What's the worst word/saying on this site

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
underrated/overrated

those terms are overrated

But seriously they make no sense without a clear standard to measure against, and no one has one.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
This has never been any worse than by the clown who works with warren moon on Seahawks radio. Never met a first name he didn’t love. Especially with the qb. If you listened to their broadcasts in the first part of the decade, you would have no idea Matt Hasselbeck played there. Nothing but “Matthew” for 3 hours. Same now with “Russell”.
I've thankfully never had the pleasure of listening to that.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
Acquiring X player "on the cheap"
Chirping
Celly
Geno Malkin
Analytics
Good defensively
Classy
GM who "laughs and hangs up the phone"
Massive overpayment
Grow the game
Calling players "studs"...:skeptic:
Posters who role play as GMs "I wouldn't even trade him for....":facepalm:
Just wanted to say that I love your avatar. Reminds me of Deaner from Fubar.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I have no clue how no one yet has ever complained on here to my knowledge at least about Craig simpson every week on HNIC and every night in the playoffs on CBC.

(After every single statement made) "Isn't it"?

Isn't he?

Wouldn't he?

Shouldn't he?

Couldn't it?

Wouldn't it?

Shouldn't it?

to Jim Hughson.

It makes a color anaylst's opinion look extremely weak when they have to question every single thing they say to get affirmation.

I'm not even exaggerating he says it every single time.

I feel like I'm the only one in the world to notice too which is strange.

I know that's from on the air but it needs to be said and I'm not creating a thread on it.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Word fan coming in peace.
After reading this I'm literally confused.
I tought i was dominate word user but it turns out that every generational word I use is irritating AINEC.

Y'all wrong. Advanced stats says these words are much better than your eye test tells you. They are really underrated.
This thread is hot garbage, a true tire fire of all time.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Literally any term that can be defined differently. Elite, generational, high pick, low pick, you name it. I reckon there's a fight to be had over any adjective under the sun.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
"on pace for" it makes things sound really impressive, but everyone knows that goal scoring / point production isn't linear. Just say they have x many points. Although in HF speak saying a player is "on pace for" generally means they are using an absurdly small sample size to extrapolate from.

Same goes for using PPG over actual points. What matters is how much they scored - not how many points they would theoretically have scored if they played a full season.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
I hate the, "Is it time to start talking about..."

To me it sounds like, "I want to talk about my favourite team but am afraid of the flak I'll get for doing it"

Which is another thing I hate, people who criticize others for posting about their favourite team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad