Where is Kawhi Leonard going to end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I don't know what's going on with KL and my Spurs but I don't see how he stays on our team past the draft. Apparently, he's pissed off at our medical crew and his uncle has been badmouthing the organisation since day #1. We had veterans like Tony Parker go public about the situation and it just seems as if there's no way back.

With that said, who would be possible fits and what would the return look like? I can see Boston and Philly going hard after him and they have several assets they can move to make it work.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Does Boston really need him though? They got a lot of players that play the same position that are really good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kawhi was in town with the Sixers doctors. I'm sure there is as much to that story as when LeBron was in town looking at schools on the main line.

Although I do think the Sixers are going to make a big move here.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Kawhi would be an amazing fit on the Sixers but I’m not sure they would be willing to give up what it would cost.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Boston doesn't have the cap space. Horford, Hayward & Kyrie are all already making top salaries.

Philly could but I highly doubt they will give up serious assets for a guy who will be a free agent next summer.

Lakers is my guess if they don't land two stars in free agency. if they can get him to sign his max w/ the Spurs, I'm positive they'd move Ingram for him. Would be a good deal for the Spurs, providing he has no intentions of staying.

But people need to remember that Duncan was pretty much out the door in 2000. (to Orlando) & Pop convinced him to stick around. Kawhi is arguably at the same point in his career, already won a ring, finals MVP, top player in the league. Pop is staying until at least 2020/2021.

Kawhi was in town with the Sixers doctors. I'm sure there is as much to that story as when LeBron was in town looking at schools on the main line.

Although I do think the Sixers are going to make a big move here.

That was proven to be wrong.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
My selfish hope is the Lakers, but I think Philadelphia will make a major run for him. I don't think they'd hesitate to give up Fultz in a package if they can land Kawhi, with more of course going to San Antonio along with him.

I've been of the opinion since they drafted him that the 76ers made the Fultz selection in order to use him as a major trade asset. It never made any sense to me drafting a ball dominant point guard when you have Ben Simmons already on your team.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
My selfish hope is the Lakers, but I think Philadelphia will make a major run for him. I don't think they'd hesitate to give up Fultz in a package if they can land Kawhi, with more of course going to San Antonio along with him.

I've been of the opinion since they drafted him that the 76ers made the Fultz selection in order to use him as a major trade asset. It never made any sense to me drafting a ball dominant point guard when you have Ben Simmons already on your team.

Simmons hadn’t played a game and never played point guard before. So there was no guarantee that it would work. It wasn’t clear whether he would be a point guard or a point forward. Fultz was an excellent shooter and had shown that he could play off the ball, so he looked like the perfect fit. And he still may be. But I agree, he could be a player the Sixers might be willing to part with for Kawhi. But the Sixers would have to be sure that he would be signed long term.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I would love it if the Lakers signed him next year in free agency, but I wouldn't want to put together a big package in a trade for him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Fultz wont get them Leonard.

lakers trading one of their young pieces for kawhi would be really dumb

Kawhi is eligible for a 5 year, $219 million super max. If he commits to a sign & trade, why not? He wants to play in his hometown so I'm sure he'd for go for it.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
As much as I would love Kawhi on the Celtics Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Smart etc. The 2 and 3 spots aren't a big need.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Would you trade leonard for wiggins if you were the spurs? Jimmy butler+ kawhi on the same team would be cool. Wiggins would be the #1 (#2 behind aldridge maybe?) Scorinf option.
Kawhi is probably worth a lot more but idk .Just throwing stuff to a wall ykno .

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Would you trade leonard for wiggins if you were the spurs? Jimmy butler+ kawhi on the same team would be cool. Wiggins would be the #1 (#2 behind aldridge maybe?) Scorinf option.
Kawhi is probably worth a lot more but idk .Just throwing stuff to a wall ykno .

If he wants out and that's the best deal they can get, Pop could possibly help Wiggins become a better defensive player.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Wiggins isn’t that good, and he doesn’t have that type of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad