Injury Report: Wheeler leg injury

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
There is a silver lining in injuries often.

I hate the flack that Wheeler gets, the harping on him playing top six, etc. Even if it's right it just seems like its every night people go on about it.

But if this is long term, like up to playoffs or season ending... that's money the Jets will have to spend.

And in the meantime, more ice for the fresh legs in Svech, Harkins and Vesalainen.

Get well soon Blake.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

I hate the flack that Wheeler gets, the harping on him playing top six, etc. Even if it's right it just seems like its every night people go on about it.

But if this is long term, like up to playoffs or season ending... that's money the Jets will have to spend.

And in the meantime, more ice for the fresh legs in Svech, Harkins and Vesalainen.

Get well soon Blake.

If it is a season ending injury or if he's out multiple months... that might be the end of the Jets season. The PP alone is gonna get blown back to the stone age. No silver lining here.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Get well soon Blake.
I'm pretty sure Svech got injured in the first or early second. That or benched. I don't think he saw the ice in the third or for a lot of the second.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If it is a season ending injury or if he's out multiple months... that might be the end of the Jets season. The PP alone is gonna get blown back to the stone age. No silver lining here.

I wont go that far. Our season isnt over by a long shot.

It's a big negative for sure. But sometimes it can be surprising what positives can come from a negative.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I think if it's long term we really need to make a trade for a right handed shot as we were already very thin on right handed shooters

Reactions: PaulPooley

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If its long term then I think you need to bring Cole up after the WJHC as he is a highly skilled player that will help the PP and will help with the playmaking in the top 6.
But weren’t you arguing that wjhc has very little benefit for Perfetti that he’s already playing against pros so they may as well play him in the nhl.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
This is the live look at it. There's an edit (my edit) towards the end when he's on the bench because they were showing a replay in between.

And the slo-mo replay
PO6BGUW.mp4

Reactions: B33R LEAGUE

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
But weren’t you arguing that wjhc has very little benefit for Perfetti that he’s already playing against pros so they may as well play him in the nhl.

If it were up to me I'd call him right back up but that isn't how the Jets work, they have already promised hockey Canada and Cole he could play so they will keep their word.

Reactions: hn777

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Unfortunate to have this happen during his best game of the year. However, it gives others an opportunity that they clearly would not have gotten otherwise.

Looked to me like an MCL injury rather than ACL; hopefully, he will avoid the knife and be back by March.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Unfortunate to have this happen during his best game of the year. However, it gives others an opportunity that they clearly would not have gotten otherwise.

Looked to me like an MCL injury rather than ACL; hopefully, he will avoid the knife and be back by March.
So hard to see from that angle. Looks lateral so I'd agree MCL but so much weird shit can happen with the knee so it could be anything from a second degree MCL sprain up to the terrible triad. Judging from the pain he's clearly in it is not a good thing at all, so I'm leaning toward more serious. I did a second degree MCL sprain (skiing) and had no reaction like what Wheeler expressed and I don't for a second believe I'm tougher than Wheeler.

I'm no medical professional but growing up I wanted to be Bobby Orr. I got none of the talent and both of the knees. Up for my fourth knee surgery at the end of the month (first on my right knee, or as I used to refer to it "my good knee") so I have more than a passing familiarity. As fate would have it I married a therapist who is sufficiently competent to have been mentioned in the old In Flight magazines by Rob Millete, so I know just enough to be wildly wrong.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
If it were up to me I'd call him right back up but that isn't how the Jets work, they have already promised hockey Canada and Cole he could play so they will keep their word.
Sometimes I hate how honest, moral and faithful the Jets are...

Reactions: DannyGallivan

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Didn’t catch the game, but that looked nasty. Hope he’ll be okay.

A hallmark of Jets teams the past couple years has been an inability to overcome adversity — well here comes a good chance to change that.

Reactions: kanadalainen

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
What a shame because this was his best game this season IMO. In general he looked good over the last couple of games. He finally scored his first goal and not just some random back bounce or anything, you could see that it fired him up quite a bit and then he gets hurt. It's just so typical for how these things go in sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad