What will the Sharks lineup be this season?

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Ugh.. I guess the lockout did not let the wingels delirium subside, there is no reason he should even sniff top line minutes on this team, none at all. He would just drag thornton and pavs percentages down or they would just ignore him even more than they ignored marleau last year.

Nah. Joe Thornton can make anyone a star. See Cheechoo, Jonathan and Setoguchi, Devin for proof.

NathanCouture

Angry Joe
Sponsor
Nov 1, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA

Coaching? Well I think that was one of the major issues last year, I mean this team barely got into the playoffs...it will be very interesting to see what we get with the new additions to the coaching staff. I'm sick and tired of koala's "believe in the system, stick to the system." line of ********.

I think with the change in coaching staff the writing is on the wall. Todd must produce or will be replaced. In the end the only thing that matters is results.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
I think with the change in coaching staff the writing is on the wall. Todd must produce or will be replaced. In the end the only thing that matters is results.

I agree.

I think he showed that he's incapable of adapting his system to face certain teams, the Blues were a perfect example of this, having a coach who is either unable, or unwilling to adjust is a very bad thing.

PlaywithGutz*

I agree.

I think he showed that he's incapable of adapting his system to face certain teams, the Blues were a perfect example of this, having a coach who is either unable, or unwilling to adjust is a very bad thing.

If Big Bird can help the D side of SJ's game and more precisely their PK then the Todd will look much better....but lets remember Toddr is pretty green and SJ, somewhat, limped into the PO's...struggling...banged up..or so they say...

If you really want a more precise reference between the intangibles of a SC winner and SJ, then all you have to look at is LA(didnt beat them in the PO's but IMO exactly how SJ should play), Hawks, Ana.... and how they took out SJ with a level of play that was above them..out hustling, out willing them, etc...is it coaching or top level talent not deciding??????? IMO i lean towards to the later(with a mix of being out coached)

You have to look in the mirror after failing miserably in the PO with two different coaches...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I agree.

He did too make adjustments. Did you not see all the line changes that were tried. :sarcasm:

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I like the idea of the new PK units so far.

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks

Hint at new #SWJSharks PK set-up? Couture-Havlat-Murray-Stuart on Teal, Galiardi-Wingels-Boyle-Irwin on White?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Hint at new #SWJSharks PK set-up? Couture-Havlat-Murray-Stuart on Teal, Galiardi-Wingels-Boyle-Irwin on White?

Desi-Burish, Marleau-Pavelski is also being used, Vlasic is being used w/ Stuart - they are kind of switching up a bit.

After watching a couple of scrimmages, I'm pretty sure Burish is going to quickly become a fan favorite.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
:laugh: Havlat on the PK

? He's above average defensively and extremely fast. He's exactly who you want on an aggressive pk.

Make no mistake, the Sharks need a much more aggressive pk. Better skaters, smarter players (when to pinch, when to break out, ability to break out).

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The lack of news with regard to Burns' injury is really bothering me. Does not sound like he is skating yet and the Sharks have not really said much about his expected return. With a short season, starting with Burns would have been really nice.

Though, I am excited about seeing Irwin and the other Worcester guys and hoping that they can step up.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
No Demers or Burns means it's time for some Woosta Kaepernicking

You say Woosta Kaepernicking, and I just hear "Sena Acolatse." :D

Seriously though, I cannot wait for our local boy (well local until age 10, but still...especially Fremont, my hometown!) to become a San Jose Shark.

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
You say Woosta Kaepernicking, and I just hear "Sena Acolatse." :D

Seriously though, I cannot wait for our local boy (well local until age 10, but still...especially Fremont, my hometown!) to become a San Jose Shark.

Wasn't he born in Hayward? Or was he raised in Fremont?

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN No surprise, but Todd McLellan says it's now a safe assumption that Brent Burns won't be in the lineup on Sunday. #SJSharks

duh.gif

niel094

Jan 13, 2011

Does it make sense to put top 6 forwards on pk? More specifically havlat. He injured himself getting off of the bench lol now there gonna make him block shot haha he'd be safer going to war

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
? He's above average defensively and extremely fast. He's exactly who you want on an aggressive pk.

Make no mistake, the Sharks need a much more aggressive pk. Better skaters, smarter players (when to pinch, when to break out, ability to break out).

Because he's made of glass and the PK is suppose to block shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad