#whatdidchevydotoday

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
After seeing the scraps that were given up for Bernier it makes me think why didn't we go and get him? A one two punch of Bernier and Pavelec would have been great.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
After seeing the scraps that were given up for Bernier it makes me think why didn't we go and get him? A one two punch of Bernier and Pavelec would have been great.

Scrivens (who's played fewer games than Bernier, but has similar stats behind a worse defense), Frattin, and a 2nd are scraps? If Toronto really wanted Bernier, then it's a good deal for them, but LA did well, IMHO.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
How many times do we have to be told how this team is going to build itself up? Through the draft and with smart cheap UFA pickups (Joker was a bomb and letting Hainsey walk for nothing a mistake) So yes mistakes have been made but to think we are going to pay 5 or 6+ mil for the hot UFA you are fooling yourself ....if you are old enough you will remember this cartoon episode and it is the way the Jets 2.0 plan to work!

tortoisehare1_1.jpg

P.S. We are not Buggs :D

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Should we just listen/read all of the other press appearances from him in the last 2 years? It'll be the same. :sarcasm: :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing. There is almost no chance that Chevy will reveal anything of note that most folks don't already know. It'll be all sorts of vague general information. I don't mind that, as long as he makes good decisions when they need to be made.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Should we just listen/read all of the other press appearances from him in the last 2 years? It'll be the same. :sarcasm: :laugh:

people complain when they dont press release anything
people complain when they have a press conference

makes sense

edit: besides, what is he supposed to say? There is really nothing he can say note worthy, that wont tip his hand to other teams or free agents.

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Scrivens (who's played fewer games than Bernier, but has similar stats behind a worse defense), Frattin, and a 2nd are scraps? If Toronto really wanted Bernier, then it's a good deal for them, but LA did well, IMHO.

The equivalent for us would be something like Kulda, Pasquale and a 2nd. You wouldn't give that up for Bernier? I would snap make that deal.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
About that Toronto trade.
You guys are also forgetting the 500K in cap space the Leafs kept in order to make that deal.
I have my doubts that the Jets would be willing to keep cap space. Especially with the signings that need to happen this year.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The equivalent for us would be something like Kulda, Pasquale and a 2nd. You wouldn't give that up for Bernier? I would snap make that deal.

You're joking right? Pasquale <<<<<<<<<< Scrivens. It's yet to be seen if Pasquale can even be a mediocre back up at the NHL level. As has been said by previous posters, Scrivens' and Bernier's numbers really arent that far apart. Also Frattin is much more established at the NHL level than Kulda is. AFAIC the Kings came out on top in this trade AINEC.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
people complain when they dont press release anything
people complain when they have a press conference

makes sense

edit: besides, what is he supposed to say? There is really nothing he can say note worthy, that wont tip his hand to other teams or free agents.

I wasn't complaining, if your post was towards me. :laugh: . With that being said, I agree with you, and I am fine with how Chevy goes about his business.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
You're joking right? Pasquale <<<<<<<<<< Scrivens. It's yet to be seen if Pasquale can even be a mediocre back up at the NHL level. As has been said by previous posters, Scrivens' and Bernier's numbers really arent that far apart. Also Frattin is much more established at the NHL level than Kulda is. AFAIC the Kings came out on top in this trade AINEC.

Pasquale <<<<<< Pavelec << Scrivens

I don't really see Bernier as a big upgrade over Scrivens. He is a couple years younger, but he will be way more expensive despite the fact that they stop a similar number of pucks.

I would love the get the LA side of that deal. Leafs got taken to the cleaner.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Plenty of opportunities lost.

The Pavelec deal took them out of the market for pretty much every goalie and there are always cheap goalies available.

Meh, I blame you and garret for not being emphatic enough to get your numbers into Chevy's peripheral vision. Had he known what you know about Pavelec's number, maybe the deal wouldn't have been so sweet. :sarcasm:

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
lol so whats the deal with Peter Tessier? Writes for Hockey Buzz yet has media credentials with the Jets? makes sense.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
Ken Wiebe: UFA defenseman Derek Meech’s agent, JP Barry, has spoke with the Jets several times and will do so again before free agency starts on July 5th.

woo hoo! we're building a winner! we might have Meech!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Ken Wiebe: UFA defenseman Derek Meech’s agent, JP Barry, has spoke with the Jets several times and will do so again before free agency starts on July 5th.

woo hoo! we're building a winner! we might have Meech!

You do realize that there's an AHL team to take care of as well, yes? There's also this thing called depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad