When will Matthews win his first Rocket?

Predict his first Richard year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Dr Drai and his 93 goals over the last 2 seasons says hello....

Pasternak too, not sure why he doesn’t count as consistent as Matthews for some reason.

Draisaitl has only been an elite goalscorer for 2 seasons and Pastrnak has been close to one for the last 4 but only took it up a notch near the top of the league the last 2 as well. I suspect they will be consistently up there as well, but Matthews is the only player to be top 10 in GPG each of the past 4 seasons (the only 4 of his career), and was top 5 in 3 of those.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Draisaitl has only been an elite goalscorer for 2 seasons and Pastrnak has been close to one for the last 4 but only took it up a notch near the top of the league the last 2 as well. I suspect they will be consistently up there as well, but Matthews is the only player to be top 10 in GPG each of the past 4 seasons (the only 4 of his career), and was top 5 in 3 of those.
Hard to keep up with which stat we’re using to measure goals in a rocket Richard thread
Pasternaks gpg vs Matthews the last 3 years is .55 vs .59. You’re really going to make that seem like a significant gap?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Maybe. But dude has to have a big yeah and actually crack 90 points for once

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Pasta is the reigning Rocket winner. Seems dumb to dismiss him as “buoyed by PP goals” and say Matthews is the favorite to steal it from Ovi. Pasta has literally already won and Drai is 2nd after Ovi in goals over the past 2 seasons.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Oh I know. Always some excuse for everyone but your boy.
It's still a fact that among the 48 goals Pastrnak scored during the 2019-20 season, 20 of those goals were on the power play.

Among Matthews 47 goals only 12 of them were scored on the power play.

Auston Matthews Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

David Pastrnak Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Now for the record I have no problem that Pastrnak was able to benefit a lot more on the power play because in the end any goal scored at even strength, on the power play, short handed or into the empty net all count the same when you determine who wins the Rocket Richard Trophy. However it's not wrong when other people bring up that Pastrnak was able to benefit because of that.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
nah it wont take that long. OV will still be a 50g/75-80pt guy tho

50 goals is usually enough to get it done. I could see Matthews hit 50 as well, but Ovechkin is trying to get to 895 and he will do everything he can to put as many as he can on the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad