What's the worst word/saying on this site

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I've never looked at it from that perspective. Good point, you're right.

Having said that, I'm off the opinion that games should be 2 pts for a win, 0 for a loss regardless of how/when you lose (extending 3v3 OT to further reduce shootouts). So a win/loss record like NBA or MLB.

That would eliminate the "loser point" as it is incorrectly called.

But I digress...

I like the 3-2-1-0 system if they're gunna keep 3on3 & the shootout; which are fun. 3 points for a regulation win, 2 for an OT or SO win, 1 for tying a game in regulation and 0 for a regulation loss.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
"much" as in bitter much or jealous much.
I can't help but imagine a very young child typing that out.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
the "What is wrong with (insert name)" threads.

Nothing is usually wrong with that player, they might have had 1-2 bad games in a row maybe 1 week tops. It happens.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
"Points per 60"
"Generational"

Any obscure statistic like amount of loose puck retrievals

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Ending a question with "_____, no?" instead of "______, right?" in an attempt to sound intellectual/cultured, or something. If you do this, I hope you fall in a volcano.

Reactions: 278 others

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
"He's a stud" or just the term "stud" in general when describing hockey players or athletes has always bothered me. Hammers home how often we look at NHL players as prized commodities rather living beings with families.

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
Depends on which fan base you're conversing with. Me personally is the lack of the use of FRANCHISE PLAYER which many star players are; but EVERYONE wants their new all star player to be dubbed GENERATIONAL. Claiming player X is such and such but hasn't produced at the claimed level. The big one, "IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY" literally everyone has heard this one from disgruntled fans of another franchise. Its just a cop out excuse to reply without context. Just ask Rangers fans from a few years ago, they missed on the last day in OT. Most of them would have laughed at you to think they'd miss. "Is player X better than a player from another generation" when we all know its literally impossible to compare due to equipment and rules; let alone the injury differences between the eras.

Last one any stat that says ADJUSTED. When you have to adjust stats to make you're argument rather than use WHAT REALLY HAPPENS! I'd love an adjusted income that says I earn a billion dollars weekly but it just isn't true.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Ending a question with "_____, no?" instead of "______, right?" in an attempt to sound intellectual/cultured, or something. If you do this, I hope you fall in a volcano.

You do realize that this is probably more related to where a person is from and what their native language is than an attempt to "sound cultured" yes? Speech patterns and word usage tends to be a regional thing much like pronunciation and accents.

Reactions: cgf

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Moral victory.

Usually get that from opposing fans,after their team picks up the W and 2 pts.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Insecure

"Oh another insecure Blues fan"

It's just a comment 100% intended to annoy the person.

(Picked Blues as a random example)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad