Where is Kawhi Leonard going to end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He's averaged 58 games per season over his 7 year career and is coming off a year in which he played just 9 games

If I'm the Spurs, I wouldn't be offering 219 million, I'd be looking to trade him!

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I think he either resigns with Spurs or plays with Lebron next year. Possibilities:

Cavs somehow trade for him using #8, Zizic (Spurs could see him as crucial part of deal) and trade Love to 3rd team for another rasset

Lebron goes to one of the LA teams who trade for Kawhi, both of them have assets (Clippers have two lottery picks)

Suns trade #1 for Kawhi and sign Lebron - Lebron, Kawhi, Booker big 3

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think he either resigns with Spurs or plays with Lebron next year. Possibilities:

Cavs somehow trade for him using #8, Zizic (Spurs could see him as crucial part of deal) and trade Love to 3rd team for another rasset

Lebron goes to one of the LA teams who trade for Kawhi, both of them have assets (Clippers have two lottery picks)

Suns trade #1 for Kawhi and sign Lebron - Lebron, Kawhi, Booker big 3

I can't see LeBron risking his yearly trip to the Finals by signing with a Western Conference team

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know if LeBron will stay east anymore. Given how good the Celtics are going to be, and how the 76ers are rising very quickly, LeBron might think it's in his best interest to join a team in the West like Houston, or form an entirely new superteam elsewhere. I doubt he signs with the Clippers though. If LeBron ever signs with an L.A. based team, it'll be the Lakers.

Would be very intriguing to see LeBron and Kawhi on the same team, though.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I don't know if LeBron will stay east anymore. Given how good the Celtics are going to be, and how the 76ers are rising very quickly, LeBron might think it's in his best interest to join a team in the West like Houston, or form an entirely new superteam elsewhere. I doubt he signs with the Clippers though. If LeBron ever signs with an L.A. based team, it'll be the Lakers.

Would be very intriguing to see LeBron and Kawhi on the same team, though.

he could sign with the 76ers. only team that probably has a chance to sign him in the east (save for the long-shot he re-signs with CLE), unless something unexpected happens like magic pull off a series of moves and get one of the kawhi/george or someone like that to join them.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Very casual Bulls fan here. Is there any chance LeBron and Kawhi could go to the Bulls? Pretty sure they have cap space galore.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He's averaged 58 games per season over his 7 year career and is coming off a year in which he played just 9 games

If I'm the Spurs, I wouldn't be offering 219 million, I'd be looking to trade him!

Yea lets trade one of the ten best players in the league who was MVP runner up and DPOY his last two full seasons.

PS he played 72 & 74 games in 2016 & 2017.

I can't see LeBron risking his yearly trip to the Finals by signing with a Western Conference team

Legacy wise it would be better for him to leave the Least.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Boston will offer the best package and get him, IMO. I think LA offering Ingram is the only thing that could beat a potential Celtics package.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lakers offer would likely be centered around kuzma+ingram

but even then, boston would still offer a more attractive deal i'd say

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
With all the drama surrounding KL this year, I hope we just move him to the team that will give us the best package.

Boston would be ideal since they have so many assets and he'd be playing in the East.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He doesn't have an NTC interestingly enough.

LeBron and Melo are the only NBA players with one IIRC. They aren't that common, mainly because the star playrs know its really hard for them to be traded.

If the Celtics want Leonard its probably going to cost Brown for sure, but if Leonard agrees to re-sign with them, then say goodbye to Tatum.

Mind you I saw one proposal of Kyrie + picks/young players for Kawhi. From Ainges perspective they nearly made the finals without Kyrie, he's in his mid 20's with two somewhat serious knee surgeries already and he's clearly inferior to Leonard when they're at their best.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Celtics would be stupid to trade for Leonard. He's apparently telling teams, or at least going to start telling teams, that he's signing in Los Angeles summer one way or another.

If you can get him on the cheap for a one-year run at the title, by all means but I don't think San Antonio is giving him up easily.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The Celtics would be stupid to trade for Leonard. He's apparently telling teams, or at least going to start telling teams, that he's signing in Los Angeles summer one way or another.

If you can get him on the cheap for a one-year run at the title, by all means but I don't think San Antonio is giving him up easily.

there's no way he leaves boston after one season if he gets traded there

that team is already a title contender and his presence there would put them over the top. the only way i would believe he'd sign with LA regardless after next season is if he actually comes out and says so

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Apparently this dude is avoiding Pop who travelled across country to try and sit down with him. Not having a NTC, wood be funny if they shipped his ass to Charlotte or some shit.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
there's no way he leaves boston after one season if he gets traded there

that team is already a title contender and his presence there would put them over the top. the only way i would believe he'd sign with LA regardless after next season is if he actually comes out and says so
Well he could've named Boston (as well as other title contenders) as a preferred destination but instead chose LA. And the fact that he'd consider the Clippers, not just the Lakers, tells me this is not exactly a basketball decision but more about where he wants to live and do business.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Well he could've named Boston (as well as other title contenders) as a preferred destination but instead chose LA. And the fact that he'd consider the Clippers, not just the Lakers, tells me this is not exactly a basketball decision but more about where he wants to live and do business.

his camp (specifically his uncle) named LA as his preferred destination

this didn't come out of kawhi's mouth

Reactions: Voight

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Spurs shutting out any Lakers offers.

This is a difficult spot. Is there a team willing to give up a lot for a one-year rental? Will the Clippers be able to muster up enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad