GDT: WHC QF - Switzerland vs USA

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
USA cruising under the radar.

Maybe Switzerland took the US too lightly. I think Canada is a bit of a traditional measuring stick for them because they played much more inspired in that game.
Every team usually always brings their A game against Canada, Canada is everyones measuring stick if we are being honest.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Every team usually always brings their A game against Canada, Canada is everyones measuring stick if we are being honest.

I don't want to take away from what the US has done.

I think everyone laughed at their roster and I bet it's bringing the team together.

Reactions: PWiz30

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
One of the classical scenarios: A team dominant in the group stage fails completely in the QF. This year, Switzerland.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I dont even care about this game particularly. One very good tournament doesnt balance out 7 dissapointing ones. He has got to go, Weibel too ideally. Hopefully the media will at least put on some pressure this time.
Agree but i don’t know at this point what to do to win a quartfinal game.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Great game by the USA but Switzerland just with a pretty underwhelming performance. Also a great goaltender wins games, while an average one does not win you nothing.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
five years between our two silver medal, next tournament will be five years since our last, know what I mean ? hahaha

Credit to USA, strong defense. We lacked of something today unfortunately. Let's hope Fischer will be gone next tournament... We had everything to do well.

This one is hard to swallow...

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
As always, bittersweet showing today, a lot of upsets and honestly I could see it happening that USA may show up and exploit Swiss QF crisis. Now let’s just Czechs show up for SF, Canada is for us much more desirable opponent given circumstances than Sweden, Finland.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Well I did not expect that.

I really shat on the US roster this year and they have proven almost every doubter wrong. Funny enough if it was best on best rosters I could absolutely see the Swiss team reversing this scoreline out of teamwork, coaching, sheer luck and willpower as they have done multiple times in the past. Maybe Switzerland really isn't comfortable being a "favorite" as they kind of were here, and settles the game better as an underdog.

Congrats to the US and Canada would be more than happy to meet you or Finland in the finals!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00