Which team has been the bigger disappointment? OTT/EDM

Which team has been the bigger let down?

• Ottawa

Votes: 139 49.8%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 140 50.2%

• Total voters

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
When you consider everything that has happened in the off-season etc, which team is the most disappointing thus far?

To me it’s very close. Ottawa is the three-peat off season champions, but Edmonton has the two best powerplay performers of our time.

I’m going to go with Ottawa which after Edmontons start to the season, I didn’t think would be possible.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I didn’t really buy into the off season hype for the Oilers. Goaltending and D is shaky and they lost some depth with the big add being Connor Brown. That said, I expected them to be in a playoff spot instead of fighting for a wildcard. Think they get in but not a serious contender even with McDrai.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
had higher expectations for the oilers but they are starting to turn it around. 7-3-0 in their last 10.

the sens dont seem to be making any progress. 3-7-0 in their last 10.

Reactions: wetcoast

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
Edmonton's still gonna crash and burn if they make the post-season. McDavid and Draisaitl can only carry that misfit band of chucklef***s so far. They're worse than last year.

Ottawa I expected to contend for a playoff spot. Instead, they just suck ass.

And Mcdavid .. SCORES GAME WINNER SERIES WINNER FOR CONOR MCDAVIDDDD.

A season crashing and burning like this one^?

Reactions: Duke74

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
When you consider everything that has happened in the off-season etc, which team is the most disappointing thus far?

To me it’s very close. Ottawa is the three-peat off season champions, but Edmonton has the two best powerplay performers of our time.

I’m going to go with Ottawa which after Edmontons start to the season, I didn’t think would be possible.

I see what you did there....yup definitely #1 on the most hated fan base list.

by the way, Mario Lemieux is the best powerplay performer of our time, a full 41% of his career points are from the powerplay.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Ottawa for now. Maybe with DJ gone they will turn around? But they were suppose to be a playoff team. f*** they have the talent to at least be one.

Oilers are trending up. So hard to bash them now

Reactions: King Karl

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Eh. Oilers definitely looked horrendous to start but it's not surprising that with McDavid and Drai that they're doing better now. Compare that to Ottawa and I just can't make a case that it's the Oilers. Ottawa was really, in my mind, supposed to take that step and it hasn't happened at all.

I guess anything could happen with the rest of the season but I think Edmonton winning more games than Ottawa is likely to be the trend. I obviously would like the opposite to be true but Ottawa just looks lost, man.

Yeah, it's Ottawa for me. Massively disappointing.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Only 2 disappointing teams this year, I’m disappointed, I’m sure there are others.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Ottawa was expected to turn a corner with a decent core and push into playoff team status.

Edmonton has been fairly underwhelming for a couple years now compared to what their fans expect

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton will make the playoffs comfortably.

Ottawa has missed the playoffs 7 straight seasons, drafted high a bunch and gave out long-term contracts to a whole bunch of players and now have like one waiver-exempt player left, they've traded away multiple 1st round picks recently and got fined another for playing games with no trade clauses.. and they have the 4th worst point percentage in the NHL at almost the Christmas break.

OOF.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I missed the good expectations of Ottawa or reputation of another good summer because all I recall was talking about their blunder of a Debrincat situation and adding a couple downtrending vets. I'm unaware od this hype because I guess I didn't see how it ever was fitting. So they're not a disappointment to what I expected them to be still

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
We were told by Ottawa fans that everyone in their top 6 forward group and in their top 3 defensemen group were better than everything the Habs had and somehow their team still suck balls, so I guess I'm voting for them

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t really consider Edmonton a disappointment. They had a terrible start but have righted the ship and have some of the best underlying numbers in the league. It’s just going to take some time for their record to recover.

I keep thinking Ottawa will take a step but they seem to worse than the sun of their parts. I expected them to make a good run at the playoffs but it doesn’t look promising, so definitely the bigger disappointment for me.

Reactions: Steerpike and PuckG

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Ottawa because on paper they’re roster is so much better than they’ve been. The same can be said for the oilers but they’ve also been more unlucky and their goaltending was straight up losing them games early in the year.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I had Edmonton as a wildcard team which is where I think they end up. They are only a disappointment if you bought into the typical off season hype that seems to happen with some Canadian teams.
Ottawa has been a big disappointment.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I see what you did there....yup definitely #1 on the most hated fan base list.

by the way, Mario Lemieux is the best powerplay performer of our time, a full 41% of his career points are from the powerplay.

that name and quote is a good combo :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad