Perfetti - Scheifele - Ehlers
Connor - Dubois - Svechnikov
Copp - Stastny - Wheeler

sounds pretty good to me

KFC-PLD-Perfetti
Svkov-Schiefele-Ehlers
Vesa/Harks-Stastny-Wheeler
Copp-Lowry-K.R.

I think these lines are more balanced than what we have seen. It should lead to plenty of mismatches. Let the play of each line determined by 5on5 goal differential help dictate ice time. The Lowry line should get the toughest matchup whenever possible.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Guys, Perfetti is clearly better than Wheeler.

Wheeler is having a horrible season! He’s on scoring at (checks notes) a 65 point pace.

Perfetti on the other hand, is lighting it up! He has (checks notes again) zero career points. And he’s only played half his games on a line with the Jets two top scorers!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Wheeler is having a horrible season! He’s on scoring at (checks notes) a 65 point pace.

Perfetti on the other hand, is lighting it up! He has (checks notes again) zero career points. And he’s only played half his games on a line with the Jets two top scorers!

Your missing the point. People are arguing for Wheeler to carry a third scoring line because he's better and more established at this point in his career then Cole.

Cole shouldn't be expected to carry a line and should to be insulated as he's being brought in since he's a 20 year old rookie. That is why you leave him with two talented players that can carry the mail.

It's about getting more from the lineup as a whole and not about slighting the captain.

Also the Dubois/Conner duo performs equally well with all of Svech/Wheeler/Perfetti(extremely small sample) so in terms of opportunity cost why would we use Wheeler there when his scoring ability is likely better utilized to get more out of another line on this team.

Last edited:

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Your missing the point. People are arguing for Wheeler to carry a third scoring line because he's better and more established at this point in his career then Cole.

Cole shouldn't be expected to carry a line and should to be insulated as he's being brought in since he's a 20 year old rookie. That is why you leave him with two talented players that can carry the mail.

It's about getting more from the lineup as a whole and not about slighting the captain.

Also the Dubois/Conner duo performs equally well with all of Svech/Wheeler/Perfetti(extremely small sample) so in terms of opportunity cost why would we use Wheeler there when his scoring ability is likely better utilized to get more out of another line on this team.

To your point, Dave Lowry definitely seems open to putting Perfetti in the top six. Which historically was a no-go for young players on this team. So putting him with two talented players, as you say, could bolster development. Lowry seems to have a very fluid thought process on how the line up evolves intra-game (is that grammatically correct?). I find that refreshing.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
To your point, Dave Lowry definitely seems open to putting Perfetti in the top six. Which historically was a no-go for young players on this team. So putting him with two talented players, as you say, could bolster development. Lowry seems to have a very fluid thought process on how the line up evolves intra-game (is that grammatically correct?). I find that refreshing.

Ehlers and Connor both honed their skills playing alongside the Scheifele-Wheeler duo. Laine had to suffer the ignomity of such a poor centre as Bryan Little, to his chagrin.

Lowry does make more adjustments to in game rosters than Maurice that's noticeable. He gets down to 2 lines late in a game with a lead. And so far only Connor off that line is in that formation.

I think Perfetti is being put in a spot the Jets and Lowry see him in next year. As for this season, it's hard to say. I think there is some internal competition going on.

It looks like the lineup Lowry has in mind is

Ehlers-Scheifele
Connor-Dubois
Copp-Lowry

And where the other wingers end up is up in the air at the moment.

I do find it somewhat interesting that there is alot less chatter about Svetchnikov being on the Dubois-Connor line all of a sudden.

Reactions: surixon and weslox

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015

I do find it funny that people will pound their fists on the table and yell Wheeler has no place in the top six because he isn’t good enough anymore then turn around and pound their fists on the table and yell Svech should be in the top six.

Wheeler I’m told is having a “horrendous” year yet still has the 3rd highest P/60, the highest A/60 and the highest A1/60 on the jets.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Huzzah. Now let's change the thread title to Ehlers leg injury, and there'll be no need to add a whole 'nother thread. :nod:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ehlers and Connor both honed their skills playing alongside the Scheifele-Wheeler duo. Laine had to suffer the ignomity of such a poor centre as Bryan Little, to his chagrin.

Lowry does make more adjustments to in game rosters than Maurice that's noticeable. He gets down to 2 lines late in a game with a lead. And so far only Connor off that line is in that formation.

I think Perfetti is being put in a spot the Jets and Lowry see him in next year. As for this season, it's hard to say. I think there is some internal competition going on.

It looks like the lineup Lowry has in mind is

Ehlers-Scheifele
Connor-Dubois
Copp-Lowry

And where the other wingers end up is up in the air at the moment.

I do find it somewhat interesting that there is alot less chatter about Svetchnikov being on the Dubois-Connor line all of a sudden.

Moe put young players in good spots when the team was in the building stage. He didn't do much if any of that once the team hit contending stage. I guess we will have to see what Lowry does when the team has more bodies but he's had no issue playing our kids up the lineup while we are trying to win to date.

I think we likely see something like this:

Stastny Scheifele Wheeler
Conner Dubois Perfetti
Copp Lowry Harkins/Svech
Harkins/Svech Toninoto Ves

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Moe put young players in good spots when the team was in the building stage. He didn't do much if any of that once the team hit contending stage. I guess we will have to see what Lowry does when the team has more bodies but he's had no issue playing our kids up the lineup while we are trying to win to date.

I think we likely see something like this:

Stastny Scheifele Wheeler
Conner Dubois Perfetti
Copp Lowry Harkins/Svech
Harkins/Svech Toninoto Ves

The thing I like about Dave Lowry is he rewards players for playing well. There's still the caution with young players, as you didn't see a lot of Samberg or Perfetti in the 3rd period. Didn't really see them in a special teams capacity last night either. I think he's got his guys too.

I wonder if coach will go back to Scheifele-Wheeler. Probability is high, but Copp has been good on that line. Copp has been good on most lines this year. Adam Lowry definitely needs a little more talent on his wings to be effective.

It will be interesting to see how he sees the team, if and when it gets healthy. Does Wheeler go back to PP1? Or does he try to spread out the talent, whereas with less talent it was pretty much a one unit show last night.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The thing I like about Dave Lowry is he rewards players for playing well. There's still the caution with young players, as you didn't see a lot of Samberg or Perfetti in the 3rd period. Didn't really see them in a special teams capacity last night either. I think he's got his guys too.

I wonder if coach will go back to Scheifele-Wheeler. Probability is high, but Copp has been good on that line. Copp has been good on most lines this year. Adam Lowry definitely needs a little more talent on his wings to be effective.

It will be interesting to see how he sees the team, if and when it gets healthy. Does Wheeler go back to PP1? Or does he try to spread out the talent, whereas with less talent it was pretty much a one unit show last night.

Well the last pp had more to do with Ehlers being Injured I think. The Scheifele unit stayed out the full two minutes the time before.

thai jet

Aug 13, 2021
Winnipeg
KFC-PLD-Perfetti
Svkov-Schiefele-Ehlers
Vesa/Harks-Stastny-Wheeler
Copp-Lowry-K.R.

I think these lines are more balanced than what we have seen. It should lead to plenty of mismatches. Let the play of each line determined by 5on5 goal differential help dictate ice time. The Lowry line should get the toughest matchup whenever possible.

Revised after Ehlers injury

KFC-PLD-Perfetti
Stastny-Schiefele-Wheeler
Copp-Lowry-K.R.
Vesa-Harkins-Svkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad