Where's the Eklund thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 27, 2005
Fish on The Sand said:
how did you get the flesch-kincaid ratings?

Go into Word. Then Help. Then Index and type Flesch.

Follow the instructions. When you complete a spell/grammar check the results are displayed.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
666 said:
Go into Word. Then Help. Then Index and type Flesch.

Follow the instructions. When you complete a spell/grammar check the results are displayed.
I put in my essay from university in and it didn't work correctly. It would only do it on 12 or so words and give back 0's for everything. 0% passive voice, 0 words/sentence etc.

hockey_nut

Mar 19, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Liquidrage said:
I ran the audio of the two tracks through some voice analysis software at work and the results show that there is a 100% chance that the two voices either are or are not the same person.

you work with CSI? cuz that's cool! hehe :D

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Come on people, there is a simple solution to this problem. We kidnap Kevin, and if the blog stops...or changes style, we've got our Ek. Unless he is now going to claim to be Nostradamus on us and say he writes his articles in advance because he has a gift.

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
I can understand why the Ek-Heads circle around their cult leader whenever someone tries to provide a needle for his balloon. Because most of them are like this poster from the official Eklund message board on his HF-endorsed blog:

Since Ek isnt "taking" anyones money at all, using you words, more power to him. BTW How can a rumor be false?

Yes, indeed, how can a rumor be false? Rumors never slander anyone, or confuse negotiations, or cloud the public discourse for nefarious purposes. Rumors are fun! Tra-la-la! (Especially when you pay $10 a pop for them.)

The bottom line for me on this whole identity thing is that I doubt Eklund is Kevin What's-His-Face. Someone who knows who this Eklund is was pretty clear about him not being Kevin; and while I take anything about this guy's backstory with a truck's worth of salt, I tend to think it's not him.

That being said, let's not forget what's at stake here, which is the Eklund Cottage Industry. The mystery is part of the appeal -- "Primary Colors" sold a hell of a lot more copies when "Anonymous" wrote it than when it was revealed Joe Klein did.

If and when his identity comes out, so do his history and credentials. He's already been revealed as a serial liar, telling different sources a different backstory and trying to hype relationships with members of the media he does not have. But with a name comes a Google search, a fact check, a review of previous work. With a name comes the same kind of scrutiny that every other journalist in every other media outlet has to endure. It's the kind of scrutiny Eklund has already shown he can't handle -- say, where DID those archives go?

In the end, the Eklund blog has taken a major hit in the last two months. The original information has slowed to a trickle, as I've seen more content from Stan Fischler and Larry Brooks on his blog than I've seen from his army of "sources." The blog used to be a fun read (when you could read past the third-grade grammatical mistakes). Now it's stale, repetitive, and -- worst of all -- irrelevant, especially after the CBA is signed.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Lol

On Eklunds site, Does anyone else crack up uncontrollably like me everytime they see this one?

READY TO TALK FREE AGENT RUMORS??? You can have them in your inbox STILL for only $10, and you will get private chats and other perks! Join now and you will recieve huge bonuses when the new website launches in September...We accept Credit Cards or Paypal and membership starts instantly. If you aren't happy with this service after three days I will refund your money. Thanks for your support of the blog! Click on the "Buy Now" button above."

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Balej's Dance said:
On Eklunds site, Does anyone else crack up uncontrollably like me everytime they see this one?

The only thing more pathetic than that is that people will probably actually pay to get absurd trade rumours from Eklund that are no more likely to be true than the garbage you will find for free on Leafs Lunch, Team 1040, The Fourth Period, and so on.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
What puzzles me is his $10 service which lists no timeframe. Like if it was $10 a year, I would consider it a tiny tiny bit more legitate than the $10 lifetime fee.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
ScottyBowman said:
What puzzles me is his $10 service which lists no timeframe. Like if it was $10 a year, I would consider it a tiny tiny bit more legitate than the $10 lifetime fee.

It's $10 a minute.

Wait, wait, wait.. I'm confusing Eklund with 1-900-SEXLAND

Sorry.

Roy G Biv*

Montrealer said:
It's $10 a minute.

Wait, wait, wait.. I'm confusing Eklund with 1-900-SEXLAND

Sorry.

"When I woke up I listened to the hilarious comparison between Kevin Greenstein and my voice on HF Boards, and started my calls around 7:30am. "

bahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad