Speculation: When the rebuild is complete

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Considering the AZ GM only called out (allegedly) guys with a limited NTC, and the only guy on the Coyotes with a limited NTC is Zbynek Michalek, that's the guy being made available.

I think the Flames stay the course, continue the rebuild via draft, free agency, or picking up other teams scraps. The cost of someone like Gormley could be too high.

Someone else said Joel Ward (RW RHS Caps) could be a consideration, UFA at the end of the year. Could be a good pick up

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Adam Ollas-Mattsson says hi. 18 years old playing in SHL and does it good.

Big, strong, physical. Good passes and pinch the offence-zone often.

Will play WJC next year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Adam Ollas-Mattsson says hi. 18 years old playing in SHL and does it good.

Big, strong, physical. God passes and pinch the offence-zone often.

Will play WJC next year.

That's great to hear. Thanks for the update!

For those interested in stats, it would appear that he had 5 points in 10 games with a +4 rating in the minors (under 20) then got called up to the main team and has 2 points in 21 games and a -4. Not terrible given the adjustment to playing against men.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

For those interested in stats, it would appear that he had 5 points in 10 games with a +4 rating in the minors (under 20) then got called up to the main team and has 2 points in 21 games and a -4. Not terrible given the adjustment to playing against men.

I remember he was a steal... Wasn't he projected to be a 3rd/4th rounder and somehow dropped to the 6th round for us?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

this reminds me that I started a prospect thread :laugh:

it might need updating I think it's been a couple weeks

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
rafikov, hickey, mattsson, culkin, kulak, sieloff, lots of potential solid NHLers there. Wish we had one blue chip guy though.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Gaudreau - Monahan - UFA/
Glencross - Bennett - Poirier
Granlund - Backlund - Ferland
Bouma - Colborne - Jooris
Reinhart/Agostino

Giordano - Brodie
Wotherspoon - Green (UFA signing)
Sieloff - Russell

Going to edit mine a bit.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Poirier
Glencross - Bennett - Williams ( I still think he would be the perfect UFA to grab)
Granlund - Backlund - Colborne
Bouma - Jooris - Ferland

Unrelated note: Just as I finished the forwards, I found the biggest ****ing potato chip I've ever seen. It's bigger than my hand. It's like a slice of bread.

Giordano - Brodie
Green - Russell
Wotherspoon - Sieloff

Hiller and Ramo?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
rafikov, hickey, mattsson, culkin, kulak, sieloff, lots of potential solid NHLers there. Wish we had one blue chip guy though.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Kulak and Culkins will both be a strong #3/decent #2 someday. I really hope I'm right.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think Rafikov is a dark horse. If I had to guess from our list of defenseman of who I think pans out, Rafikov and Hickey get my vote. Sieloff I am still not sure about.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Going to edit mine a bit.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Poirier
Glencross - Bennett - Williams ( I still think he would be the perfect UFA to grab)
Granlund - Backlund - Colborne
Bouma - Jooris - Ferland

Unrelated note: Just as I finished the forwards, I found the biggest ****ing potato chip I've ever seen. It's bigger than my hand. It's like a slice of bread.

Giordano - Brodie
Green - Russell
Wotherspoon - Sieloff

Hiller and Ramo?

I think those are wise UFA targets for a couple of reasons.

1. It allows you to sell Wideman at an all-time high. If we even retained 1 or 2 million he would fetch a great return!
2. Williams addresses an area of weakness while providing tremendous veteran/playoff/champoionship experience! I would throw 2-3 year contract at 6 - 6.5 to land him. Overpay on short-term.
3. Green would absolutely thrive under Hartley's system. He's roughly 2.5 years younger than Wideman and could adequately fill his role.

Note: I'd probably give Sieloff one more year in the AHL before giving him NHL minutes on our bottom pair. I believe he'll be a NHL player soon, but he needs more time. I'd suggest trading some pieces for a young/up-and-coming defender to play on our bottom pair. (Gormley, Pouliot, Harrington, etc.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad