Where's the Eklund thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
Chileiceman said:
but I do beleive that he has actual sources because on a couple things he was the first to break them out, although he may make up some of what he says.
anyone who posts hundreds of rumors no matter how farfetched is bound to be right one every 100 guesses he makes....anyone its called the law of averages

ResidentAlien*

Hedberg16 said:
Is it anyone you had ever heard of before you ever say hockeyrumors.blogspot.com?
Nope, just "would-be journalist" involved with others of the same wrting "articles" on their own little east coast based fan site

ResidentAlien*

Buffaloed said:
Well as long as we're letting just about anything go in this thread, you might want to look at this and check his batting average:
[url="http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/dubi/2005/02/idle_rumors_are.html"]http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/dubi/2005/02/idle_rumors_are.html[/url]
I tell you what, you want to go on a snoop, get your sherlock hat and pipe call Watson, and backtrack this snippet from the above link that Buffaloed posted:
The inside source reports that "Eklund" who actually goes by the name Trevor Whitley is no more than a postal room worker for The Hockey News.
"Trevor is a good kid, he has good intentions and probably never meant for this to grow to this extent, but what he doesn't realize is that his shenanigans are effecting a lot of young hockey fans who are buying into his lies" said the unnamed source. "What makes it worse is that now it has apparently spread to legitimate news sources"

Federal investigators have been contacted about the allegations; however they fear that not much can be done. "The web is a completely free source of information" said Doug Janney, Director of Internet Investigations. "It's unfortunate when you have someone twisting the truth in this manner, but unfortunately, that is their God given right. If people choose to believe the rumors, that's completely on them."

Find the source of that (if you can) and you will be closer to your quest..lol

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
I think most people realize that Eklund is Kevin Greenstein or someone just like him...

If HF can find out who is Bob McKenzie, then I'd be impressed...

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
ranold26 said:
Articles are proofread and subjected to review before publishing. Blogs are on the fly comments and proofread, if any at all, very little.
Just to be clear, all the samples were articles from insidehockey.com, including Eklund's.

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
Boltsfan2029 said:
I'm still trying to find out which "legitimate" media outfit is "hosting" (or whatever the term is) him... No one knows?
Now all power to those who run this forum. I've lurked here a long time and don't post often. The admin guys are the ones who have opened their door to Eckland and again they mine the store.....so all power to them. I'd love to hear exactly who and where Eckland's site is being hosted. Is it an unfair quesiton, I don't know this site well enough, but since they (the admin dudes) opened the door to a rumor dude (Eckland) its a fair question, just what or who made you decide to give Eckland the keys to the palace

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Buffaloed said:
Kevin isn't a member of our site. There's no IP's to compare.

http://www.hfboards.com/member.php?u=19132

But anyway, I do agree that the other thread made it sound like you guys had an official position and it was stated several times that you had evidence that you weren't allowed to reveal. To be honest, it really isn't a huge deal in my eyes, it's not like I have any doubt that Eklund is a fruad.

ResidentAlien*

CalgaryThrasher said:
If anyone in the hockey world saw this thread they'd laugh their ass off at HF as a whole... Just take the high road HF and let the guy be... He's harmless.
:biglaugh:
So very very true.
But didnt you know?? HF members are the smartest most enlightened people there are..you must be new:sarcasm:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Boltsfan2029 said:
I'm still trying to find out which "legitimate" media outfit is "hosting" (or whatever the term is) him... No one knows?

I can reveal that without compomising privacy. The offer came from Kevin Greenstein of insidehockey.com.

ResidentAlien*

CalgaryThrasher said:
Actually, i've been here since 2003 as a registered member. :teach:
no way really..I couldnt tell, it doesnt say that on your avatar or anything..silly me

edit- oops..your from alta..sorry

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Buffaloed said:
I can reveal that without compomising privacy. The offer came from Kevin Greenstein of insidehockey.com.

Haha. Not only does he interview himself, he offers himself a job on his own website. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
Shane said:
Haha. Not only does he interview himself, he offers himself jobs on his own website. :biglaugh:

I guess it makes sense now.

Btw I have no problem with someone posting rumors and stating that they are rumors and then even charging for them. He has no accountability as far as the rumors themselves go.

But if he blatantly lies about his background, connections, etc. to set up a false level of "insider" scope, I think that's fraud. He is misrepresenting the quality of his 'information.' If I were a subscriber, I'd ask for money back if his background turned out to be as flimsy as his rumors.

H.

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
hockeymistress said:
But if he blatantly lies about his background, connections, etc. to set up a false level of "insider" scope, I think that's fraud. He is misrepresenting the quality of his 'information.' If I were a subscriber, I'd ask for money back if his background turned out to be as flimsy as his rumors.

H.

You could not have said it better. Eckland is a fraud

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
CalgaryThrasher said:
If anyone in the hockey world saw this thread they'd laugh their ass off at HF as a whole... Just take the high road HF and let the guy be... He's harmless.
Harmless in a fraudulent sort of way. He'll take your money and give nothing in return but false everything. False background, false connections and a mountain of ******** rumors to boot. I cannot believe people would actually buy this garbage but there seem to be people out there that thought this guy was hiding under the table at every meeting and reporting every snippet on his blog.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Montrealer said:
PROOF! PROOF!

I Image-searched on Google "Eklund Greenstein"...

PROOOOOOOOF!

:sarcasm:

Don't really care about 'ek' or anything about his blog, lackthereof.

However, never heard of insidehockey.com before. Looking at the bios, looks to me that it's a bunch of musicians and former interns (not employees of those companies) that are trying to be an online hockey publication.

And I have never heard of the New York Sun paper.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Someone also posted a strong denial (aparantly from the Philly team site he was posting on before) that he was Kevin Greenstein.

I still think it's bs, they sound way too similar. I need to hear a longer recording though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->