OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Gave up beer for Lent. Poor me ...

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Yum

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I not a big fan of Grain Belt Lock and Dam. It was just okay, But I expected more. Nordeast is still far and away the best Grain Belt beer.

Bought this on a whim last weekend. Trying it now. It's... Interesting.

qtO2mfe.jpg

Orange and chocolate are two flavors that I don't think I'd like together.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Orange and chocolate are two flavors that I don't think I'd like together.

I love chocolate orange candy, so I figured it was worth a shot. Most 'flavored' beers have a very subtle hint of whatever they're going for... This one definitely tastes strongly of orange, so I'll give it credit for that.

My biggest turn-off was... The consistency? Not sure if that makes sense in the context of a beverage. Seemed very flat. Maybe that's because it's a nitro stout? (I don't have much experience with those, so I don't know what to expect)

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
I assume Uberdachen took this picture right after dry hopping his beer. Considering the color and the ABV I would guess it's an Imperial Stout/Porter. And because of the dry hopping I would guess you're going for a Porter? This is interesting.

Last edited:

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I assume Uberdachen took this picture right after dry hopping his beer. Considering the color and the ABV I would guess it's an Imperial Stout/Porter. And because of the dry hopping I would guess you're going for a Porter?

Yes to right after dry hopping, but it's an imperial IPA.

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
Yes to right after dry hopping, but it's an imperial IPA.

Really? I didn't think so with that color but my screen is really crappy so maybe that's why it seemed darker. It's a kind of malty IPA I guess then. I hope it taste good, and please give a review in about two weeks when it's carbonated ;)

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Really? I didn't think so with that color but my screen is really crappy so maybe that's why it seemed darker. It's a kind of malty IPA I guess then. I hope it taste good, and please give a review in about two weeks when it's carbonated ;)

It's a bad picture with bad lighting, but it's still darker than a normal IPA. It's a West Coast Imperial IPA recipe.

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
It's a bad picture with bad lighting, but it's still darker than a normal IPA. It's a West Coast Imperial IPA recipe.

Aight. I brewed an imperial IPA a few months back that was also pretty dark. Used a base of munich malt and only Amarillo hops. It turned out great!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
6413600007760.jpg

I had forgotten how good and cheap this beer actually is.

Takes the edge off nicely after a long week at work.

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
Drinking alot tonight so keeping the price down. Plastic bottle, thinking these are good at festivals.

a74c99777d30f015_400x400ar.jpg

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Maybe because Olvi is a major brand making mass produced lagers, they all taste the same.

Olvi craft beer line has some very decent beers though. Olvi IPA/APA and now that American Cream Ale are all good enough beers from the supermarket.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Olvi craft beer line has some very decent beers though. Olvi IPA/APA and now that American Cream Ale are all good enough beers from the supermarket.

Got to try this Cream too! Agree that IPA /APAs are nice, but wasn't fan of their Black IPA and Xmas beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad