Speculation: Where do you think Elias Lindholm signs?

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Lindholm is still going to get 6.5+ on a longer term deal. Worst case he's a 50ish point 2C that plays Selke defense. People suggesting sub-5m and comparing him to Klingberg are delusional. Klingberg was a 1 trick pony that was a liability when he wasn't producing.

I had the same thought, the Metro is weak as f*** and if they added Lindholm and did something about their goaltending, they could easily be a playoff team IMO.
Bro that's best case scenario. He's currently on pace for 45 points at a -15.

He will also be 3 seasons removed from one season he was ever in the Selke talk. He hasn't cracked the top ten before or since.

Turns 30 next year, i dont see him getting much. Certainly not the 8 years at 9 million the flames offered (thank god he said no).

I see him coming in at around 5 mil AAV for 4 years.

Honestly depends how well he does in the playoffs at this point. He has a chance to creep back into the 7-8 million range if he has a good run.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
And where exactly is this cap space coming from? Having 40+ million invested into 4 forwards is not enough, so I guess the solution is 50+ million invested into 5 forwards?

I think he's destined for the Bruins, where he's going to play with Pastrnak who has turned Zacha into essentially a 60 point player. He'll find form again on the Bruins

Where it always comes from - at the expense of a competent back end.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Still think he’d be a good fit in Winnipeg as 2C, and would love for Chevy to work that out in the offseason… maybe a 1-2 year show me deal at 4-4.5 mil AAV, with performance bonuses attached.
Reality though is he probably goes to a US team… possibly Boston
I would much rather sign Monahan to a 4 year deal. At least the Jets will know what they are getting and will have a good read on his past health issues.

Since Monahan has been a Jets they have had the 2nd best power play in the league at 31%. Before that they were 22nd at 15%. He wins a majority of his face offs, is a smart player and obviously gels nicely with who the Jets already have. And by all accounts he really enjoys it in Winnipeg. Seems like a perfect match to me.

Reactions: Outl4w

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
One of the biggest fumbles in recent memory.
Not injury related either.

Right now it’s still easily Kling

Lindholm should make for a much bigger contract than Kling did after overplaying his hand that offseason

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
A team like the Penguins would offer 7x7.

Any teams offering more than 7
i think the bruins will match or exceed just about any offer he has on the table. They've wanted Lindholm for like 3 years now and tried to trade for him with an extension twice this season, and they finally have cap space to spend this summer.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Definitely Boston. They'll achieve centre depth by committee with no true No.1.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
i think the bruins will match or exceed just about any offer he has on the table. They've wanted Lindholm for like 3 years now and tried to trade for him with an extension twice this season, and they finally have cap space to spend this summer.

Definitely Boston. They'll achieve centre depth by committee with no true No.1.

I definitely think this will be the primary team and it seems Boston will maintain competiveness for quite a few years. Big fit.

Reactions: dugg133

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
The Canucks probably view him as no more than a 3C (perhaps to replace Blueger) or complimentary top 6 winger. I suspect other teams will be comfortable with him as 2C. It is those teams that will be prepared to pay more for him.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Boston makes the most sense.

Play with his bro and Pasta while just being asked to play the defensive support role he's done best in previously.

Not saying he wont produce because he probably gets back to 55-70pts if he's in Bergeron's old spot. Just would be cautious about how much term as he's lost a step.

Can be the reverse Loui Eriksson tee hee. I would expect a few good years vs basically a disaster from day1 though

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I am always leery of defensive centers going to play for the other conference. have to relearn a lot of opposing center's tendencies. In vancouver the guy only seem to compete in fits and spurts, that is the most jarring part of his game that I didnt expect. cannot sign a guy like that for long term north of 30.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
He's most definitely going to get overpaid. On paper, he still checks off a ton of the boxes that GM's covet - RHS, center but can also play wing, good on faceoffs, good PK'er, etc.

Couple that with the cap going up and it's not hard to see some GM getting a little desperate and offering him 7-7.5M+.

Also, zero chance he's comes back to Calgary.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ya he's not doing a one year show me deal. He's going to get 7x7 minimum imo. Multiple teams would be overjoyed with that contract. Hell I'd take him back in Calgary for that and be pumped but I think that bridge is burned.

He's not a true #1C. He does not elevate his wingers. If he was he'd get 10M. But he's an all around good player that really just needs a play driving winger to hit his offensive potential. That's worth 7M everyday.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Looks like a 4-5 million dollar player to me. I don’t see why he would get more. Probably Boston.

He's most definitely going to get overpaid. On paper, he still checks off a ton of the boxes that GM's covet - RHS, center but can also play wing, good on faceoffs, good PK'er, etc.

Couple that with the cap going up and it's not hard to see some GM getting a little desperate and offering him 7-7.5M+.

Also, zero chance he's comes back to Calgary.
On paper he looks like a 40-50 point player at best.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Boston makes the most sense.

Play with his bro and Pasta while just being asked to play the defensive support role he's done best in previously.

Not saying he wont produce because he probably gets back to 55-70pts if he's in Bergeron's old spot. Just would be cautious about how much term as he's lost a step.

Can be the reverse Loui Eriksson tee hee. I would expect a few good years vs basically a disaster from day1 though

When did the Bruins sign his brother?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
When did the Bruins sign his brother?
Well scratch my back with a hack saw. For the last 10yrs i thought they were brothers hahhahahha

stuff like this hasn't helped

1711052904259.png

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Pittsburgh—he’s a bit young, but its time for Malkin to play wing. Pittsburgh has Karlsson, Rakell, Pettersson and Dane Eller so some Scandinavians on the team .

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Columbus needs vets and will have money to spend, I think theyll atleast take a real look. reunites with Gaudreau and also have some good options on the other wing. Or he plays RW with Gaudreau-Jenner leaving Fantilli a long list of potential linemates

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Boston makes too much sense and being a Cup contender. They have a young team overall, with a few aging forwards (Marchand, Coyle and JVR) and $21M+ cap space. I'll be surprised if he chooses any other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00