Where is Kawhi Leonard going to end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm just not sold on Ingram ever getting to that all star level. Still very, very early, but I haven't liked him as a player since before he was selected

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm just not sold on Ingram ever getting to that all star level. Still very, very early, but I haven't liked him as a player since before he was selected

Still only 20 years old and showed quite a bit of improvement just in one year. I don't know about him being a superstar and the pre-draft Durant comparisons did him no favours but I could see him becoming an all-star.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
And I'm not sure what to believe anymore as far as what KL wants. There have been conflicting reports he'd rather join the Clippers now than be second fiddle to LeBron. There are reports saying the opposite. Also I thought Kawhi spoke to LeBron last week about teaming up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Where's the guy that said the Spurs will just wait until they get exactly what they want from the Lakers? Lol.

The Lakers aren't offering much in all likelihood, and are more than content to allow Kawhi to walk to them next summer if that's what it takes.

The Spurs have to make a decision here. It likely involves tail tucking between the legs and just accepting the best offer from whatever team offers it. Kawhi isn't coming back, the Lakers aren't giving you their entire team minus LeBron, and nobody else believes they can re-sign him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
team USA camp coming up

leonard is on the team and pop is the HC. lols. i think the spurs are holding out until then for a last-ditch effort to see if maybe the relationship between kawhi and the spurs can be fixed before dealing him

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
And I'm not sure what to believe anymore as far as what KL wants. There have been conflicting reports he'd rather join the Clippers now than be second fiddle to LeBron. There are reports saying the opposite. Also I thought Kawhi spoke to LeBron last week about teaming up.

Kawhi doesn't care what team he plays for as long as its located in LA. It doesn't matter if its the sad sack Clippers or the immortal Lakers - as long as he can play and live there all year round. Has 0 to do with playing 2nd fiddle to LeBron (which wouldn't be bad as Magics plan doesn't have James always running the offence and being Mr Everything).

Any player would prefer playing for the Lakers but he'll be happy as long as he can hang out on Rodeo Dr.

He probably did speak to LeBron but during LBJ and Magics meeting he said he was committing to 4 years because he knows it will be a process. He doesn't want them to be like the Cavs and gut the entire roster to suit him, he'd rather they keep some of their depth, picks and young guys to help him out now that hes getting older.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Windhorst says the Raptors are in the driver's seat for Kawhi. He also believes the Lakers and Sixers aren't in the mix as things stand right now.

They didn't really get into the return but Lowe threw out DeRozan, Siakam, and picks. Windhorst said Anunoby would need to be in any deal.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Just how good is OG Anunoby going to be? I like him, but I was listening on radio this morning and Brenden Haywood was saying he would not want to part with him in a deal for Kawhi. Now, if that's for Kawhi as a rental, I get that. But if you can get Kawhi to re-sign... that's an easy, easy trade to make, no?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
From what I've read probably a Raptor this year and then will go to LA next year as a UFA. I hope he is at least healthy if Raps trade for him him this year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just how good is OG Anunoby going to be? I like him, but I was listening on radio this morning and Brenden Haywood was saying he would not want to part with him in a deal for Kawhi. Now, if that's for Kawhi as a rental, I get that. But if you can get Kawhi to re-sign... that's an easy, easy trade to make, no?

I think Anunoby's going to be good. He looked like a top 10 prospect before tearing his ACL and we probably haven't seen him at full strength yet. I'm not sure if he's going to be the best or second best player on a good team though. The problem is I don't think you're getting any guarantees from Kawhi so you'd be rolling the dice with the most likely result being him walking after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad