OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Mmmmmm.... Spotted Cow!

spotted-cow-beer_1455143199117_31686667_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Really? I didn't think so with that color but my screen is really crappy so maybe that's why it seemed darker. It's a kind of malty IPA I guess then. I hope it taste good, and please give a review in about two weeks when it's carbonated ;)

The dank, Moe, the dank.
It made it up to 9.7% as of bottling. Malty, hoppy, and dank as hippo balls. Woo. One of these per playoff period is going to be some business.

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
The dank, Moe, the dank.
It made it up to 9.7% as of bottling. Malty, hoppy, and dank as hippo balls. Woo. One of these per playoff period is going to be some business.

Sounds great! :)

---

This is happening today, all day. I love day drinking, especially when it's kind of allowed. It's almost holliday today so I say it's OK.

25rytdc.jpg

The three to the left are sour beers and then it's pale ales all the way (that's actually the name on one of them) in different varieties. Some local, some not so local as you probably can see. I also got a Pilsner Urquell that goes well with my Kalles Kaviar and egg sandwiches. Something like this:

2ytv6vd.jpg

:cheers:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Some good beers in that pic, Hugart.

You have the best one hiding in the back, though. Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, that stuff should be front and center. :D

That stuff is goooooood.

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
Some good beers in that pic, Hugart.

You have the best one hiding in the back, though. Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, that stuff should be front and center. :D

That stuff is goooooood.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite beers together with Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar, the one in the front with the black and white waves. If you ever see that you should try it.

They brew in relatively small batches but I know they export some beers to US liquor stores and bars. A quick search shows that France 44 in ST Paul has some Omnipollo. They also do some crazy porters and stouts which I don't personally like, but stout people says it's good.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for the rec, I'll look out for it.

I'm actually going to the liquor store after work to grab a 6 pack and hunker down with some playoff hockey tonight so I'll see if they have it!

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Seriously, Lunds & Byerly's if you have one nearby. Just got back from the Thursday $6 6-pack deal with a mixed case of Dogfish Head, Indeed, Steel Toe, Castle Danger... a buck a beer.

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
Well, now I'm out of beer. This sucks. And the **** store is closed tomorrow because it's a freakin holliday. I forgot to plan one day ahead so now I have no beer for the game. Welcome to Sovjet, Scandinavia.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Went to the liquor store and looked in the "Other European Countries" section, but they had no Swedish beers, so no Omnipollo :(

They had Dogfish Head glasses on sale there, so I did snag a couple of those!

It's this style, which is apparently made for IPAs.

ipa_3_3333.jpg

I drink plenty of IPAs and I have a burgeoning glassware collection, so I figured why not. Haha

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
Went to the liquor store and looked in the "Other European Countries" section, but they had no Swedish beers, so no Omnipollo :(

They had Dogfish Head glasses on sale there, so I did snag a couple of those!

It's this style, which is apparently made for IPAs.

ipa_3_3333.jpg

I drink plenty of IPAs and I have a burgeoning glassware collection, so I figured why not. Haha

Too bad with the Omnipollo.

I love that glass. Bought a couple of them to my brother for christmas. I wish I'd bought a couple for myself aswell. The idea is to create turbulence with the "waves?" at the bottom everytime you take a sip. This is supposed to create more aroma to your nose with every sip, which is good for hop-forward beers.

Not sure if it enhances the taste, I just like the shape. :D

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Well, now I'm out of beer. This sucks. And the **** store is closed tomorrow because it's a freakin holliday. I forgot to plan one day ahead so now I have no beer for the game. Welcome to Sovjet, Scandinavia.

I'm sorry. That's the worst. Many of us are in Minnesota where this happens every Sunday. It's a crime against inebriety.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
When listening Purple Rain tribute by Bruce Springsteen.. you know you've had a few beers :D

Have been writing total twenty-something pages of essays for the schools I'm applying. Today was the last deadline!

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
When listening Purple Rain tribute by Bruce Springsteen.. you know you've had a few beers :D

Have been writing total twenty-something pages of essays for the schools I'm applying. Today was the last deadline!

That is definitely worth a few beers :) Hope all goes well!

---

falcon.jpg

Too late for the liquor store so I got a sixpack of these at my closest corner grocery store, 3.5% lager. Tastes like watered down water with a pinch of watered down malt extract. I've had these before but that's all they had. Do not recommend, but maybe they can give me a slight buzz while I watch The Godfather II.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Is there such a thing as Gatorade poisoning? I think I may have it. I went overboard a little bit at the gym and drank two big ones inside of probably half an hour. My stomach does not like me atm :laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Is there such a thing as Gatorade poisoning? I think I may have it. I went overboard a little bit at the gym and drank two big ones inside of probably half an hour. My stomach does not like me atm :laugh:

Anything can be poison if you try hard enough. ;)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Even water can be toxic if you drink too much. If a 165lb person were to drink 6 liters of water, it would kill them.

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
I felt like a finn today at the store so I bought a sixpack of Lapin Kulta for the game. I guess it's a sign that Granny will do a hat trick tonight.

2dmiii1.jpg

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
After not drinking beer for a month, decided to reward myself for a day of moving with this delicious beer:

KO_BW_Pour-with-Bottle_web_204X3771.png

This was absolutely amazing. Goes into my top 5 beers for sure.

Any other great beers from Kona Brewing Co.?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
After not drinking beer for a month, decided to reward myself for a day of moving with this delicious beer:

KO_BW_Pour-with-Bottle_web_204X3771.png

This was absolutely amazing. Goes into my top 5 beers for sure.

Any other great beers from Kona Brewing Co.?

I like nearly all of them...been a huge fan of Big Wave ever since I had it a few years ago. There is a newer one that's an 'Island IPA' that's really good, especially refreshing in the summer time. I'm not sure if that's out or as available everywhere yet, but really good...in orange packaging/bottle.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I like nearly all of them...been a huge fan of Big Wave ever since I had it a few years ago. There is a newer one that's an 'Island IPA' that's really good, especially refreshing in the summer time. I'm not sure if that's out or as available everywhere yet, but really good...in orange packaging/bottle.

Thanks for the recommendation! Need to look for the Island IPA next time I visit Alko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->