Which is a worse trade: The Sergachev trade or the Subban trade?

Which is the worst trade, the Sergachev trade or the Subban trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
5 out of 8 of Segachev's goals are GWG on the ****ing Lightening... As a 19 year old rookie defensemen from Russia that we traded. LMFAO

They called many haters, saying we acquired the next Guy Lafleur and it's normal to add a pick in case Sergachev doesn't develop quickly enough... Yeah, right...

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I don't think anyone expected this type of season from Sergachev, not MB, certainly not Yzerman or else he would have negotiated something else in rather than a conditional pick.

I think its a surprise to [almost] everyone.
Oh, so now Yzerman is an idiot like MB... Yzerman landed the best defenseman in his draft for a 22 year old French head case.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Oh, so now Yzerman is an idiot like MB... Yzerman landed the best defenseman in his draft for a 22 year old French head case.
If yzerman knew serg was going to be so good, so early, why didn't he ask for a non conditional asset (say a third rd pick) vs a conditional second rd pick that he won't get?

The second pick was yzerman hedging his bets.... Because he wasn't sure.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If yzerman knew serg was going to be so good, so early, why didn't he ask for a non conditional asset (say a third rd pick) vs a conditional second rd pick that he won't get?

Not sure what the "wasn't sure" comes from.....was Bergevin certain that Byron would scored 20 goals last year? Does that diminuish the quality of the acquisition? Thing is..Yzerman asked for him despite the fact that he was desperate to get rid of Drouin, and found the perfect dummy to give him Sergachev. The condition pick was for this year. Who cares if it would have taken Sergachev 2 years? He still could have been the best d prospect of the draft. Yeah, it's more than what Yzerman thought...just like Bergevin didn't expect most of his good moves....even if there are less and less good moves by the day....But just like Bergevin didn't expect to miss Markov so much....or to miss Radulov so much after his great captain told journalists how it was more easy last year 'cause Radulov was there etc.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

What if Yzerman was asking for a 2nd but him and Bergevin agreed on a conditional instead. What if Yzerman knew 1for1 was a good deal for him but he wanted more, which he did with the conditional draft pick.
That's what Bergevin should have done with Subban...Subban for Weber and a conditional draft pick. 1st round if Nash makes it to the cup final, 2nd round pick if Nash makes it to the WCF or something similar.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Good points guys, not saying I disagree. My original point was that no one expected him to be this good, this soon. I at least thought it would have been a short term win given the development curve of defensemen.

Drouin might be performing a lot better with Radulov and Markov in the lineup, which is what people assumed. In that context, it could have been a win.

However, in this context it's a loss from day one.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Drouin might be performing a lot better with Radulov and Markov in the lineup, which is what people assumed. In that context, it could have been a win.

However, in this context it's a loss from day one.

Which is what most of us sensible posters said the day the trade went down, yet as soon as it was mentioned a certain few were quick to defend MB “of course he will follow this up with signing Radulov&Markov! There’s lots of time”, to “Drouin easily replaces Radulovs production anyways” to “Radulov not resigning has no bearing or impact on how we judge the trade, the two have no connection”.

Mmmmmhmmmmmm.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Which is what most of us sensible posters said the day the trade went down, yet as soon as it was mentioned a certain few were quick to defend MB “of course he will follow this up with signing Radulov&Markov! There’s lots of time”, to “Drouin easily replaces Radulovs production anyways” to “Radulov not resigning has no bearing or impact on how we judge the trade, the two have no connection”.

Mmmmmhmmmmmm.

Remember the moronic posts arguing that the summer isn't over in mid-July, that MB had all of August and September to acquire good players?

lol.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Remember the moronic posts arguing that the summer isn't over in mid-July, that MB had all of August and September to acquire good players?

lol.

''so far as I know, Radulov is still under contract with the Montreal Canadiens until July 1st, so I don't see what the worry is.''

gKqNY.gif

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland

www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/news/mark-gandler-ayzerman-skazal-chto-sergachev-eto-to-chto-nuzhno-tampe-chtoby-byt-uspeshnoy-v-blizhayshie-10-let-1269574/

"First of all, I see that his "Tampa" is obviously more appreciated than in "Montreal". Therefore, I am very pleased. And I think that this exchange was made with such a focus that Mikhail immediately played in the first team He is exactly what Tampa needed to be successful in the next 10-15 years. And this I'm broadcasting you the words of Yizerman. Steve knows the players, he understands hockey well" Mark Gandler - Sergachevs agent at 15 june 2017 .
I am was sure that Sergachev is just somebody to get rid of a headache in the form of a problem player but Steve wouldnt stop to surprise me

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Drebin

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No of course not. But it goes along way to saying he will be in the same upper echelon among D.

And you can bet he will CONTINUE to be better that Drouin.
That's very possible.
No it does not.

But watching him play does. I woiuld take him over Drouin all day long.

Actually I would probably take him over everyone on the Canadiens except Price and Weber.
Not sure why you keep talking about Drouin. The poster I responded is comparing him to PK, not Drouin.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
i was for the trade and now it looks ****ing awful. Drouin is not a C. he's a really good complimentary top 6 winger. BUT injury prone. this is going to look FAR worse than gomez deal. Bargain-bin needs to be fired.

I was on board with JD trade at first I knew we lost a good player but were gaining one back.

I didn't think they would be so stupid to make that the only pick up (no resign markov without a worthy replacement and totally f*** up rads resigning) but they did.

The real kicker is they decided to make JD the #1 center.
Had I known that we wouldn't keep rads markov and make JD play center. I wouldn't have supported this trade. It's F**king moronic and it just shows how mtl is run by a bunch of dips**t's who have s**t for brains and would rather further the french agenda/making money over actually icing a competitive team to win the cup.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

He knew he was winning this trade. It’s a second round pick, not a first or top 10 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad