OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Here's more booze:
dc%20kegs-thumb-525x393-6594.jpg

That enough?

Previous Kegs:
Whatcha Drinkin'?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
First post in the last thread: 11-30-2011, 08:06 PM :amazed:

Took a while to knock that one off.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I'm getting drunk today.

It is almost bloody time. Been up since 7 just waiting for it to be acceptable to start knockin em back

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Can't watch the first half of the football game. Had to go to sauna. A small lake, some raindrops and the sun at the same time.. so I can live with it ;)

Oh, and a BrewDog Hardcore IPA. Very tasty.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Town Hall Masala Mama on Nitro & Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
BqmBHKwCIAMC23M.jpg

Day Block IPA
BlCjNmUCEAAmWFp.jpg

Excelsior Brewing Bridge Jumper IPA
BqrSyHRCUAABfme.jpg

We also cycled to Enki Brewing in Victoria. It ended up being their one year anniversary. Which meant cheap beers and too many drinks to get around to taking a picture... Quality place if you're out that way...

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Been switching off between 8-Bit Pale Ale and Goose Island Urban Pale Ale the last week or so. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. Love pale ale. So what, it's not craft-quality; wanna fight about it?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Cute wallet. ;)

I've been on a 21st Amendment kick lately. Waiting to try some Hell or High Watermelon (only available April - September). Sounds delicious. They're also one of my favorite breweries for packaging artwork.

2011-07-12-WatermelonAle.jpg

Last edited:

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
A friend of mine said that Watermelon stuff is nasty.

What the consensus around here?

I think "flavored" beer like that is doctored up for folks who don't really like beer. Pumpkin, Watermelon, Lemon-Lime, pah!

Would you slather watermelon or pumpkin all over a rib-eye before throwing it on the grill?

Hey, wait a minute ....

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I have no sense of smell, so if they make it taste decent with that watermellon crap I'd probably drink it. I can't stand beer because all I taste are hops. Blegh.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I have no sense of smell, so if they make it taste decent with that watermellon crap I'd probably drink it. I can't stand beer because all I taste are hops. Blegh.

Lucky for you there are other drinks, like wine, spirits, cocktails.

Hops are the center of the beer universe, probably a black hole for all we know.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Lucky for you there are other drinks, like wine, spirits, cocktails.

Hops are the center of the beer universe, probably a black hole for all we know.

I enjoy a good mixed drink, no question. Give me a bottle of vodka and a jug of good orange juice and I'll be drunk in no time.

Death of Rats

Jan 28, 2012
Blashyrkh
WP_20140627_005_zpsafa1f821.jpg

This was something that caught my eye and couldn't resist buying. And it's surprisingly tasty.:cheers: Edit: And as the photo is of a cr**tastic quality, the beer is of cherry flavour, definitely a must try if you can get your hands on one.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Picked up one of these on vacation in South Dakota last week...

skinnydip_l.png

Not bad, love Fat Tire but the Skinny Dip was pretty refreshing as well.

Then, the wife and I wandered over to a local winery where we picked up a few bottles of this...

20100717_4.jpg

I'm not a big wine person, but this was not bad. This particular winery makes all their wines with berries instead of grapes so it's a sweeter taste and a little less dry. Not too shabby.

Death of Rats

Jan 28, 2012
Blashyrkh
And then there's the el clásico to muddle your wits with:
WP_20140627_008_zps0d18d294.jpg

D*** you FIFA for not arranging games to kill the time with while waiting for the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad