Value of: What would Carey Price realistically cost?

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
He's in his prime, he's untouchable at the moment. That said, he's a goaltender, his game can drop off at any moment, so I can't see another GM putting together the over the top fantasy package to try to land him. Price will be locked into a massive contract sooner than later and he's earned it but the if you think Toews is risky at 10+? Luongo was the best in the world once upon a time and his contract was awful and he'll make half as much as Price.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
No one is going to trade for him, value is just too high and goalies are never traded for this much but realistically I'd say his value is 2 1st round picks + bluechip prospect

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
No one is going to trade for him, value is just too high and goalies are never traded for this much but realistically I'd say his value is 2 1st round picks + bluechip prospect

lol so far off
if that was the price, 31 teams, including the habs, would have offered that.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
1. He's available
2. Assuming your team is a contender and wants him, what would your GM give up for him?
3. Would another GM be willing or able to beat that offer.

Basically a realistic formula for his trade value. First piece coming back has to be starting goalie.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Hell no. Goalies NEVER go for that kind of value.

Habs once traded the best goalie in hockey and made the Avs instant CUP champs, so Habs sold LOW. Price is the Best goalie in hockey and if someone would want to rip Price for the Habs right now it would be the most one-sided trade in the history in the NHL.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Habs once traded the best goalie in hockey and made the Avs instant CUP champs, so Habs sold LOW. Price is the Best goalie in hockey and if someone would want to rip Price for the Habs right now it would be the most one-sided trade in the history in the NHL.
Hmm, let's see, what year was that again?

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
People are truly clueless. Look at the Habs with Price last year and this year. Look at the Habs without Price last year. He is the best goalie in the world and makes ANY team a Cup contender. Period. People laugh at our defence, say we have limited offence, and then say Price is overrated. Asinine. The only way to get Price is to make an offer that is ridiculous because it is what he is worth. No team will do it, and the Habs should keep Price no matter what.

Price is worth every single overpayment is would imaginably cost to get him. People who do not recognize that need to actually watch hockey.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The HF meltdown, from which the server never recovers:

To Boston:

G Carey Price
F Max Pacioretty

To Montreal:

G Tuukka Rask
F Patrice Bergeron
G Malcolm Subban

Subban also has to agree to switch his number to #67 so Habs fans can iron off their old Subban numbers and reverse them so they can wear them out again to games.

That, or they can combine their old Subban jerseys with their NOW old Pacioretty jerseys to make a super jersey!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The HF meltdown, from which the server never recovers:

To Boston:

G Carey Price
F Max Pacioretty

To Montreal:

G Tuukka Rask
F Patrice Bergeron
G Malcolm Subban

Subban also has to agree to switch his number to #67 so Habs fans can iron off their old Subban numbers and reverse them so they can wear them out again to games.

ur joking right?? Absolutely horrible for the Habs.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
ur joking right?? Absolutely horrible for the Habs.

I can't tell what's worse; that you couldn't pick up on the humour or that you truly believe that the jump from Carey Price to Tuukka Rask is much more than the same gap from Patrice Bergeron to Max Pacioretty.

Sure, you may have a point in the regular season but I thought this year was about winning a Cup?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I can't tell what's worse; that you couldn't pick up on the humour or that you truly believe that the jump from Carey Price to Tuukka Rask is much more than the same gap from Patrice Bergeron to Max Pacioretty.

Sure, you may have a point in the regular season but I thought this year was about winning a Cup?

As a neutral fan, Price + Patches > Rask + Bergeron.

Also, the gap between Price and Rask is larger because he plays the most important position and is undisputedly the #1 goalie in the world.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
As a neutral fan, Price + Patches > Rask + Bergeron.

Also, the gap between Price and Rask is larger because he plays the most important position and is undisputedly the #1 goalie in the world.

Yup, but only a Subban added in for me. I understand this thread was purely made for 1) glorify Price 2) have Habs fans like the post above (hahahahahah:shakehead) be rude to other fanbases but for me the gap Patrice Bergeron has over Max Pacioretty is close enough to the gap Carey Price has over Tuukka Rask. Close enough that Subban is added to null it out and add more humour.

And before everyone resumes 1 and 2 above (2 will come before 1, I guarantee) I was here on these threads when Rask was coming off his Vezina, SCF run and people were saying he was better than Price with valid points.

Longevity and Cups. That's how players become 'Priceless' like Roy, Brodeur and Hasek. Oddly enough, even a couple of them had a price tag and were moved. And that was after years of Vezina's and Cups.

Nonetheless, back to 1 and 2 (not referring to you BTW but rather how quickly goalies are given the praise and accolades after a couple good years.) I guess some of us were lucky enough to see the truly great goalies play for over a decade at the top year in and year out.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Let's say one GM has gone mad and wants to trade the farm for Carey Price. what would he offer?

If Marc Bergevin is crazy enough to trade him what would be his demand?

It would cost Sidney Crosby, and no one else.

These threads are pointless. Price isn't getting traded unless Montreal bombs again this year (which would only occur if Montreal gets decimated by injury again).

/ end thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad