OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Per you guys' recommendation I got some Kona Big Wave last weekend to bring to a bonfire. It's pretty good. A very solid summer time, easy drinking beer!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Found this in the liquor store on the way back from the cabin today.

de1nv8.jpg

Spotted Cow Grand Cru from New Glarus. They describe it as an imperial style of Spotted Cow.

A few times a year we cut Dan loose to brew whatever he chooses. Always handcrafted, the bottle you hold is brewed for the adventurous soul. This is a very limited edition and we make no promises to ever brew this style again.

This boss Cow rules with 8.5% ABV and an Original Gravity of 18 degrees Plato. Fine Wisconsin and Czech malts step out with hand chosen Willamette and Yakima Valley hops joined up with French and German varieties. Fresh coriander and sweet orange peel kick up Dan’s special Farmhouse Ale. Bottle fermented and hazy as an early meadow morning, expect Spotted Cow Grand Cru to be an assertively quaffable Imperial edition of Wisconsin’s favorite local brew.

It's very good! Still pretty light, in the same vein as the original Spotted Cow, but packs a little more of a punch.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I found a brewery I want to visit if I ever get to Savannah, Ga. Service Brewing Co.

No clue if the beer is any good, it's veteran-owned and operated. The corkboard for service pins and first responder patches is something I'd like to see.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Beaver Island out of St. Cloud is finally canning their beer, so I picked up a 6-pack of their Ripple German Ale.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
There's apparently a new brewery opening in my hometown of Prior Lake, Boathouse Brothers.

Supposedly it's going in right on Main Street downtown. They look to be pretty well established already, they have a logo/merchandise, and a pretty refined website.

Nobody seems to know exactly when it's opening, their site just says "Opening 2017".

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Got my imperial cream ale to clock in around 8.3%. Will test a few bottles to see if they're done carbonating. Picked up some other random cream ales yesterday to compare it against.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Took the kid hiking today. So only thing I've had is about a gallon of water. :pout:

Beer is for the draft tonight. :yo:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Had a beer with salt and coriander in it. It was glorious.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Was at a beer tasting last night and I tried six different beers. Top 3 below:

1)
redchurch---pillar-of-salt.jpg

Beer with salt and coriander seeds. Really delicious.

2)
jopen-koytbier-kleur.png

Beer made with herbs. Absolutely delicious.

3)
Beerbliotek-OO-Brewing-Sabotage-Can-Label-1024x683.jpg

Black IPA. Such deliciousness.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Anybody ever built a Kegerator or Keezer?

I am going to throw one together when I get back from this 5 week work trip in the deserts of the Middle East where there is no beer. I decided I am going with a Keezer as I already have the chest freezer and I decided on a 4 tap system and will be going with Sankey Keg coupler system as I have no time with work to keg any homebrew.

I think I have it all figured out but does anyone know if it is absolutely necessary
to regulate each keg with different Co2 settings or would I be fine to have an IPA, Pale Ale, ****** lite beer and something else on the same PSI...

Each keg will have it's own gas line coming from a 4-way manifold but the pressure will be the same going to each of the 4 kegs....

Also, I am taking opinions on which 4 beers to put on tap :)

1. Day Tripper Pale Ale from Indeed
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Up at the cabin for the week, we have two bottles of Badger Hill's 5th anniversary Double IPA. Wow, is it good. I remember when they first released it a few years ago, and every time I go back I annoy them about making it again :laugh:

Probably one of the top 5 beers I've ever had.

Also, I am taking opinions on which 4 beers to put on tap :)

1. Day Tripper Pale Ale from Indeed
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?

If it was me, the other 3 probably would be...
2. Surly Todd the Axe Man
3. Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA
4. Fulton Sweet Child of Vine

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Had one of these last night while catching back up on Game of Thrones in time for the new season.
beer_177405.jpg

I was worried it being marked down to $4 was due to it having sat around long enough to weaken whatever IIPA qualities it was supposed to have going on, but there was still plenty. Very accurate description slapped on there.

If I was picking 4 to have on tap I would probably aim for a few different style staples to accommodate what I find guests like to drink and rotate my favorites through them, something like
1. Pilsnery/not-hoppy-y (Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold, Bauhaus Wonderstuff, Schell's Fort Road Helles, Castle Danger Cream Ale etc.)
2. IPA (Bell's Two-Hearted, Fulton Sweet Child of Vine etc.)
3. Porter/Stout/Darker things (Insight Devil's Companion, Founder's Dirty *******, etc.)
4. Seasonal/crazy/whatever (Sierra Nevada Celebration, Schell's Winter thing, saisons, ciders etc.)

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Per you guys' recommendation I got some Kona Big Wave last weekend to bring to a bonfire. It's pretty good. A very solid summer time, easy drinking beer!

im sure i recommended KONA awhile back , i have a big wave t-shirt & a 9' x 3' kona beer poster my local liq store gave me! hey reason for my post is sw air is having a sale i think through friday if anyones chewing on a flight. kona shirts mines at the bottom https://shop.konabrewingco.com/collections/mens see my post #105.

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
A glass of Lagavulin 16 YO this evening.

So smoky, so delicious.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Had New Belgium Watermelon Lime Wheat Ale earlier this week. Fun summer beer.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
19875225_1298760830221099_7442991340548453547_n.png

Habanero stout.

Also had some Radbrew Argus IPA, Beerman IPA/APA and Lizard on a Stick from Radbrew, all were ****ing excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad