Where does Albert Pujols rank among all-time greats?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Fundamentally I don't know why I'd care wat his age is anyway. It doesn't change his numbers.

Reactions: Crow

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
He's still showing up and playing.

The Angels thought they were signing a 32 year old player to a 9 year deal... if it turns out he was actually 35 or 36 at the time of the deal, the Angels didn't get what they were contractually owed...

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Angels thought they were signing a 32 year old player to a 9 year deal... if it turns out he was actually 35 or 36 at the time of the deal, the Angels didn't get what they were contractually owed...
Well I'm sure the money he's helped them make off of merch and his name is enough to curb the Angels from tarnishing both Pujols' and their names with a baseless hunt for his 'real' age.

Angels knew they were getting the Beatles post Ohno; they wanted to be a part of the broken records and the attention that comes with it. They took a risk.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
and the angels got incredibly lucky with trout bursting onto the scene the same season pujols arrived

imagine where that franchise would be now if trout wasn't trout? and how much more attention they'd be getting for that horrendous contract. ouch

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I just want to say, I think Mel Ott is the most underrated player ever

He even had a great age 36 season, suck it Pujols

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Well I'm sure the money he's helped them make off of merch and his name is enough to curb the Angels from tarnishing both Pujols' and their names with a baseless hunt for his 'real' age.

Angels knew they were getting the Beatles post Ohno; they wanted to be a part of the broken records and the attention that comes with it. They took a risk.

It wouldn't be baseless...

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
it is baseless because you have a case so flimsy even the Duke DA wouldnt have taken it to a grand jury for indictment.

there is no good evidence, you are just slurring the player because you know, Latin.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
it is baseless because you have a case so flimsy even the Duke DA wouldnt have taken it to a grand jury for indictment.

there is no good evidence, you are just slurring the player because you know, Latin.

Pujols is on record saying he's only 3 - 4 years younger than Dotel, yet, their listed age would make the age gap 6 years...

That alone means that an investigation wouldn't be baseless...

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Pujols is on record saying he's only 3 - 4 years younger than Dotel, yet, their listed age would make the age gap 6 years...

That alone means that an investigation wouldn't be baseless...
If he knew the exact difference in age he would have said it. Saying 3-4 shows doubt and could be unintentionally inaccurate. You continuing to repeat it doesn't prove anything.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If he knew the exact difference in age he would have said it. Saying 3-4 shows doubt and could be unintentionally inaccurate. You continuing to repeat it doesn't prove anything.

It proves that an investigation wouldn't be baseless...

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think the Angels should go back and investigate Josh Hamilton, Zack Cozart, Trevor Cahill etc while their at it. They stole millions from the Angels and no one cares how old any of them are.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Pujols said 3-4 years and not 6!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
It would mean he defrauded the Angels out of hundreds of millions of dollars...

How exactly did he do that? Did he force them to give him the money? Were they not aware of the thing called "regressing with age" or the all familiar "wear and tear"? Good on him for getting all the $ he could.

Man if there's one thing I dislike the most about fans is this holier than thou attitude towards athletes who get paid. As if that lot wouldn't take every f***ing penny if someone offers them 100mil.

Reactions: Soul Man

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
How exactly did he do that? Did he force them to give him the money? Were they not aware of the thing called "regressing with age" or the all familiar "wear and tear"? Good on him for getting all the $ he could.

Man if there's one thing I dislike the most about fans is this holier than thou attitude towards athletes who get paid. As if that lot wouldn't take every f***ing penny if someone offers them 100mil.

Fraud
wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad