72 Egli
23 Kurashev
79 Thürkauf - 88 Bertschy - 98 Miranda

Let's hope for a good one.

Last edited:

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Switzerland needs to adwance in this one. If Fischer doensn't manage to pull of the win then I don't think he should be the coach going forward. The credit of 2018 is used up and we need a bigger success once again than losing in the first knockout game like so many times in the recent past.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This is such a tough call for me.

Swayman is the better goalie.
Josi is the best D but Seth Jones is amazing too.
Top Swiss forwards are better but overall forward depth might be US.
A very good quarter! Good luck to both... Both nations could use a medal at the world's!

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
This is such a tough call for me.

Swayman is the better goalie.
Josi is the best D but Seth Jones is amazing too.
Top Swiss forwards are better but overall forward depth might be US.
A very good quarter! Good luck to both... Both nations could use a medal at the world's!
No Josi in this tournament.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Big issue with this U.S. team is scoring. Goaltending has been very good with Swayman and the d has done its job. Someone is going to have to step up and puck in the net for the U.S. in order for them to win. Come on Gally!

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Betting agencies got Switzerland as a quite big favorite. If USA would win, it would be an upset.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
What about Riat?Will he continue to be in 1st line and PP?
Nothing on that yet. I guess we'll see. Riat is a good option for the PP. He has a good shot and a scoring sense. Not sure about him beside Hischier and Meier.

Switzerland should be the slight favorite, roster wise it seems pretty equal, Switzerland has more eperience in that kind of situation.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Yeah i'm feeling you. I hope they channel their inner 2013 Julian Walker and slap the shit through USA's goalie.

gettyimages-169005366-2048x2048.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SanDogBrewin

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Biggest game of the year (I know it's an olympic year, but between the early game time and the stupid format it was hard to be that much into that tournament) as a favourite after the last two heartbreak. That's the perfect setup for the next heartbreak.

Reactions: Jon Riley

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
The roster quality is certainly good engough to advance and in my opinion better than on the american side except for goaltending. But there are some things that make me worry. We have slept through the the first period of the last two games and have taken way to many unecessary penalties the whole tournament. In the knockout format this can easily mean the death blow for your team if you are not careful. In addition to that we often had trouble in high stakes games under Fischers tenure with the exception of 2018. And with Scherwey a significant part of the winner mentality of this team is missing now. Lets hope they can break the cycle anyway today.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00