What will the Sharks lineup be this season?

WineShark

Nov 19, 2006
Napa Valley, CA
well, he did have it first

hi-res-55814314_crop_650x440.jpg
I'm pretty sure Steuy was #7

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

Those lines look right to me. It's surprising that the commenters are so down on griess and our bottom lines.

I don't think out bottom lines are amazing or anything but every one of galiardi, wingels, and sheppard could really have some good return, and/or growth years between them all. Also we get to see if Zeus was really screwed by his injuries last year or if he truly has lost his game completely.

I don't get why people are so down on the sharks this year, we have a ton of vets who just got an extra few months of rest and if they can fix a horrendous pk this team is automatically 10 wins better last year and whatever that equates to this year. Oh well it's almost time to find out!!

NWShark*

Hers the thing everyone forgets about handzus... When the sharks played the kings in the playoffs 2 years ago he was probably the best kings forward thruout the series and that performance led to the sharks signing him. He's always been a gamer and always been a good addition to every team he's played on from the blues to Philly to the kings. So it's likely he was injured and probably suffering somewhat from the loss of one of his best friends. Assuming he's healthy I bet we see a completely different player this year.

NWShark*

I liked Winchester. I think he was effective in his role, and even exceeded expectations when given more responsibility.

Loved Winchester and what he brought. Wouldn't mind them resigning him at all. This teams problems were from guys like winchester and vandy... It was pk and injuries.

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
Zeus said that he had a hip injury all year long and he just played through it

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Hers the thing everyone forgets about handzus... When the sharks played the kings in the playoffs 2 years ago he was probably the best kings forward thruout the series and that performance led to the sharks signing him. He's always been a gamer and always been a good addition to every team he's played on from the blues to Philly to the kings. So it's likely he was injured and probably suffering somewhat from the loss of one of his best friends. Assuming he's healthy I bet we see a completely different player this year.

This is what I'm hoping for. And if things don't look right after the first couple of weeks, I'd expect DW to try to figure it out.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Handzus will have a damn good year, IMO. He'll be what DW expected when he signed him ... just a gut feeling.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I'm sure having so much time off plus short schedule will help Zeus be better, I am just not sure how much better.

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
I think Handzus will bounce back as well. I (for now) feel ok slotting him in 3rd line C to gain back some trust from the coaches. He was a beast against us 2 years ago in the playoffs, and he is surprisingly good in the shootout - which might come in handy in a shortened year. Only time will tell, and he has had a lot so hopefully it works out for him.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
funnily enough zeus had this highest point total in our bottom six. there is a lot of potential to really get a fully functioning third line in there.

i am a huge fan of wingels, having a big bodied center like zeus there for him will hopefully open up a lot of lanes. im hoping tj will be that nice speed/skill element to the other two and we could have nice chemistry down there.

PlaywithGutz*

Zero grit......

boy Dougie has been busy...puting together a solid bottom 6...hahahah

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
I liked Winchester. I think he was effective in his role, and even exceeded expectations when given more responsibility.

I liked him too. He was also one of the few Sharks that played physical.

Yep - I really was impressed with what he brought, and was quite confused when he was being benched or scratched late in the year.

Boyle to the damn Pens? Uh, hell ****ing no. :shakehead

I expect to see a bounce back year from several guys who had pretty bad seasons last year, Murray, Clowe, Handzeus, etc...

Niemi....I still don't like the guy, I think he has terrible fundamentals, terrible situational awareness, poor puck skills, I could go on and on about what I feel is lacking on his end, but I think it's also apparent that the team looks much more confident and less frantic when Greiss is in net...I just don't think he's a good goalie and I really hope that we can give Stalock or Greiss some real time in net this year.

Coaching? Well I think that was one of the major issues last year, I mean this team barely got into the playoffs...it will be very interesting to see what we get with the new additions to the coaching staff. I'm sick and tired of koala's "believe in the system, stick to the system." line of ********.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
With a shortened season the Sharks should double shift Thornton alot. Our last 2 lines look dreadful on paper.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Niemi has the ability to steal a game every once in a while. I haven't seen anything like that from Griess.

He may steal a game "every once in a while" but he straight up craps the bed way more often.

Give griess an actual chance and let's just see if he can or can't steal some games while playing far more reliably in net.

Niemi's rebounds do not work with this team, so unless the new coaches have actually changed where our D sets up for them, we will still see nemo flopping around with zero awareness after every rebound and follow up shots lighting the lamp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad