Where's the Eklund thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Good Flying Bird*

Garry Valk said:
I finally get home from work so I can listen to these recordings and it's gone...what gives?

I was wondering if Ek had responded and thought it might be here. I won't give that dude another hit.

mackdogs*

Garry Valk said:
I finally get home from work so I can listen to these recordings and it's gone...what gives?
What are 'these recordings'?

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
mackdogs said:
What are 'these recordings'?

an idea of who the guy is was presented. a Rather compelling opinion [which, if true, makes ek's interview's with himself a riot] was backed up with audio interviews of Ek, and the guy they say he is. A User spliced the two clips together, which if listening to them really leads one to believe they are one in the same.

ill tell ya what even leads me to believe that not only did that thread hit the nail on the head, but was 100% correct. It was a mod who started it. And it lasted for a good 7 pages i believe. Now all of a sudden the mods are explaining off "releasing of personal information." I believe Ek contact HFBoards Staff and brought up all these TOS\FAQ lines to get the thread removed. And instead of waiding threw Ek and his creonies complaining, they just removed the thread.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
X8oD said:
I believe Ek contact HFBoards Staff and brought up all these TOS\FAQ lines to get the thread removed. And instead of waiding threw Ek and his creonies complaining, they just removed the thread.

There has been no contact with him about the matter.

KL*

Buffaloed said:
There has been no contact with him about the matter.

Aww, there you go ruining a great conspiracy theory...

*gasp*

Unless....BUFFALOED is Eklund!

*dun dun dun!!!*

Edit: Joke, obviously. Please don't ban me.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
PecaFan said:
Ok, now the question is who the heck is Kevin Greenstein? :)

Kevin Greenstein is Eklund oh wait you mean WHO is he, he's a nobody talking about hockey, just like Eklund, just like me, Am I Eklund? I'm confused :dunno: :confused: :shakehead

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
RedSoxNation said:
Now the only question of the day......who is Kevin Greenstein and why does he matter :shakehead

Because it shows everyone that all his rumors are BS too. He claimed to be Pelle Eklund who worked for Quebec and has a bunch of well placed sources.

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
The Problem with Eckland

I have a number of major issues with Eckland and Eck getting any time hear. I'll say why:

- he claims to know everyone but no one claims to no him
- he clams to have a gigantic following but never backs up his claims
- I wasn't bothered by how wrong he was when the season ended. I never took him with more then a grain of salt. However I honestly believe he played with people's minds and emotions and no one has the right to do that, let alone during the hockey lockout to hockey fans
- I have no problem if he wants to charge for his service. I agree with those who say they'll never visit his site but all power to him if anyone wants to buy what he's selling. However, given that he's been wrong much more often then he's been right I'd really like to know why anyone would give Eckland a dime
- as many shots that have been taken against mainstream media, Larry Brooks was a VP of an NHL franchise and has been covering the NHL for many years. Al Strachan and Stan Fischler (two other targets of this board) have been around the hockey industry for many years. They don't pretend to be anyone
- rumors, anyone can create anything they want. "We" gave Eckland an audience and "we" should be more cautious who we give time to

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
futurcorerock said:
Ut oh, sounds like the "thread about the locked Eklund thread" is going to be locked

Nah, post all the links and discuss it all you want. :)

He's a public figure. He's worked very hard to become one, so it's fair game.

Our rules pertaining to disclosing private/personal information and libel (i.e. defamation of character) do apply. Posts that do that will be removed, and an abundance of such posts could cause the thread to be closed.

Liquidrage*

I ran the audio of the two tracks through some voice analysis software at work and the results show that there is a 100% chance that the two voices either are or are not the same person.

Old Hickory

Liquidrage said:
I ran the audio of the two tracks through some voice analysis software at work and the results show that there is a 100% chance that the two voices either are or are not the same person.
good work!

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Buffaloed said:
Nah, post all the links and discuss it all you want. :)

He's a public figure. He's worked very hard to become one, so it's fair game.

Our rules pertaining to disclosing private/personal information and libel (i.e. defamation of character) do apply. Posts that do that will be removed, and an abundance of such posts could cause the thread to be closed.
Aha, that's good

When I see the E threads, it always seems like they end in flamewar

What's sad is that we discuss him more than we would Lindsey Lohan or Paris Hilton. :help:

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
RedSoxNation said:
I have a number of major issues with Eckland and Eck getting any time hear. I'll say why:

- he claims to know everyone but no one claims to no him
- he clams to have a gigantic following but never backs up his claims
- I wasn't bothered by how wrong he was when the season ended. I never took him with more then a grain of salt. However I honestly believe he played with people's minds and emotions and no one has the right to do that, let alone during the hockey lockout to hockey fans
- I have no problem if he wants to charge for his service. I agree with those who say they'll never visit his site but all power to him if anyone wants to buy what he's selling. However, given that he's been wrong much more often then he's been right I'd really like to know why anyone would give Eckland a dime
- as many shots that have been taken against mainstream media, Larry Brooks was a VP of an NHL franchise and has been covering the NHL for many years. Al Strachan and Stan Fischler (two other targets of this board) have been around the hockey industry for many years. They don't pretend to be anyone
- rumors, anyone can create anything they want. "We" gave Eckland an audience and "we" should be more cautious who we give time to

But he does admit that they are only rumors.
I think most of what he says is crap, but I do beleive that he has actual sources because on acouple things he was the first to break them out, although he may make up some of what he says.
But it never says on his site that what he's saying is true, only rumors

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Liquidrage said:

100% chance??? Wow?? My doctor told me that there's a 100% chance my wife's pending delivery either is or is not a boy. :D :D :jump: Our doctor must use the same chrystal ball/software!!! :)

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/2005_04_01_hockeyrumors_archive.html

Kevin Greenstein (Eklund) on Kevin Greenstein (Eklund):

Today's guest is the man I call respectfully, "The Hockey Scientist." Kevin is the founder of the best, IMO, hockey website on the internet...www.insidehockey.com...I have given him this nickname because he is the man who has thought the sport out more logically and precisely above all of us in the media. He also brings an interesting viewpoint because he works for himself and has to answer to no one. As a self made hockey man, this lockout, and the lack of the sport being played affects him more than any of the other Media in this series. Enjoy this interview, and bookmark his website...Even with the lack of hockey out there he has something for everyone...He deserves to be very succesful

--------------------

Priceless... isn't it?

Lexicon Devil

Apr 21, 2002
So, let's get this straight. The mods deliberate in private and reach the decision to 'out' Eklund. Then they suddenly change their minds within 12 hours, deciding that it was the wrong thing to do, and deleting their thread as if it never happened?

Way to go mods.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
I think it's pretty obvious that Kevin Greenstein used the same IP address as Eklund did on this site. The mods obviously can't say it outright for privacy purposes, but I'd put more stock in that being true than any of Eklund's "rumors".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad