Speculation: Where do you think Elias Lindholm signs?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Still think he’d be a good fit in Winnipeg as 2C, and would love for Chevy to work that out in the offseason… maybe a 1-2 year show me deal at 4-4.5 mil AAV, with performance bonuses attached.
Reality though is he probably goes to a US team… possibly Boston
I don't think he's eligible for performance bonuses, he's not 35+ or coming off a major injury.

Reactions: Seanaconda

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't be surprised to see him circle back to Calgary for a lot less money.

He is familiar with the city, coaches, and players and I'm confident that the organization would bring him back.

Value as a centreman and right wing.

I don't think he'd command much more than 6M/yr and that wouldn't be bad value at all.
Nah, I bet that would be his last choice

He rejected 9M or whatever. He is not coming back unless the Flames pay him something close to that. They won’t

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Anyone who pays him more than $4 million is going to sorely regret it.

Loui Eriksson 2.0. Slow, poor compete level, on-paper history propped up by star linemates.

Reactions: Twinsmagic

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The Bruins will have over $20 million in cap space once they trade a goalie ( Ullmark ) so my guess is they end up with either Lindholm or Chandler Stephenson.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Vancouver or boston, hopefully not boston.
definitely not Vancouver. Vancouver already was looking to dump him onto Boston if they could land Guentzel. Its already been reported neither Vancouver, nor Lindholm have much interest in extending this partnership past this year

But hey if he takes an extreme discount of 50% or more off his 9M ask from Calgary then sure maybe the Canucks change their minds

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
You didn't refute anything at all, and 7.5 per for a high end 2c is market rate. Tavares expires after next year as well and the Leafs would still have the cap room for a top 4 d and fill out the roster with younger players. Asking what cap without knowing a team's cap situation is really silly.

Fielding a roster with 54 million committed to 5 forwards is just not happening lol, you're pitching ideas that only work in Be a GM mode on the NHL games and that's what is actually silly.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
If he still wants 8m+ then I could see him going to join Gaudreau in Columbus. Detroit and Buffalo could also be interested I'd think.

If he wants $5-6m, I could see Vancouver resigning him, or maybe he goes to Boston.
Yeah I think he’ll want the 8m

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Vegas or Tampa. Nothing about Lindholm has given any indication he’s chasing money. He seems like he cares more about winning, especially after being trapped in Carolina and how the final two years of his Calgary stay went

Columbus is probably the biggest tire fire in the league after Arizona. He’s not signing there

Last edited:

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Vegas or Tampa. Nothing about Lindholm has given any indication he’s chasing money. He seems like he cares more about winning, especially after being trapped in Carolina and how the final two years of his Calgary stay went

Columbus is probably the biggest tire fire in the league after Arizona. He’s not signing there

Especially since he turned down $72 million and is now looking at 2/3 that at best.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Boston or Columbus so he can re unite with Johnny

Columbus may actually be a dark horse if only because they're probably among the few teams willing to risk paying him a lot. Even then, I don't think he's getting term but hey, if everyone else is offering 5ish and Columbus comes in at 6-7M on a 1-2 year deal. He might just take it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It’s his retirement contract. He’ll go to whoever pays him the most unless it’s close.
Also nothing about Lindholm showed that he lives for the playoffs.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I think Boston is a good fit. I would have also included the Hurricanes if we didn’t trade for Kuznetsov, we has been linked to the Canes a few times now in trade rumors.

He probably gets 7x7 or 7x6… I don’t know if he is worth that, but Kadri is a good comp.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t know what their cap situation is like, but I feel he’d be a fit in Minnesota.

They have a better, younger version of Lindholm in JEE, an up and coming Rossi, Hartman, Yurov, hopefully, among others. They also have a 14.7M cap penalty next year.
They not only can't afford him, but he wouldn't move the needle for them in terms of competitiveness.

LIndholm will either go to a losing team that offers him the most $$, or a Cup contender on a lesser deal. HIs decline would have to put most teams off from offering him a 7 year deal. Something around 3/4 years x 5.5-6M sounds about right, unless his play improves/declines drastically in the final games of the year and in the playoffs.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
is it confirmed he doesn't want to stay in vancouver? Or is this a premature thread because he hasn't signed an extension yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad