
So in 4 years your talking playoffs. Thats 29-30 years old for Keller and the end of his contract. They have no arena still. They would still have to build it even if approved. If not they could be going to Salt Lake.

If he wants to do anything in his career while in his prime hes got to get out of there. If he likes living in Arizona and no pressure to win then stick it out and collect the money.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I recall Detroit having the worst luck in terms of falling down draft spots, though this is based on data from like 3-4 years ago.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Rich coming ftom a Chicago fan - look in the mirror,
Yea, if we had a 26 year old star that played 9 playoff games in his career playing at Johnnys ice house in a constant rebuild I would say get out of town.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Seth Jones

Gaudreau or Laine, one of them will probably go

Nicklas Backström probably bought out

Jeff Skinner

Pierre-Luc Dubois

Owen Power

Yeah, neither of those guys. Skinner has an NMC, and there are *maybe* 3 teams he’d consider waiving it for. Combine that fact with how hard it is already to move contracts like his, and there’s just no chance in hell it happens. Might get bought out next summer when the numbers make more sense for that, though.

And Power is a recently-drafted 1st overall pick who’s (recently) been playing well on Buffalo’s top pairing with Dahlin and who they just signed to a long-term contract extension last summer. They’re not going to trade him. (The point of the Byram trade was to *add* a top 4 defenseman.)

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You win because you have good players and you get good players by drafting them. Also Chicago did not get lot high pick, year after year.

Coyotes are just cursed.

Chicago has won the lottery 4 times:
2023: 3rd > 1st (Bedard)
2019: 12th > 3rd (Dach)
2007: 5th > 1st (Kane)
1999: 8th > 4th (traded pick to NYR)

Teams that won the lottery since 1995 and/or retained 1OA:
CHI, NJD (x4)
EDM, FLA (x3)
ATL/WPG, LAK, MTL, NYI, NYR, OTT, TBL (x2)
ANA, BOS, BUF, CAR, CBJ, COL, DAL, PHI, PIT, SEA, STL, TOR, WSH (x1)
CGY, DET, MIN, NSH, SJS, VAN, VGK (x0)

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kaizen

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Chicago has won the lottery 4 times:
2023: 3rd > 1st (Bedard)
2019: 12th > 3rd (Dach)
2007: 5th > 1st (Kane)
1999: 8th > 4th (traded pick to NYR)

Teams that won the lottery since 1995 and/or retained 1OA:
CHI, NJD (x4)
EDM, FLA (x3)
ATL/WPG, LAK, MTL, NYI, NYR, OTT, TBL (x2)
ANA, BOS, BUF, CAR, CBJ, COL, DAL, PHI, PIT, SEA, STL, TOR, WSH (x1)
CGY, DET, MIN, NSH, SJS, VAN, VGK (x0)
If your in the lottery a lot you will win it more. Do you know how many times these teams moved down in the lottery? Real question I have no idea.

2004 Chicago lottery missing out on Ovechkin and Malkin for Cam Barker was brutal.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
What a day to fight this fight ha. Maybe he will like Salt Lake?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Hate to say it because hes such a a great dude on and off the ice but i think Boeser might be moved this off-season.

I think the Canucks are going to focus on getting faster this off-season. We know that management already tried to move Boeser last year and i think this time around they will be able to do that as Boeser is coming off a 40+ goal season and his contract will be expiring next year.

I think the Canucks are going to try and rebuild their top 6 and surrouond Miller and Pettersson with wingers that management like. Guentzel will probably be 1st on their wish list.

Could see Boeser for picks trade...or Boeser for a similar aged Dman.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not going to speculate on other teams. But from Calgary, I think Mangiapane is moved. Maybe Markstrom, but only if the deal is worth it. I think Vladar will be bought out in the 2nd buyout period (he won't be healthy for the first one)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad