GDT: Round 1 Game 4 Playoffs: Jets @ Avs Apr 28, 2024 – 1:30 PM CT. TV: CBC; Radio: 680 CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal

uTHmPSG.gif

w2bndAi.jpeg

jBcG8dJ.gif

2DVzG4r.gif

hZdVszx.gif

YxdxuLS.gif

4562Rbp.gif

What you need to know (Link)

Mission Impossible – climbing a mountain
u7ZGXLH.gif

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Ehlers-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Monahan-Perfetti
Niederreiter-Lowry-Appleton
Iafallo-Namestnikov-AJF

JoMo-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Stanley-Schmidt

Aside from the fourth line, who didn't play together, every one of those combinations had a positive xGF% ratio during the regular season. The guy with a front row seats to this show is playing combinations that had negative ratios. I sincerely hope that I'm not the better one out of us at constructing lineups for hockey teams.

Rick Bowness. Tulos tai ulos.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ehlers-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Monahan-Perfetti
Niederreiter-Lowry-Appleton
Iafallo-Namestnikov-AJF

JoMo-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Stanley-Schmidt

Aside from the fourth line, who didn't play together, every one of those combinations had a positive xGF% ratio during the regular season. The guy with a front row seats to this show is playing combinations that had negative ratios. I sincerely hope that I'm not the better one out of us at constructing lineups for hockey teams.

Rick Bowness. Tulos tai ulos.
Not a Toffoli fan?

Reactions: imec

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Not a Toffoli fan?
I am, but that lineup is based on what worked during the regular season. I didn't like getting Toffoli just for the sake of adding stuff at the deadline, but I still think he's a solid scorer. Besides, he must have the best playoff track record out of everyone on the team, but when stuff doesn't work, you make changes.

This isn't about some crazy notion of "not being able to handle pressure" that is based on thin air and maintained mostly by people who know nothing about hockey. It's about the fact that going into game 4 of the playoffs, we know remarkably little about what works and what doesn't.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It goes without saying but this game is everything.

This group has proven over and over that they can't handle pressure like that.

So, while I'll watch and cheer, I have very low confidence this team will do what it takes.

Yup, this game will tell us a lot about the fortitude of the team. Win and it's still anyone's series, lose and dust off the golf clubs.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Lose and I quit
I'm feeling this very strongly.

I've been a die hard, one team fan of the Jets for every second of their existence in the nhl.

I've been through extremely dark times with this team - playing under the shadow of the Oilers, the macoun crosscheck on Hawerchuk, the popcorn incident, losing the team.

However, through all those times the team always did the best they could and it showed.

It has been a real slog watching this team the past 5 years. So much frustration and disappointment.

I can take a team that is less talented, and gives its all but falls short, but I can't accept a team that has no mental fortitude.

For me the worst part is this isn't new, we've seen this collapse under pressure over and over and over.

Thinking a bunch of vets are going to suddenly figure it out is naive at best. I know it will never happen but if bet a guy like Sydney Crosby could straighten these guys out.

Add all of that to my Supreme hate for the nhl and I'm just wondering what's next?

It's a pretty empty feeling honestly.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Well we played an ugly game for two periods last game, today we need to be even uglier and do it for the full 60. Jets need to play thru all the interference when the Avs have the puck in the Jets zone and it would be nice if the Jets finish their checks and forecheck the hell out of the Avs D. Absolutely need to come back with the series tied at 2

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Let's goo!! We have to play hard, but especially smart, disciplined and with poise. And please stop committing stupid mistakes. If we play to our abilities we are going to win today/tonight!

Let's go Jets!
Isn't "poise" the brand name of adult incontinence diapers. Might be appropriate for the Jets to wear them in case they shit the bed again.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I'm feeling this very strongly.

I've been a die hard, one team fan of the Jets for every second of their existence in the nhl.

I've been through extremely dark times with this team - playing under the shadow of the Oilers, the macoun crosscheck on Hawerchuk, the popcorn incident, losing the team.

However, through all those times the team always did the best they could and it showed.

It has been a real slog watching this team the past 5 years. So much frustration and disappointment.

I can take a team that is less talented, and gives its all but falls short, but I can't accept a team that has no mental fortitude.

For me the worst part is this isn't new, we've seen this collapse under pressure over and over and over.

Thinking a bunch of vets are going to suddenly figure it out is naive at best. I know it will never happen but if bet a guy like Sydney Crosby could straighten these guys out.

Add all of that to my Supreme hate for the nhl and I'm just wondering what's next?

It's a pretty empty feeling honestly.

Umm, I was joking actually :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad