What's the worst word/saying on this site

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"Homer" has lost all impact as a word because people have overused it on this site. "Homer" at this point basically means "I don't agree with you but I can't disprove what you're saying, so I'm just going to discredit you".

I also think "best player" discussions are pointless because no one has a straight definition of "best". At this point, the debates are more what do you think "best" means, rather than who is the best player.

Feb 24, 2017
When fans use players nicknames.

I'm trying to picture a fan walking up to a player in person & using "Webs", "Nealer", "Jarny", "Couts", etc. I would laugh until I cried.
Would you really find it that funny? Any fan whatsoever or maybe just one who is inappropriately aged to you to be nerding out? Even if it was some 53 year old dude, would you really find it funny? Or maybe just a little uncomfortable. And if funny, really you think you’d bust such a gut you’d cry?

I hope there’s video.

Feb 24, 2017
Another thing that is the worst of the worst on this website is people who claim that things that aren’t actually even funny are SO funny that they’d die laughing, laugh till they cry, laugh till they peed themselves, etc.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch
Feb 24, 2017
"Homer" has lost all impact as a word because people have overused it on this site. "Homer" at this point basically means "I don't agree with you but I can't disprove what you're saying, so I'm just going to discredit you".

I also think "best player" discussions are pointless because no one has a straight definition of "best". At this point, the debates are more what do you think "best" means, rather than who is the best player.
I disagree. You cannot be discredited here because nobody has any credit. It’s literally a gigantic group of nobodies. There’s no discrediting nothings.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Would you really find it that funny? Any fan whatsoever or maybe just one who is inappropriately aged to you to be nerding out? Even if it was some 53 year old dude, would you really find it funny? Or maybe just a little uncomfortable. And if funny, really you think you’d bust such a gut you’d cry?

I hope there’s video.

Lol alright it was clearly hyperbole.

You don't think it would be odd for someone to walk up to a player like "what's up Tanger I'm a huge fan"..?

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
I hate when people refer to players by their first names. Unless you are talking about the Sedin's, then it's ok.
I remember watching a Leafs-Oilers game when Matthews was injured. Jim Hughson talked about Matthews every 3-4 minutes. He always referred to him as Auston. Wanted to reach through the screen and grab "Jim" by his throat.

Reactions: Huokaus

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
When fans use players nicknames.

I'm trying to picture a fan walking up to a player in person & using "Webs", "Nealer", "Jarny", "Couts", etc. I would laugh until I cried.
What about people using boxers nicknames or like 'champ' for a former titleholder I think thats more common,

Or like soccer players that will put their nicknames on the back of their jerseys is that funny? Like I wouldn't even know what pelés real name was. Or what neymars last name is but it's a different culture I guess

Last edited:

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
When people post something negative about team X and say "I'm an X fan and..." as if that makes what they are saying more meaningful or something.

Also, "nuff said". That ones more a general internet term though.

Feb 24, 2017
I hate when people refer to players by their first names. Unless you are talking about the Sedin's, then it's ok.
I remember watching a Leafs-Oilers game when Matthews was injured. Jim Hughson talked about Matthews every 3-4 minutes. He always referred to him as Auston. Wanted to reach through the screen and grab "Jim" by his throat.
This has never been any worse than by the clown who works with warren moon on Seahawks radio. Never met a first name he didn’t love. Especially with the qb. If you listened to their broadcasts in the first part of the decade, you would have no idea Matt Hasselbeck played there. Nothing but “Matthew” for 3 hours. Same now with “Russell”.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
starting a post with "i mean" ranks right up there. ( unless someone asked you to explain a point you made in a previous post )
"ask" instead of just typing out "asking price".

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Another thing that is the worst of the worst on this website is people who claim that things that aren’t actually even funny are SO funny that they’d die laughing, laugh till they cry, laugh till they peed themselves, etc.
You just mentioned 53 year olds
So yes they may pee themselves or at least dribble a bit

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Acquiring X player "on the cheap"
Chirping
Celly
Geno Malkin
Analytics
Good defensively
Classy
GM who "laughs and hangs up the phone"
Massive overpayment
Grow the game