What's your Goaltending for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Think the Canes would take a shot at this guy? Assuming Waddell is correct that Darling is staying, Ward will be resigned and they want to bring in a 3rd guy to compete, I doubt they are going to attract a really good UFA already in the league (Raanta) who has other options. Maybe they look to Europe to find a hidden gem/option on the cheap and hope it pans out.

This guy's numbers have been very good in the KHL, although his international numbers don't look too good, and he is an UFA this year. There is a thread on the trade board if you want to see what others think about him.

Pavel Francouz - CZE - 6'0", 180lbs, 27 years old

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I have no problem taking a flyer on a guy from Europe / KHL, but I don't think you can do that and bring back Darling / Ward. If the guy works out, then great. If he fails in the NHL, then we are stuck with Darling/Ward yet again.

Unfortunately, it's not going to be easy to resolve this goaltending issue, but let's hope the "committee" is up to it.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I have no problem taking a flyer on a guy from Europe / KHL, but I don't think you can do that and bring back Darling / Ward. If the guy works out, then great. If he fails in the NHL, then we are stuck with Darling/Ward yet again.
Well, yeah, sure that is what a normal team would do. But what will our GM committee recommend to the decisions council that reports to Dundon do?

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
irbe.jpg

This is the answer.

#neverforget

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'm praying that Grubauer leads the Caps on a deep Playoff run which entices them to trade Holtby. Canes pay whatever it takes and reap the same benefit that Vegas is seeing with MAF. Faulk could be of interest to WSH if Carlson leaves for a payday.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm praying that Grubauer leads the Caps on a deep Playoff run which entices them to trade Holtby. Canes pay whatever it takes and reap the same benefit that Vegas is seeing with MAF. Faulk could be of interest to WSH if Carlson leaves for a payday.
I'd rather Holtby leads them deep and they trade Grubauer. Holtby's seems to have a fragile mental state, to me, and I would be afraid he'd Darling here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad