OT: What's your job?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I was considering taking a part time culinary course, anyone have insight as to which are best? cost efficient, etc... any info would be appreciate.d

I don't know about part time but George Brown has a very good culinary program. That might not be what you're looking for though.

summerstorm

Dec 5, 2011
Try Windsor.... We're improving, only the 4th worst in the country now in terms of unemployment, held the title for the better part of the last few years though..

That and you get to live next to Detroit....

Good times.

spent 4 years in Windsor....I miss it not....now live in the south OK BC and will never leave...

Last edited by a moderator:

canadiancreed

Exiled from paradise
Nov 10, 2010
Canadas Black Hole
Currently working as a doorman at the local bar on weekends, and just finished my last day at foodland, starting in September I will be going back to Kingston and hopefully getting a job with G4S Security. Eventually want to work as a C/O

Had a friend of mine that got hired on with them a few months ago. Heard good things.

video game programmer

the company i work who just started up 4 months ago announced our first ever game yesterday

Damn very nice! Don't happen to be looking at all do you? :D

Dont let anyone tell you Muskoka is a summer paradise. I wore a toque until noon today out on the lake it was so damn cold. Its AUGUST, mother nature, AUGUST.

I hear that. Feels like June in PEI here this year, like a few weeks of summer, and then went straight to early October

Try Windsor.... We're improving, only the 4th worst in the country now in terms of unemployment, held the title for the better part of the last few years though..

Well at least you're beating Summerside?

Myself Lead Developer for a large research department at one of the local hospitals in town, and looking for contract work as well. One of the reasons why I moved to the city. So far, the rumours of IT work all over the place are a bit exaggerated.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Personal trainer. Currently train an NHL player.. My cousin lol.

Take a lot of pride in what I do. Changed a lot of people's lives and outlook on life

Pm me if interested.

LordKmus

Feb 19, 2012
Solar technician.

After taking Renewable Energy in College -> Designer job ->recently moved to Stratford for a technician position.

The Solar industry is bleak, but I'm still plugging away trying to build a resume and/or land something lasting.

Cool man, I'm a construction labourer (currently out of work due to illness) and 90% of what I've done is build solar farms out in Ontario.

You should look into applying to Aecon. They have so many solar projects in the Picton and Kingston, ON areas. I'm sure they could use people with your expertise.

Good luck to ya!

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Honest question, what are some job titles that a person who majored in sociology can expect to get?

Speaking for myself, the "job title" my own sociology degree got me was "law student"...and let's just say the job title that came from the law degree was a lot better (financially, maybe not 'in the eyes of the public') than the prospects offered by the sociology degree :laugh:

LordKmus

Feb 19, 2012
Personal trainer. Currently train an NHL player.. My cousin lol.

Take a lot of pride in what I do. Changed a lot of people's lives and outlook on life

Pm me if interested.

That's awesome comrade! Pretty much my dream is to be a strength and conditioning coach for a pro sports team one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00