What Would Make You Stop Cheering For The Oilers?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Outside of the team becoming a bunch of terrorists I don't think there is anything that would stop me.

Been through enough on ice and off ice bad decisions since the Early 90's and I'm still a fan.

Reactions: Mcwinner

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Them moving to another City.

Then I'd cheer for the Edmonton Hurricanes in about 15 years.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
McDavid traded. If it wasn't for that magic day 3 years ago today, I would have already turned my fan card in that summer. Now I can't help but want to follow what McJesus does.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
McDavid traded. If it wasn't for that magic day 3 years ago today, I would have already turned my fan card in that summer. Now I can't help but want to follow what McJesus does.

Me too on this one. I am so fed up with this orgnization. with out McD I think I would have jumped ship already.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Me too on this one. I am so fed up with this orgnization. with out McD I think I would have jumped ship already.

Yup. I seriously question why I subject myself to this shit as 'entertainment' pretty frequently. Without McDavid there's nothing else for me here. I don't even live in Edmonton anymore.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Trading Nuge.

If Nuge goes, I go, simple as that. I will never watch another Oilers game again. Sick of this team giving up on good players only to see those players move on and excel with other teams.

Reactions: ujju2

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I would say nothing for most of us here. If we have not fled yet I can't see us leaving at all.
Don't underestimate the ability of our management to p*** us off. I still think they could run more diehards out of town.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Trading Nuge.

If Nuge goes, I go, simple as that. I will never watch another Oilers game again. Sick of this team giving up on good players only to see those players move on and excel with other teams.
I think you,ean trading Nuge for a roster downgrade. Although it seems unlikely there are acceptable trades involving him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think you,ean trading Nuge for a roster downgrade. Although it seems unlikely there are acceptable trades involving him.
yeah, I'd think it's likely that Nuge we be traded if we got Karlsson for instance.

Although, I would like us to keep some piece of the first rebuild here. It's just so weird that we'd shuffle out absolutely everyone. I know it's a bit sentimental, but it gives our team some continuity. (and btw, I know that maybe a big reason that Vegas is so good is that they don't have any baggage of the past at all, and maybe all baggage is bad)

Reactions: ujju2

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Nothing. I’ve been thru the Gretzky trade, selling of numerous star players and the OBC era. Still nice 1993 this team has been garbage but I keep coming back.
Yep, to me the darkest days of this franchise happened with the Gretzky trade and the aftermath. Going from being a perennial Stanley Cup winner to what happened in the early nineties was, IMO, even worse than the decade of darkness. I survived that as a fan. I’m disgusted with how Katz is running the team and even if I don’t support it financially, I won’t stop cheering for them.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Yep, to me the darkest days of this franchise happened with the Gretzky trade and the aftermath. Going from being a perennial Stanley Cup winner to what happened in the early nineties was, IMO, even worse than the decade of darkness. I survived that as a fan. I’m disgusted with how Katz is running the team and even if I don’t support it financially, I won’t stop cheering for them.

At least with Katz we know that he’ll spend to the cap and give former players jobs for life. Mcdavid will be a lifelong Oiler if he wants to be. Pocklingtim would already be planning a Mcdavid sale by now.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Only if the team moved or folded. I used to be an Edmonton Trappers fan and also followed the Pacific Coast League. After they moved, I had no interest in the team or league. Also have no allegiance to the Portland Winter Hawks or Kootenay Ice after both teams left.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'll admit that I was on the verge of being done for good after MacT's presser following the 14-15 season. Then McDavid happened.

What would make you quit the Oilers for good?

Not getting rid of at least 1 of Tmac/Chiarelli this offseason.

Reactions: BlackDogg

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Over the past decade I've tried a few times and failed.
To stop cheering for the Oilers I'd have to stop paying attention to hockey.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
Even if McDavid with 50% retention was traded to the penguins for Justin Schultz I would still sadly cheer for this team till my Death. This was the first team I watched, it was my dads team and it’s my daughters team. It’s now in the bloodline.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I basically stopped watching 13-14 and 14-15 the oilers were supposed to be on the upswing then Yakupov and Schultz happened...

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
What would make me stop cheering? If they traded away our star players for nothing and began to make stupid decisions like giving away good draft picks for...oh, wait.

Reactions: McBeastMode

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
17 years old, probably in for life. Unless they move. Man, that's a long time, I sure hope they get their act together soon.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'll admit that I was on the verge of being done for good after MacT's presser following the 14-15 season. Then McDavid happened.

What would make you quit the Oilers for good?

I'll admit that I was feeling done. I couldn't ever switch to another team, so I would have just focused more on the Niagara Ice Dogs and other hobbies. I wasn't even watching the McDavid lottery because I just didn't feel any hope. I was out when it happened I got several "**** you!" texts from my Leafs fan friends... that is how I found out. That is what re-energized me.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Basically any of the OBC coming back to any prominence or being outed as behind the scenes meddlers 100%.

Once that’s dealt with I would come back.

I would probably still cheer for them anyway because I’m an idiot.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
At least with Katz we know that he’ll spend to the cap and give former players jobs for life. Mcdavid will be a lifelong Oiler if he wants to be. Pocklingtim would already be planning a Mcdavid sale by now.
Lots to hate about Pocklington but if he’d have had Katz money he would have found a way to build a winner. His ego was driven by the Oilers success. I don’t believe that’s the case with Katz.

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
The team moving, I survived Gretzky getting traded and Pronger asking for a trade I'd survive a McDavid trade demand. It's the team and city I cheer for not one player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad