OT: Which threads blow you away? The great jersey debate

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Just make it a circle.

So this made me think of the logo concepts I made last year, and it inspired me to create a full uniform set with them.....

FullRedesign2022a.png

I kind of like this. I am not sure I like it more than what we currently have, or at least what it would be with our current logos, but I could definitely see something like this in use in the NHL.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
So this made me think of the logo concepts I made last year, and it inspired me to create a full uniform set with them.....

View attachment 574642

I kind of like this. I am not sure I like it more than what we currently have, or at least what it would be with our current logos, but I could definitely see something like this in use in the NHL.
I'm pretty sure you've workshopped that logo a time or two and posted it. It just doesn't quite land for me. As a concept, it might not be far off from something that could work really well. But from what I've seen, I'd take the other options we use over this.

I will agree with your concepts on all of these for the captain letters. Pretty insane that they haven't gone to that as it always seemed like an obvious slam dunk. But I'm also still pretty shocked they haven't moved to black full time for the home jersey as the org seems to like that more.

For black pants/helmets, it didn't do anything for me when they did it, but I think it'd be something that I'd get used to over time.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm pretty sure you've workshopped that logo a time or two and posted it. It just doesn't quite land for me. As a concept, it might not be far off from something that could work really well. But from what I've seen, I'd take the other options we use over this.

I will agree with your concepts on all of these for the captain letters. Pretty insane that they haven't gone to that as it always seemed like an obvious slam dunk. But I'm also still pretty shocked they haven't moved to black full time for the home jersey as the org seems to like that more.

For black pants/helmets, it didn't do anything for me when they did it, but I think it'd be something that I'd get used to over time.

A few times. I agree I don't think it's as good as what we already have and I've not yet seen any concept that is. A small tweak to turn the silver outline to black on the hurricane logo is probably all that is needed, really

This concept is a thought process on what we could do if you had to scrap the current set and start over coming from Hartford

Reactions: cptjeff

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I like us black at home, we look really mean. Btw the two squares in my opinion have great potential.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
@Svechhammer I feel dumb that I'm just now noticing the negative space H in your concept ha. I do agree with others that it's just slightly too simple in the current form to work.

What if you kept it as a C but sort of elongated it and gave the outside some of the features of the current swirl?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Somehow turn this into a “C”…

View attachment 574998

I actually have a concept roughly based on this, but I am out of town and will need to post on Sunday. I have posted it before but the logo was panned for being a little awkward.

@Svechhammer I feel dumb that I'm just now noticing the negative space H in your concept ha. I do agree with others that it's just slightly too simple in the current form to work.

What if you kept it as a C but sort of elongated it and gave the outside some of the features of the current swirl?
Elongating would be way too similar to the Habs logo so I'm intentionally staying away from that.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Somehow turn this into a “C”…

View attachment 574998
So at one point I had this....

Canes4.png

I thought it looked a little too thin for my liking so I thickened up the C...

ThickerC.png

Still didn't quite turn out how I was hoping. Maybe turning it red to be more like the NWS logo?

RedC.png

I dunno. Just something about them that doesn't seem to work well. Maybe it could use a little polishing, but I am not sure you can do anything that would be particularly strong as a logo and doesn't come across as clipart.

Reactions: MinJaBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

View attachment 575491

View attachment 575492

Still didn't quite turn out how I was hoping. Maybe turning it red to be more like the NWS logo?

View attachment 575493

I dunno. Just something about them that doesn't seem to work well. Maybe it could use a little polishing, but I am not sure you can do anything that would be particularly strong as a logo and doesn't come across as clipart.
I like both color schemes, with more of a preference for the red one. But the big thing I would change would be the "angle" of the design. It needs to be drawn as if the logo was (and I'm using flying terms as I don't know a better way to describe what I'm looking for) pitched forward (away from the screen plane of flight) and then yawed to the right. This would give it a more 3D appearance vs. the 2D that you've made and also would give the logo a "dynamic" look to it. I'd also like to see it with "fleshier" arms or swirls. All of that would give it more of an elongated appearance going from 2 o'clock to 8 o'clock in appearance.

Reactions: SlavinAway

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I like both color schemes, with more of a preference for the red one. But the big thing I would change would be the "angle" of the design. It needs to be drawn as if the logo was (and I'm using flying terms as I don't know a better way to describe what I'm looking for) pitched forward (away from the screen plane of flight) and then yawed to the right. This would give it a more 3D appearance vs. the 2D that you've made and also would give the logo a "dynamic" look to it. I'd also like to see it with "fleshier" arms or swirls. All of that would give it more of an elongated appearance going from 2 o'clock to 8 o'clock in appearance.

I had thrown these together around that same time....

CanesConcept2.png

As well as this one....

Canes3.png

I feel like these had potential, but couldn't quite figure out a way to get it right (I've been doing all this in MS Paint like a heathen).... You can see a little how I was struggling here:

WorkingModels.png

In case anyone wondered, I eventually preferred the logo with the C closed to create more of a full circle, and used the black outline to create the C. Then, in a nod to the region, I notched out a triangular shape for the RTP. And then, just as a slight emphasis to the H in the white space, I flattened the two sides of the shape to create the ones you see here, which is what I kind of ran with.

Reactions: MinJaBen

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020

View attachment 575491

View attachment 575492

View attachment 575493

I like the design due to its "tribute" to the Whalers logo. Kudos to the designer. I'm old school and appreciate recognizing the team's history in Hartford. Not a fan of the current use of CANES on the white sweaters. Looks terrible.

Reactions: AD Skinner

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020

View attachment 575491

View attachment 575492

View attachment 575493

I like the design. color scheme works and number font looks great. reminds of Pittsburgh steelers number font. Classic. Not sure you need the swirls on the C. the warning flag logos are enough IMO.

Nice job with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad