Speculation: Who do you think is traded during the off-season?

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
That’s a lot of goalies.
Has there ever been that many goalies being traded in a given off season?

Ledge And Dairy

I could see a lot of goalie movement. Markstrom and Ullmark are most likely, Jarry, Merzlikins, and Gibson maybe. Doubtful on Binnington and Husso.

I highly doubt any of Chychrun, Laine, Ristolainen, Kane or the Zona goalies are moved.

I could see Zegras moved but not likely. Only if the price is high enough.

I think there is a very legitimate chance Spurgeon hits the market after his NTC drops to partial. I think Norris and Chabot may get offered up as well. Boqvist seems like a very likely candidate too.

Detroit probably tries to dump cap somewhere or sell Veleno.

I could also see Price's contract getting moved to like San Jose or Chicago

Reactions: Guillermo

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'd say Jordan Harris, to make room on the blueline for incoming kids. Also, Dvorak could be of interest for any team looking for a short-term plug at C. Overpaid, but only signed for one more season...

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I could also see Price's contract getting moved to like San Jose or Chicago
I doubt it... that contract has a lot of real dollars still attached to it, and Montreal doesn't need cap room that badly, and has no contracts to renegotiate, either, so no foreseeable reason to pay assets to get rid of Price (and I doubt SJ or Chicago takes on such a contract for free just to make the cap floor)

Reactions: Fenris

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I f***in hope it's Marner. Locker room cancer

Whoa, what’s your take? Not a Marner fan myself, but I also root for Buffalo so it’s tough to take my critiques seriously.
Jokiharju is most likely gone

Huh? Why?
Reilly Smith can be traded to the surface of Neptune for all I care I just want that guy gone.

Dayum, didn’t even realize he was on the pens now- rough, that’s that fringe top 6er who fell outta the top 6. I’ll eat a Bauer t60 if I’m wrong, but dude is done in.. 3 years at most.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I doubt it... that contract has a lot of real dollars still attached to it, and Montreal doesn't need cap room that badly, and has no contracts to renegotiate, either, so no foreseeable reason to pay assets to get rid of Price (and I doubt SJ or Chicago takes on such a contract for free just to make the cap floor)

Exactly. I believe insurance only pays out 55% of the contract after age 35. Price is still owed 15 million after this season, so I highly doubt any team wants to eat those uninsured dollars just to reach the cap floor.

Reactions: pth2

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Seth Jones

Gaudreau or Laine, one of them will probably go

Nicklas Backström probably bought out

Jeff Skinner

Pierre-Luc Dubois

Owen Power

Ad

Upcoming events